Auburn c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate! Better than flat out rejection!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so the alternate email says we have to complete our required coursework before april 15th...my finals week is the week after. is anyone else seeing an issue with this?

Members don't see this ad :)
How late can they offer alternate positions? Like a week before class begins?

alternate here as well! MEH! but congrats to everyone who got accepted :) such a great accomplishment!

Alternate. I really wish they'd tell rankings

Late. Like a week into classes I think haha. At least other schools can do that.

Alternate as well.....that's 4 wait lists now! Only 2 more shots...not liking my odds right now.

Alternate as well.....that's 4 wait lists now! Only 2 more shots...not liking my odds right now.

Yeah, I'm on two waitlists now including my in-state. I think being on 4 lists though, you have a pretty good chance of getting in somewhere! I just strongly dislike the uncertainty of the waitlists. You really can't plan for anything :\

Congrats to all accepted and to those on waitlist, it definitely did seem to move a lot last year. Not a ton of people jumping excited to move to pretty-rural Alabama I suppose, even if the school and the area are gorgeous. I will admit, I'm extremely anxious about in state notification and interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all accepted and to those on waitlist, it definitely did seem to move a lot last year. Not a ton of people jumping excited to move to pretty-rural Alabama I suppose, even if the school and the area are gorgeous. I will admit, I'm extremely anxious about in state notification and interviews.

Good luck!

i just cannot believe i even got on the waitlist, my interview felt like an interrogation and i thought i failed! congrats everyone! and good luck to the in-staters!!! :) still have to email ms. kaye about wanting classes done by the 15th!

Is there any chance you know the name closest trailer park to the school? Or the best one to live in as a vet student ?

They all have their ups and downs, and they're all very close. I don't like gentily. It made me feel like I was in a trailer park. Avalon is very nice. Gated community with brand new units for rent. I recommend lining up a bunch of tours and not making a decision till you come down

I hear they make it pretty deep into the waiting list some years. I still haven't heard back from the other two schools I applied to yet so fingers crossed!

They go very deep. Up to 75-100 depending on the year. Don't give up just yet

Do you know how many are typically on the waitlist?

I got my email for the alternate too! I wonder if the order we received the email has anything to do with the order of the list.

so the alternate email says we have to complete our required coursework before april 15th...my finals week is the week after. is anyone else seeing an issue with this?

Just call them and ask if that's alright. I had a similar problem (with a different school) since I'm on a quarter system, and most of those types of deadlines are set around semester schedules.

A very large group of people who interviewed are on the wait list. They won't tell you your number because there would be one person answering 200 phone calls from frantic applicants asking for their spot. DO NOT CALL KAYE. That will only annoy her. It's like drugs. Just don't don't it.

Last edited:
i just cannot believe i even got on the waitlist, my interview felt like an interrogation and i thought i failed! congrats everyone! and good luck to the in-staters!!! :) still have to email ms. kaye about wanting classes done by the 15th!
Please let us know her response. I am in the same boat with my nutrition class.

Alternate! Which is way better than I was expecting since I was pretty sure I bombed that interview. :)

Are you IS or OOS au? :3

Hm, I'm useless then sorry. ):

This whole process feels like it's designed to see how fast you'll go crazy.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats, Auburn c/o 2018! Way to go!! :highfive: :clap:

I'm almost wondering if I should call....I don't want to bother them, but it's about killing me waiting...

Maybe you should? It's really strange that you haven't heard anything yet!

Maybe you should? It's really strange that you haven't heard anything yet!

Thanks for the encouragement haha! I just left a VM with the office of academic affairs...here goes nothing :xf:

Don't give up hope on the waitlist, you guys, I'm planning on giving up my seat at Auburn (though I loved the school very much), so someone just as awesome will get the chance to achieve their dreams. I'm still holding out for another school that I was waitlisted at this year. And if you got rejected, don't give up either! I applied to 2 schools last year and was rejected from one and waitlisted at another. I applied to 5 schools this year and have gotten 2 acceptances so far (1 from the school I had been rejected from previously) and waitlisted at my #1 choice (extremely proud about this). I know it's frustrating, but good things can happen if you take a year off, whether that choice was made voluntarily or involuntarily.

Thanks Lacysmom! Auburn is my #1 so I'm REALLY hoping to get off the waitlist. Maybe I can have your spot :) I was waitlisted at LSU and my IS (Va-MD) as well, now I have to make the decision of whether or not I want to put a deposit down at Ross or St. George's while hoping to get off a waitlist...

I feel like I'm the only one waiting to hear a decision after my interview...I finally got ahold of someone at the office today and they said that Ms. Kaye was out of the office until Monday so I should email her. I don't know what to think now since I haven't heard anything and it seems like they have made all of their decisions one way or another!

I want to tell everyone on here to keep their chin up. This is my second year applying and I have 18 rejection letters sitting in my inbox. I totally bombed the GRE ... Three times. It was just below the national average each time... That's right BELOW AVERAGE. I never improved my score, but I made up for it with vet experience, GPA and learned interview skills. If I got in, anyone can get in. It just takes time. Good luck, it will happen.

this week has been so eye-opening for me. the vet i shadowed mentioned that the worst day of my life will not be getting rejected; it will be when i lose those i love. a professor i loved died this past monday, and my best friend's mom had a brain aneurysm and is fighting to live. please, please hug those you love today. tell them you love them. fight for what you want, vet school included. last week i would have cried my eyes out for days if i had gotten rejected from any school, but this week i am just so grateful for the opportunity to apply again. remember what is most important in life <3 and congrats to those who are going to be veterinarians, i am so proud of you all and cannot wait until i stand beside you as a fellow professional :) <3

Reactions: 11 users