Army-Baylor Class of 2019 (Sept 16 BOLC Report/Jan 17 DPT Start)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Folks, I think the board started this morning. I'm going to do my best to stay the hell away from these boards and not think about it, but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't thin it's going to be a very productive week.

Good luck to everyone, hope to see you all next fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm soooooo ready to hear the decision! Fingers crossed that we'll hear next week. Life-changing moment hopefully coming soon for us!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm soooooo ready to hear the decision! Fingers crossed that we'll hear next week. Life-changing moment hopefully coming soon for us!

The Army-Baylor site says offers will be made in Feb or early March so I'm still holding out hope we hear something this week. Soooooo close...

Members don't see this ad :)
The Army-Baylor site says offers will be made in Feb or early March so I'm still holding out hope we hear something this week. Soooooo close...

Back when I signed the final form my recruiter said that the board lasts for 3 days, so I'm really hoping that maybe we'll hear back later this week...could theoretically be as early as Wednesday night! But who knows.

Holy cow, I didn't realize it could be that soon! Excuse me while I freak out.
Best of luck to us all!

Back when I signed the final form my recruiter said that the board lasts for 3 days, so I'm really hoping that maybe we'll hear back later this week...could theoretically be as early as Wednesday night! But who knows.
What branch did you put down as your preference?

Wed or even Thursday sounds good to me. If I have to wait much longer than that I might not have any finger nails left. :nailbiting:

It would be great to hear back this week. I was told by my recruiter that the board ends on the 26th and the results wouldn't be published for 3-4 weeks. So I was settling in for the long haul.

It would be great to hear back this week. I was told by my recruiter that the board ends on the 26th and the results wouldn't be published for 3-4 weeks. So I was settling in for the long haul.

Oh gosh...I hope not. I might die of anticipation haha.

Oh gosh...I hope not. I might die of anticipation haha.
Ditto. I don't know why it would take that long to hear something. It might take a while for the "official" announcement to be published via a MILPER message or what not, but I would hope they would give us a heads up before then.

It's most likely after COB in Texas so the board might very well be over with. Fingers crossed we hear something very soon. :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything in the last day or so about when we might be notified? I sent my recruiter an email, but no word back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Might want to wait a bit before you buy that line
Nobody knows yet
Hang in there
Roger, sir. I freely admit patience is not a virtue I possess. I really need to work on that.

I've been told by Baylor faculty that the selection board list will be released this Friday!

Reactions: 3 users
I've been told by Baylor faculty that the selection board list will be released this Friday!

Awesome! I don't know about you, but every time I get an email notification my heart jumps a bit. Not sure how longer my poor ticker can take this waiting.

Awesome! I don't know about you, but every time I get an email notification my heart jumps a bit. Not sure how longer my poor ticker can take this waiting

I know, the anticipation is killing me! It will be nice to know either way.

I have a lot of decisions hinging on this, so I'll be glad to be able to finally know!
Ditto, my wife and I have both been stalling putting off major decisions to our current employers. It would suck to not get in, but I would rather just find out now instead of later. If I don't get in I'll mope around for a bit and lick my wounds, but I'll at least be able to regroup and come back stronger. It's almost 3:30 in SA so it doesn't look like it will happen today, but at least we know it may happen at any time.

I have a lot of decisions hinging on this, so I'll be glad to be able to finally know!

Sameeeeee. I'm so ready to find out and figure out my life beyond the next few months, haha.

Do any of you know if any of your references were contacted?

I haven't heard if our references were contacted. Really hoping we hear from our recruiters tomorrow. Hopefully the list will be released in the morning so our recruiters have plenty of time to contact everyone before tomorrow evening.

Do any of you know if any of your references were contacted?

I'm pretty sure that my character references weren't contacted, since a couple of them are close friends I see on a pretty much daily basis, and I'm sure they would've told me if they had been. I don't know about the professional references though.

