Auburn c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an interview with Auburn! Just got the email!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think so. My last name is high up in the alphabet.

Oh ok. That makes me feel a little bit better. My last name begins with R, so maybe there's still hope yet!
Or maybe they forgot to reject me.
So many possibilities.
AHHHHHHH! :scared:

I got one too and my last name starts with A

Oh! Congrats!

Okay. Well maybe I will hear something later tonight or tomorrow. I have to remind myself Auburn is an hour behind me so they have about 2 hours of the work day still to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh! Congrats!

Okay. Well maybe I will hear something later tonight or tomorrow. I have to remind myself Auburn is an hour behind me so they have about 2 hours of the work day still to go.

Thanks, I can't wait to see the rest of the alphabet post in here. Good luck! :luck:

My last name begins with an A and I received my invite today. Definitely happy, as I was rejected last year.

The GPA thing yall were mentioning is also a fib. My Cum GPA is a 3.33, which I know is not impressive. It is my GRE and experience that makes me stand out.

Keep your hopes up. Last year I was rejected point blank from the four I applied to. This year (so far) I've had 3 interviews, 2 rejections and 3 that haven't put word out yet (and yes, that adds up to 8).

At this rate I'm not going to hear anything until next week. Everyone keep us posted on their letter of the alphabet as e-mails go out tomorrow!

The GPA thing yall were mentioning is also a fib. My Cum GPA is a 3.33, which I know is not impressive. It is my GRE and experience that makes me stand out.

This is the exact email that I got so no its not a fib..

We will not do post interviews until late May or early June. You can call 334-844-2685 in mid May or later to schedule the post interview.

With 900+ applicants for only 40 seats this year we only considered those with a 3.5 cum gpa, you self reported a cum over 3.5 but we do not recognize +/- grades (4.0 scale) nor do we recognize any courses excluded from your gpa by the school you attended just because you took it a 2nd time, we count every attempt. Your cum gpa was 3.47.

Using the criteria we did we will interview approximately 350 of the applicants for those 40 seats, the pool was extremely competitive based on grades.

Kaye G. Storey
Coordinator of Admissions/Student Services
College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Academic Affairs
217 Overton/Goodwin
Auburn, AL 36849
(334)844-2685

My last name begins with an A and I received my invite today. Definitely happy, as I was rejected last year.

Keep your hopes up. Last year I was rejected point blank from the four I applied to. This year (so far) I've had 3 interviews, 2 rejections and 3 that haven't put word out yet (and yes, that adds up to 8).
Are you OSS?

With 900+ applicants for only 40 seats this year we only considered those with a 3.5 cum gpa, you self reported a cum over 3.5 but we do not recognize +/- grades (4.0 scale) nor do we recognize any courses excluded from your gpa by the school you attended just because you took it a 2nd time, we count every attempt. Your cum gpa was 3.47.

They do not recognize +/- scales? Does that mean that all of my A- were bumped up to A's in their eyes?? Curiouser and Curiouser. Can't say that I'm opposed to that. Sorry that it didn't work out for you! I haven't heard yet what that means for me.

Like ouijetaime said, keep us updated on your letter :)

my last name starts with "H" and I got my email on tuesday

Anyone hear anything today?? Would really like an invite as my bday present!! (Especially with a probable Tufts rejection today....) :(

they're sending emails today! keep stalking your inboxes! I've got an interview!!! :) Interviews are feb 4-8, actual date TBD. so relieved and excited!!!

they're sending emails today! keep stalking your inboxes! I've got an interview!!! :) Interviews are feb 4-8, actual date TBD. so relieved and excited!!!

Aaaaaaagh! I wish they would email me this waiting is making me sick with anxiety!

What's the first letter of your last name?

Last edited:
My last name is S... I'm getting worried. Pretty please Auburn give me the best birthday present in the world today with an interview invite!!!!!

My last name starts with H and I got mine around 10:30 this morning if that helps anyone!

This is the exact email that I got so no its not a fib..

We will not do post interviews until late May or early June. You can call 334-844-2685 in mid May or later to schedule the post interview.

Using the criteria we did we will interview approximately 350 of the applicants for those 40 seats, the pool was extremely competitive based on grades.

Kaye G. Storey
Coordinator of Admissions/Student Services
College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Academic Affairs
217 Overton/Goodwin
Auburn, AL 36849
(334)844-2685

Do you mind sharing your GRE score? I am OOS and have lower than a 3.5 and got an int invite today and they told me last yr that having over a 1250 GRE can get you an interview.

My last name begins with an H. I had ~3.5 gpa depending on how they do their calculations. I also have highish GRE percentiles (78, 78, 92W). Hope that helps!

Do you mind sharing your GRE score? I am OOS and have lower than a 3.5 and got an int invite today and they told me last yr that having over a 1250 GRE can get you an interview.

152 verbal and 150 math equals an 1120 in old gre scores

My last name is S... I'm getting worried. Pretty please Auburn give me the best birthday present in the world today with an interview invite!!!!!

I'm an R. I have a feeling you and I will hear something on the same day. May it be something good!

they told me it would take a week to send out everything and it would be in batches of 40

I hope that's true!!! My cum GPA is around a 3.35 to 3.39 depending on who calculates it, but my GRE score is a 1370.

My last name starts with a 'Y'. And I haven't heard anything yet and I am guessing I will be one of the last to hear!

So...do you think that everything Auburn is sending out this week is interview invites? Then maybe interview alternates after that? Think all the rejections went out already? Worried.

hi auburn c/o 2017 applicants! i'm new to SDN, and recently got my interview offer (thursday jan. 10th....and my last name starts with a B). trying to figure out how to use this forum to prepare for the interview...

good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

Anyone hear anything today?!?!

Someone needs to choose 2/5 for their interview date. I want to hang out with someone!

I would really, really like to hear from Auburn today. Really.

Ah, the joys of being in the latter half of the alphabet.

Last edited:
I hope they update you guys soon!!! I chose 2/4 for my interview :D It makes the most sense so that I can travel during the weekend!

Mines on 2/5 but not til 2pm because I have classes that morning. Excited already. Hope they hurry up and finish notifying everyone else..

Hey I applied to you, and this is crazy, but I hate waiting, so e-mail me, maybe?

:lol: Ouijetaime, yours will come!

Not soon enough! Every time I see an e-mail loading it goes like this:

E-mail: 1 loading!
Me: OMG EXCITE!
E-mail: I am from Livingsocial, troll lol lol
Me: Hate you.

Not soon enough! Every time I see an e-mail loading it goes like this:

E-mail: 1 loading!
Me: OMG EXCITE!
E-mail: I am from Livingsocial, troll lol lol
Me: Hate you.

This is me every time! I have LivingSocial and GroupOn on spam. Need to add a couple more to the folder of no return.

Is anyone interviewing on 2/4 at 10AM??