Auburn c/o 2018

Started by galixia17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this week has been so eye-opening for me. the vet i shadowed mentioned that the worst day of my life will not be getting rejected; it will be when i lose those i love. a professor i loved died this past monday, and my best friend's mom had a brain aneurysm and is fighting to live. please, please hug those you love today. tell them you love them. fight for what you want, vet school included. last week i would have cried my eyes out for days if i had gotten rejected from any school, but this week i am just so grateful for the opportunity to apply again. remember what is most important in life <3 and congrats to those who are going to be veterinarians, i am so proud of you all and cannot wait until i stand beside you as a fellow professional 🙂 <3
Very well said, and very true! I myself have had similar obstacles to overcome and as a result, going into this time of the year I felt the same way. I wasn't giving up hope, but at the same time I wasn't going to be disappointed if life chose to lead me in a different direction. Thankfully, I do not have to pursue that route as I was lucky enough to be accepted.
To all the others, Don't give up, and keep your head up!!! If you made it through the application cycle, or even to the wait-list, you belong here with the rest of us! - And I will also probably be declining my Auburn acceptance offer, I'm yet to hear from my in state-school, and probably won't hear until March 11-15th, but If I am lucky enough to get an in-state spot, then cost wise, I would have to refuse this offer, and, of course, hopefully one of you will get my spot 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current students out there that could give me an idea of what a typical day/week is like as an Auburn veterinary student?? Please and thank you!
 
Any current students out there that could give me an idea of what a typical day/week is like as an Auburn veterinary student?? Please and thank you!

Class from 8:00 to 5:00 most days. Sometimes you get out a few hours early. The pace is intense, but you'll be amazed at how much and how fast you learn. Besides labs, you're in the same classroom all day. Feel free to pm with any more questions.
 
I know they won't tell the waitlisted people what exact spot they are, but do you think that they would at least give us a hint as to whether we should be hopeful or whether we should just accept a different offer? Like tell us if we are closer towards the top/middle or at the very bottom?
 
so the alternate email says we have to complete our required coursework before april 15th...my finals week is the week after. is anyone else seeing an issue with this?

I emailed Kaye about this today and she said the April 15 is the deadline to say you want to be considered as an alternate, and JUNE 15th is the day you need to have classes completed by. Hopefully this will help you all! I think it must've just been a typo in the email. I'm not sure if any school gets out before April 15th so that would have caused a lot of problems I'm sure 🙂

Good luck to all my fellow waitlisters!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I just started a facebook group for Auburn class of 2018. It's an open group. Hopefully we can get help finding housing and just all around general advice.
 
Hey! do you mind sharing what the first letter of your last name is? I am so nervous because I did not receive anything today! I am hoping that maybe they send invites out in alphabetical order or something. Thanks 🙂

My last name is Smith.
 
I'm getting really nervous that this means of you haven't gotten in intonation there is a rejection on the way


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do have one of the strictest, or at least they did last I checked, it's basically nice business casual though.
 
Definitely feeling like I should just give up on auburn by now..
No don't! I had my OOS interview a few weeks ago but I literally had a week's notice to schedule my interview and make travel plans. Eek! Kaye said something is up with the software program that they are using and recent Auburn vet grads that I work with said that they didn't find out til almost March whether or not they got an interview too.
 
Sorry I've been MIA on this thread for a while. Closest trailer park is Stonegate, where I live. It's behind the apartment complex Crossland Downs. I love living here. Landlord's great and it's so ridiculously close.

As for my take on a typical day in the life: always at school at 8, sometimes out earlier than 5 but not recently with all the makeups of the snow days and such. For the most part we stay in the classroom and the professors come in and out to lecture. We have about an average of 2 exams a week (second semester first year, it was fewer last semester and will be more in second year). After school, I come home, grab a snack, and study for a while. I study a lot with a friend or two, much more than in undergrad. Helpful tip: Try to study with as many different people as you can the first few weeks before settling on a friend or two that fits your style. If you like someone but can't study with them, there's no shame in just being their friend and politely excusing yourself from when they want to study. I was lucky and found someone who I study well with in the very first week and we're just like dynamite together. But some of our other friends prefer to study by themselves or with other people. Totally cool. Very personal decision.

Anyway, that day in the life topic totally got derailed...sorry for going off topic but hopefully it's helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when they typically start informing those on the waitlist? I'm trying to plan for next year and I don't know if I should wait to apply to grad schools until after April 15th or if they start letting you know for sure before that. Any info would be great.
 
Does anyone know when they typically start informing those on the waitlist? I'm trying to plan for next year and I don't know if I should wait to apply to grad schools until after April 15th or if they start letting you know for sure before that. Any info would be great.

Typically it is soon after april 15th 🙂
 
Kaye called me today to set up an interview. I think their email system has been a little hokey! It's next Friday at 5:30 pm. Good luck to everyone!