Honestly, I don't think they are checking references right now. The giant packet we had to fill out is very similar to the packet I had to do on every applicant that I had in my recruiter days (if you think filling out the packet sucked imagine being the recruiter who had to enter all of that info in to a computer for dozens of applicants, I don't miss those days at all). All of the info you submitted must be entered into the application system for your packet to "validate" at MEPS and in the application tracking system. If anything is left blank it won't pass QC and will get kicked back. To be honest a lot of that info probably won't be used at this point in time. The residence, work, and education history are sometimes necessary for background checks. We used to be required to obtain city, county, and state police checks anywhere you worked, lived, or went to school. For old folks like me who have bounced all over the country that is a giant pain. They will run an interagency, federal level check when you go to MEPS, but those things don't show a lot of local stuff. Even though a lot of the info won't be used I would still hold onto the packet if I were you. It is very similar to the packet you may have to fill out if you need a security clearance down the line. If you save the your packet now you can save yourself the hassle of regathering all of that info down the line. For Secret clearances they start digging in a little deeper. If you ever need a Top Secret clearance that info is vital, as they may actually do in person interviews with some of the people you list.

Your mileage may vary, but this is how things have gone in my experience.

...For Secret clearances they start digging in a little deeper. If you ever need a Top Secret clearance that info is vital, as they may actually do in person interviews with some of the people you list.

Ahhh buddy hit us with the Top Secret clearance low-down

Honestly, I don't think they are checking references right now. The giant packet we had to fill out is very similar to the packet I had to do on every applicant that I had in my recruiter days (if you think filling out the packet sucked imagine being the recruiter who had to enter all of that info in to a computer for dozens of applicants, I don't miss those days at all). All of the info you submitted must be entered into the application system for your packet to "validate" at MEPS and in the application tracking system. If anything is left blank it won't pass QC and will get kicked back. To be honest a lot of that info probably won't be used at this point in time. The residence, work, and education history are sometimes necessary for background checks. We used to be required to obtain city, county, and state police checks anywhere you worked, lived, or went to school. For old folks like me who have bounced all over the country that is a giant pain. They will run an interagency, federal level check when you go to MEPS, but those things don't show a lot of local stuff. Even though a lot of the info won't be used I would still hold onto the packet if I were you. It is very similar to the packet you may have to fill out if you need a security clearance down the line. If you save the your packet now you can save yourself the hassle of regathering all of that info down the line. For Secret clearances they start digging in a little deeper. If you ever need a Top Secret clearance that info is vital, as they may actually do in person interviews with some of the people you list.

Question for you because you seem to know a lot about military PT, I know there may be some physical therapy scholarships through the Air Force (if I were to get into a civilian school and not army Baylor). Do you know anything about that or any tips on applying to something like that?

Ahhh buddy hit us with the Top Secret clearance low-down

This page pretty much sums it up:

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/security_3.htm

A secret check generally involves a criminal background check, as well as a credit check. I hear the credit check is to screen for people in financial trouble that may be easily coerced (read: bribed). For a TS they will actually interview the applicant and people they listed on the application. I don't see many reasons why a PT would need a TS. Maybe if they were assigned to a Ranger or SF unit. There are special assignments at places like the Pentagon and White House that might require something like that, but that would those are competitive assignments where officers help craft policy and what not. You wouldn't really in acting in the capacity of a PT.

Question for you because you seem to know a lot about military PT, I know there may be some physical therapy scholarships through the Air Force (if I were to get into a civilian school and not army Baylor). Do you know anything about that or any tips on applying to something like that?

Sorry, I don't know anything about a program like that. All of my experience is on the Army side and they tend to get the majority of their PTs from Army-Baylor. The AF only sends a couple of people per year to Baylor and they draw from people that are already in the service. I would assume that they draw more people from the civilian side, but I don't know the specifics. In another thread @starrsgirl was talking about commissioning as a PT in the AF. She can probably give you more details when she has a chance.

All this waiting is killing me :(

They said they were only taking 10 people this year on the OML so you still have a good shot if someone has a change of heart or something got wrong in the physical.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of the country are you in? Trying to figure out if we have the same recruiter.

My recruiter said the OML list was significant, so I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I heard from my recruiter out of the recruiting center in Lexington, KY. Have been accepted. Was called about an hour ago.

My recruiter just called and said "I was on the list" but said she only knew if navy people were accepted and I'm army??? How is everyone finding out. I think my recruiter is confused

My recruiter said practically everyone was on the OML besides 4 navy selects and 2 non selects. Is that right? We're all pending physicals for Army slots?

My recruiter said practically everyone was on the OML besides 4 navy selects and 2 non selects. Is that right? We're all pending physicals for Army slots?

I think your recruiter is confused because that doesn't make any sense. I doubt they only selected 4 Navy folks and then put 90 plus people on a wait list. What part of the country are you in?