-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2018
Started by galixia17
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Did she happen to mention when all the notifications should be out? Im still waiting to hear a decision :/For those who still have not heard anything...I was very anxious and emailed Ms. Kaye this morning. She replied and said that there are still a few that will get interviews but have not yet been notified...and that I was one of them! I went ahead and scheduled my interview for the 12th of February. I am so excited and hopefully you all will get good news as well!![]()
did anyone else get another e-mail inviting you for an interview? i emailed back saying I had already scheduled mine, and Kaye said I didn't have to reschedule. I wish we could get a confirmation e-mail just to be sure, I am really nervous that I got missed somehow :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone else get another e-mail inviting you for an interview? i emailed back saying I had already scheduled mine, and Kaye said I didn't have to reschedule. I wish we could get a confirmation e-mail just to be sure, I am really nervous that I got missed somehow :/
Maybe call Kaye?
I received a second interview invitation yesterday too. I called and told her the problem and the date and time I had originally scheduled mine for, and she checked the list and confirmed that I was still scheduled for that time slot despite the second email. Since it sounds like the same thing happened to you, you're probably still on their list for the same time you originally scheduled, but you can always call to confirm it for peace of mind 🙂did anyone else get another e-mail inviting you for an interview? i emailed back saying I had already scheduled mine, and Kaye said I didn't have to reschedule. I wish we could get a confirmation e-mail just to be sure, I am really nervous that I got missed somehow :/
I e-mailed her and she said I was fine as well 🙂 I'm glad to know that I am not the only one!
I heard that last year (at least on the very last interview day) it was just one interviewer at the end of a very long table 😛 I don't know really what questions they ask or anything other than what's posted on the SDN surveys from previous applicants.
Does anyone know the format of Auburn's interviews? I heard they were more rigorous compared to Mississippi and I was just curious why they were different.
I was also wondering this, such as is the interview open or closed, what type of questions they ask and roughly how long the interview lasts?
Last year I was interviewed by two faculty members. It was an open interview. They asked me specific questions about my application (like explain what you did at this practice) and then questions about veterinary ethics, what I wanted to do, what I would do if I couldn't go to vet school, etc. The interview time seemed to REALLY vary based on who interviewed you. The women who interviewed me were like 2 interviews ahead of schedule and they each lasted like 15-20 minutes. The other interviewers were all behind schedule and seemed to last about 30-35 minutes. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Last year I was interviewed by two faculty members. It was an open interview. They asked me specific questions about my application (like explain what you did at this practice) and then questions about veterinary ethics, what I wanted to do, what I would do if I couldn't go to vet school, etc. The interview time seemed to REALLY vary based on who interviewed you. The women who interviewed me were like 2 interviews ahead of schedule and they each lasted like 15-20 minutes. The other interviewers were all behind schedule and seemed to last about 30-35 minutes. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Yes thank you!
Mine is on Feb 7th (this Friday) and I'm super nervous!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I have seen this though. I meant more about the actual set up and the "feel" of the interview 🙂
Thank you! I have seen this though. I meant more about the actual set up and the "feel" of the interview 🙂
My interview last year had a lot of questions mentioned on here. I was interviewed by 2 male vets and they were very casual and conversational in their interview style. We sat at a small table across from each other and it had a very friendly "feel" 🙂 my other friend did get different interviewers (I think to female vets?) and she said she was given more of a "good cop, bad cop feel" lol but either way just relax and know that they already liked you enough on paper to invite you there, so now you just have to be yourself in person 😉
Mine is on the very last day! But in the morning. I'm so excited and really can't wait to be down there!
My interview last year had a lot of questions mentioned on here. I was interviewed by 2 male vets and they were very casual and conversational in their interview style. We sat at a small table across from each other and it had a very friendly "feel" 🙂 my other friend did get different interviewers (I think to female vets?) and she said she was given more of a "good cop, bad cop feel" lol but either way just relax and know that they already liked you enough on paper to invite you there, so now you just have to be yourself in person 😉
What great advice. Thank you very much 🙂 I'm so excited!
