Auburn C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleanor713

Reaction score
Hi! I’m a 2nd time applicant but first time to auburn (OOS)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been working on my VMCAS application for the 2023-2024 cycle and will apply to Auburn's CVM for this upcoming deadline of September 15th. I met with my pre-health advisor a few days ago to review my personal statement and get final advice on finishing everything up when they noticed I did not have any large animal experience listed. They informed me that they were pretty sure this cycle required both small and large animal experience.
I have over 5000 hours of small animal/exotic/wildlife/avian experience but zero farm/equine experience. I know that they want diverse candidates and that large animal experience will be helpful during rotations, so I have volunteer hours with a large animal veterinarian lined up for when the semester begins. Still, I had planned on submitting my application before classes started on the 16th so that I could focus on my studies.
Does anyone know if large animal experience is required for this application cycle for Auburn, and if so, what would the minimum hours I need to have documented before I submit my application? I have looked on VMSAR and Auburn's CVM website about prospective students and requirements and cannot find anything definitive.
Any advice would be super helpful; I feel silly for not realizing this sooner.
Send a short email asking to clarify the requirement. Be professional, which means short and succinct.

Members don't see this ad :)
1st time OOS - good luck everyone!

Third time OOS! First time applying to Auburn! Good luck to everyone!

First time OOS! Good luck and congratulations to everyone who submitted their applications!

Decisions , but it’s probably way too early but some vet schools have already sent out some so I guess it depends

Decisions , but it’s probably way too early but some vet schools have already sent out some so I guess it depends
Most schools don’t even look at applications until after the deadline. Normally you hear back between December and February, sometimes March. Only the schools that do rolling admissions or have a spring entrance release decisions early

First time applicant in state (does my name give it away lol)

• Haha
Second time over all applicant, first time Auburn, OOS. I got an email this morning saying they have processed my application and verified everything. So now we just have to wait and see if we get interview invites in mid December.

Members don't see this ad :)
1st time IS applicant. For those who have applied before do you know what the average science GPA and overall GPA was for admitted students?

1st time IS applicant. For those who have applied before do you know what the average science GPA and overall GPA was for admitted students?
From the AAVMC website it shows that the averages are 3.7 for both

Last year interviews were sent out Dec 14. Hopefully we see an update by then!

Reactions: 1 users
2nd time OOS applicant - last year was granted an interview but ultimately denied.

Just got the email OOS denied for interview :(

Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
OOS rejection :/ excited for those of y’all moving on!

Anyone know how many they usually have apply/interview?
Here are the numbers from a presentation in September:

Class of 2027 had
  • 1221 applications for 130 seats
  • 912- At Large ~300 interviewed - 51 seats
  • 173 -Alabama 90 interviewed -41 seats
  • 134 - Kentucky 90 interviewed - 38 seats

OOS rejection 😭 but huge congrats to those who got one! That is awesome 😎

Yes does anyone know what these different committee means at all? Is it based on IS, OOS, Kentucky residents and etc??

OOS rejection. Congrats those who got interview! Good luck 👍

Does anyone know if we need to send in our Fall 2023 transcripts now if we have been invited for an interview?

Yes does anyone know what these different committee means at all? Is it based on IS, OOS, Kentucky residents and etc??
I am almost 95% positive its based on location but I could be wrong. Me and all of my classmates got one committee and we are all IS

• Care
I am almost 95% positive its based on location but I could be wrong. Me and all of my classmates got one committee and we are all IS
The few KY residents that I know got interviews with me are all in the same committee as well!

Hello y'all! I'm a new member. I'm a first time KY resident applicant and I got an interview! I hope to see some of you in the fall!

Very happy to be posting here today but a little confused. I received an interview invite just now via email! Im confused because I received a flat out rejection letter in December when interview invites were sent out. Has anyone else heard of this? Was I waitlisted without my knowledge?

Very happy to be posting here today but a little confused. I received an interview invite just now via email! Im confused because I received a flat out rejection letter in December when interview invites were sent out. Has anyone else heard of this? Was I waitlisted without my knowledge?
I would send them an email to ask! Normally they are pretty quick when I email with questions

Got the same email today OOS, glad to know im not the only one!

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly the same case for me! I’m very surprised.