-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2018
Started by galixia17
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
At first she told us it would be Tuesday, but I just spoke with a friend who interviewed the day after I did. He said Kaye told them we would know something by Wednesday instead.Wow...that's fast! She told us this week but no specific day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the update! The suspense is killing me. I won't worry about contacting them unless I haven't heard anything later in the week then. 🙂I'm IS too and no one I know that applied heard either, so they're probably waiting on the dean. She said could be till Wednesday but we'll see tomorrow.
At first she told us it would be Tuesday, but I just spoke with a friend who interviewed the day after I did. He said Kaye told them we would know something by Wednesday instead.
What day did you interview? I wasn't until Friday.
I was on Friday too and my mom said Kaye told her Monday or Tuesday
I interviewed on Thursday.What day did you interview? I wasn't until Friday.
I interviewed Thursday as well. When we were talking to Ms Kaye, she said they would call and email those accepted and email everyone else either today or yesterday. She said she was keeping the panels there late Friday so they could make their decisions after Fridays interviews.I interviewed on Thursday.
Thanks! And I'm not sure, my last name starts with a C so maybe! I interviewed that Friday!Congrats! Did it seem like they were going in any sort of order? 🙂
I wonder if they'll do rejections today as well...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This KY person is in agony with the waiting!!
I got waitlisted, and I'm sort of shell-shocked because I don't get why?
Going to have to do some re-evaluating of my plan for the next year I think.
Sorry emacc 🙁 Did you apply anywhere else?
Withdrew from the waitlist at Cornell, rejected Wisconsin and Penn. Maybe one of my letters was bad? That's the only thing I can really think of other than just needing more large animal.
Yeah, my application was severely lacking in experience other than small animal really, so my plan for this next year is to bulk that up if I have to apply again. But hopefully we'll both get off the waitlist! 🙂
Congratulations! Join our Facebook group 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/groups/1438996486336109/Recieved my call!!!!! IS, Accepted!!!
I'm sorry to hear that! But it doesn't mean it's over! Don't give up.I got waitlisted, and I'm sort of shell-shocked because I don't get why?
Going to have to do some re-evaluating of my plan for the next year I think.
arn21586, are you kentucky? if so, what does your last name start with? CONGRATS 🙂 🙂
are there any KY students who have not heard yet? do you think she will still make calls tonight? during my interview she told us we would know by midnight tuesday...but im curious as to if she will make calls that late?
Congrats to all who have made it! I also got my call today.
are there any KY students who have not heard yet? do you think she will still make calls tonight? during my interview she told us we would know by midnight tuesday...but im curious as to if she will make calls that late?
I haven't heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I was wrong. Got a rejection this morning.
If anyone would be willing to just let me know your GPA, GRE, Experiences and what not to see what I need to work on next year that would be great. I also got my rejection letter this morning so any information someone could share would be great. Congrats to everyone that got in.
Probably not what you're looking for stat wise but I waitlisted in-state.
3.9 gpa, 163 verbal 161 quant 5.0 writing. 1200 hours private small animal practice (half kennel half assistant), 400 hours wildlife rehab (listed as animal), 80 hours on app (and full time since which was discussed in interview) emergency and specialty all as an assistant. 500 hours biomedical research (non veterinary) at Emory. Plus a half dozen or so extracurriculars with student gov, committees etc. Letters were academic advisor, research primary, and the private practice vet. Personal statement was weak I think.
3.9 gpa, 163 verbal 161 quant 5.0 writing. 1200 hours private small animal practice (half kennel half assistant), 400 hours wildlife rehab (listed as animal), 80 hours on app (and full time since which was discussed in interview) emergency and specialty all as an assistant. 500 hours biomedical research (non veterinary) at Emory. Plus a half dozen or so extracurriculars with student gov, committees etc. Letters were academic advisor, research primary, and the private practice vet. Personal statement was weak I think.
Probably not what you're looking for stat wise but I waitlisted in-state.
3.9 gpa, 163 verbal 161 quant 5.0 writing. 1200 hours private small animal practice (half kennel half assistant), 400 hours wildlife rehab (listed as animal), 80 hours on app (and full time since which was discussed in interview) emergency and specialty all as an assistant. 500 hours biomedical research (non veterinary) at Emory. Plus a half dozen or so extracurriculars with student gov, committees etc. Letters were academic advisor, research primary, and the private practice vet. Personal statement was weak I think.
Wow.... I would've accepted you! 🙂 Lol. don't give up though, this is my second year being waitlisted (OOS) It's so hard to not take it personally and ask "why not me??" But don't give up! Fingers crossed that you (and I both) end up getting called off the waitlist!
Probably not what you're looking for stat wise but I waitlisted in-state.
3.9 gpa, 163 verbal 161 quant 5.0 writing. 1200 hours private small animal practice (half kennel half assistant), 400 hours wildlife rehab (listed as animal), 80 hours on app (and full time since which was discussed in interview) emergency and specialty all as an assistant. 500 hours biomedical research (non veterinary) at Emory. Plus a half dozen or so extracurriculars with student gov, committees etc. Letters were academic advisor, research primary, and the private practice vet. Personal statement was weak I think.
How was your organic and physics if you don't mind me asking?
Finally received my acceptance letter in the mail today! Yayy it's official. I'm totally framing it haha 😀
Yes I did. But then it said Class of 2018 at the bottom. Guess it was a small mistake. Should we tell Ms. Kaye? lolAnyone else get an acceptance letter today that said for the class of 2017????
I'm going to call her tomorrow, 3 year program sounds amazing! Id change my plan and go to Auburn in a heartbeat if that were the case lolYes I did. But then it said Class of 2018 at the bottom. Guess it was a small mistake. Should we tell Ms. Kaye? lol
I wish! Haha. Let me know what she says.I'm going to call her tomorrow, 3 year program sounds amazing! Id change my plan and go to Auburn in a heartbeat if that were the case lol
🙂 will do!!I wish! Haha. Let me know what she says.
I agree! I hope they send us a new one. I kinda want to frame it and it would be nice if it didn't have the typo lol. If not, oh well. I will still be Class of 2018 and I'm so excited! 🙂Mine said that too. Auburn is my number one choice. Id like to keep the acceptance letter for keepsakes so it's annoying there is a typo.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to the Class of 2018! If any new students are looking for housing I have a house for sale across from the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine on Wire Rd. It is a great location considering the parking shortage at the vet school and main campus! It's definitely a plus during your clinical year to be close to school. PM me if interested. I found that it was cheaper for me to pay the mortgage, utilities and home owners fee than to rent. It is also safer than living in a trailer park, especially during tornado season. Congrats again, y'all!
Have you heard any new updates?Yeah I think Kay said yesterday they sent around 70 for OOS, but that she'd already gotten about 11 declined.
Well, they just sent out emails to confirm people on the waiting list...Have you heard any new updates?