We just got an email about y'all's parking!!! Honestly, Auburn's interviews are ten minute long chit chats. I think I asked my interviewers more questions than they asked me, and the ones they asked were very straightforward, like what is a veterinarians role in a world with a vastly expanding population, if I had ever had a specific experience that made me think I didn't want to be a vet, etc. there were a few interview teams last year that asked off the wall questions, but they weren't anything you could really prepare for (reading the second amendment and asking you what it was from and what you thought about it, handing you an otter skull and asking you what it was from) and you're not really expected to ace them. You're just expected not to break down and get flustered. My best advice is to put forethought into your image: conservative suit, non goofy haircut, get a nice folder for your transcript. That's the first impression they'll have of you and the one you can influence the most.
I've decided to decline my interview after getting an acceptance else ware. I would have loved to see Auburn and meet all of you, but it's just not financially the best option right now. Travel isn't cheap! Hopefully one of you get my spot! Good luck with your interviews!!! 🙂
Are we suppose up bring official transcripts? I sent them my fall transcripts so I was just going to print my unofficial transcripts..,hopefully that'll be ok :-(.
That's all I did last year and it was fine! 🙂
I'm getting very excited for my interview next week! I can't wait to tour the campus. Does anyone know anything about the new hospital? When will it be done? Also, does anyone know how many people Auburn typically invites for interviews? Just wondering 🙂
They said bring a copy of fall transcripts and spring schedule to the interview.Wait.... Do they want our transcripts now? I was told to hold off until Kaye said otherwise... Mines this Friday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The one I went to today was about 40 minutes long... The tour was much longer, about an hour and a half total.does anyone know about how long the financial aid discussion will last? Trying to plan interview day!! 🙂
Good luck to everyone heading to the interviews!! 🙂
This is so good to hear!We just got an email about y'all's parking!!! Honestly, Auburn's interviews are ten minute long chit chats. I think I asked my interviewers more questions than they asked me, and the ones they asked were very straightforward, like what is a veterinarians role in a world with a vastly expanding population, if I had ever had a specific experience that made me think I didn't want to be a vet, etc. there were a few interview teams last year that asked off the wall questions, but they weren't anything you could really prepare for (reading the second amendment and asking you what it was from and what you thought about it, handing you an otter skull and asking you what it was from) and you're not really expected to ace them. You're just expected not to break down and get flustered. My best advice is to put forethought into your image: conservative suit, non goofy haircut, get a nice folder for your transcript. That's the first impression they'll have of you and the one you can influence the most.
Any particular questions that you would recommend asking about, or anything that might be something to consider thinking about before accepting?
For everyone who has yet to interview, just relax. This was the easiest interview I've had so far. Everyone was so nice and really tried to make you feel comfortable and at ease! I know it's easier said than done but try to just breathe and enjoy the day! All you're doing is talking about yourself and your application and who knows about that better than you?
has anyone had a UF interview, and if so, how did it compare to Auburn? I heard that Auburn is kinda aggressive; won't let you finish answers before asking a new one, super specific, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated!
I did both. I felt like my UF interview was much more aggressive than Auburn. Of course it all really depends on who your interviewers are. But that was my personal experiencehas anyone had a UF interview, and if so, how did it compare to Auburn? I heard that Auburn is kinda aggressive; won't let you finish answers before asking a new one, super specific, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Around the 19th-21stFor people who already interviewed: did Auburn say when they expect to send out final decisions?
But I don't know if that's just for the first weekend of interviews.
Around the 19th-21st
But I don't know if that's just for the first weekend of interviews.
The 19th-21st of February?! That would be amazing! I am OOS and last year it was a little slower... I was waitlisted last year, so maybe that's why my news came a little later? There's no rhyme or reason to this madness!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone IS hear anything yet??
My interview is today. Even after reading everyone's comments, I'm still nervous :/
yeah I meant interview invitations for IS