Auburn c/o 2018

Started by galixia17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

@mahi fish... This is also my second application cycle. I was very confident that I would get in last year and only applied to two schools, but ended up on a waitlist for UGA. I was quite torn up about it, but everything does happen for a reason and I am glad for the stuff that I have been able to do and experience since I didn't get in last year. That being said, I sure hope it doesn't happen again 🙂. I've only heard from one school so far (out of 5) and I'm on their (from what I hear, very fruitful) list of alternates. Plus, it's an amazing school that I didn't think I had any chance at being considered. Auburn is a really awesome school... I certainly would like to have the option to go there. I apologize for all of my inane posts, but this is very therapeutic for me. I can't wait for next week!!
 
Okay so I'm chiming in a little late so I apologize If this has been answered already.... When are acceptances expected to go out if I interviewed this past week?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my auburn interview was crazzzy! i interviewed at 9pm Auburn time, 10pm my time! I was my normal happy-go-lucky self, but my interviewers were so tough to make smile/laugh so i hope i did well! i am much more receptive to the ethical questions, so Auburns "how many vets worked here when you shadowed" and "where did dr. so and so go to vet school?" really threw me off! good luck to you all!
 
They asked me those questions too! Huh, that's interesting. Does anyone know how many people Auburn interviews out of the applicant pool? I have a feeling that you *really* have to stand out to get a spot, and that most of us doing the online interviews are at a severe disadvantage as far as that goes...
 
not sure, butttt i creeped on the class of 2017 auburn thread and they went through about half the OOS list. i mean compared to my UF interview i felt like the Auburn questions were terrible if the goal was trying to get to know us, and i was in person, so i wouldn't be too bummed about skype!
 
They asked me those questions too! Huh, that's interesting. Does anyone know how many people Auburn interviews out of the applicant pool? I have a feeling that you *really* have to stand out to get a spot, and that most of us doing the online interviews are at a severe disadvantage as far as that goes...
I heard Ms. Kaye said they interviewed over 300 OOS for 40 spots :-/
 
That's what I heard too... the odds aren't great, but they definitely could be worse. Most schools have so few spots for OOS students.
 
Does anyone know if acceptances are only based on interviews at this point? Or do they consider the rest of our applications as well?
 
Does anyone know if acceptances are only based on interviews at this point? Or do they consider the rest of our applications as well?

I'm not entirely sure, but what Kaye said was that is was "pretty objective from this point" she made it seem like we will basically receive scores for our interviews. I know during my interview they were taking a lot of notes... Scoring me maybe? But to answer your question, I have no idea if the possible scores we get on our interview will be looked at together with the rest of our application, or alone... /:
 
Hm... Weird. I didn't feel like my interviewers were taking any notes at all! Haha it was really just like a conversation... Lots of "we love Auburn" talk 😛 But it was fun. Keeping my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else on here!
 
Hm... Weird. I didn't feel like my interviewers were taking any notes at all! Haha it was really just like a conversation... Lots of "we love Auburn" talk 😛 But it was fun. Keeping my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else on here!

Yeah last year my interview was like that, and I didn't notice them taking any notes at all last year. That's why it was so weird to me that they were really jotting a lot down this time!
 
Yeah last year my interview was like that, and I didn't notice them taking any notes at all last year. That's why it was so weird to me that they were really jotting a lot down this time!

Maybe that's a good thing then! But now that makes me nervous about mine haha. I had mine late wednesday night when they thought the weather was going to be bad on thursday, so I felt like it was even more casual than it normally would have been. Who knows!
 
Maybe that's a good thing then! But now that makes me nervous about mine haha. I had mine late wednesday night when they thought the weather was going to be bad on thursday, so I felt like it was even more casual than it normally would have been. Who knows!

Yeah I'm sure the crazy weather had something to do with the casual feel. I can't believe they stayed so late doing interviews!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine was extremely casual and it wasn't affected by the weather since it was on the 7th. They were scribbling and bubbling stuff in on their papers, though. I'm just glad that they're on schedule 🙂
 
I didn't see the bubbles...or maybe I did but that could have been a total different interview...who knows any more!! All I know is the 18-21st is going to be very nerve wracking!!
 
I know they do still evaluate your whole application after the interview in order to rank applicants. Last year they had a little over 900 OOS applicants, interviewed 350, and initially offered 75 seats. Then they went to about #60 on the wait list. Year before last I think they got to about #180 on the OOS wait list.
 
I know they do still evaluate your whole application after the interview in order to rank applicants. Last year they had a little over 900 OOS applicants, interviewed 350, and initially offered 75 seats. Then they went to about #60 on the wait list. Year before last I think they got to about #180 on the OOS wait list.

Thank you for the information! 🙂
 
Maybe that's a good thing then! But now that makes me nervous about mine haha. I had mine late wednesday night when they thought the weather was going to be bad on thursday, so I felt like it was even more casual than it normally would have been. Who knows!
^me too! that 10pm interview was pretty fun!
 
Yeah, they're going to be busy because of all this weather mess so I'm assuming notification will be on the very late end of the month. Hopefully I won't have to request off work at the last second if I get an interview.
 
Good luck this week everyone!! 🙂
Although I'm not expecting to hear today with all the weather delays they've had
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats guys! You'll love Alabama. It was the perfect cozy temperature today that reminded me why I like living here. Hopefully IS interview invites will follow in the next couple days.
 
Congrats guys!

I'm surprised they started calling people today, especially with the weather delays last week. From what people have posted here, it sounds like they will be sending decisions all week. It's only the beginning 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad