-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
AVC/UPEI c/o 2024
Started by doctor-who
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I havent heard anything yethas anyone heard back yet in regards to scheduling for their interview?
I haven't applied to AVC but i am waiting on a canadian school interview. has anybody here who applied to AVC as a provincial resident also applied internationally? did you have to accept an international offer prior to finding out whether you got an interview at AVC domestically? my provincial school doesn't send out invites until after the international acceptance deadline
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't applied to AVC but i am waiting on a canadian school interview. has anybody here who applied to AVC as a provincial resident also applied internationally? did you have to accept an international offer prior to finding out whether you got an interview at AVC domestically? my provincial school doesn't send out invites until after the international acceptance deadline
if I’m understanding your question correctly, international always finds out first at AVC. They interview in nov/dec and find out in Jan/feb ish, the date to confirm your acceptance for international is usually around April 15 for most schools. At AVC we don’t find out about domestic interviews until March and interview in May and then get our offer/rejection in June and have to accept our offer by July in order to confirm our spot. Hope this helps!
I apologize for the lack of clarity. I meant to ask if any domestic applicants to AVC had also applied overseas and were forced to make a decision about international schools prior to hearing from AVCif I’m understanding your question correctly, international always finds out first at AVC. They interview in nov/dec and find out in Jan/feb ish, the date to confirm your acceptance for international is usually around April 15 for most schools. At AVC we don’t find out about domestic interviews until March and interview in May and then get our offer/rejection in June and have to accept our offer by July in order to confirm our spot. Hope this helps!
I apologize for the lack of clarity. I meant to ask if any domestic applicants to AVC had also applied overseas and were forced to make a decision about international schools prior to hearing from AVC
Oh sorry !! Yes I have. I applied to Ross University last year and got accepted in January and then had to decide by April 15. I declined because I had an interview with AVC (which I found out about in March, before the April 15th deadline) and then ended up on the waitlist. You can confirm your spot with the deposit internationally and then do your interview for your domestic school and if you get in can tell the other school you got accepted to your #1 choice, but in that case you lose your deposit for the seat however much it was at that particular school. Just gives you a second choice incase you don’t get an interview for your domestic school if you are nervous about that!
Last edited:
I've been accepted to Ross and RVC. I plan on accepting my seat to RVC because as much as I would like to attend AVC for cheaper tuition I don't think I'll get accepted, I know for RVC you don't have to pay the seat deposit until end of May or early June, from the offer holder day videos they gave us this morning makes it sound like they are flexible on that a bit. But you must pay it to get your visa stuff going though. So I'm hoping AVC lets us know early June lol
Congrats on RVC! London would be such a nice experience to go to school there !! That’s awesome that they let you go a bit later than the other US schools to decide!
I got my interview schedule today! What’s everyone else’s date? I’m may 12th, which is earlier than I expected but I’m happy to get it over with sooner than later
Ohhh I haven't heard yet, hopefully tomorrow!
Ohhh I haven't heard yet, hopefully tomorrow!
Im assuming they are doing alphabetical by last name maybe? My last name starts with C so maybe they are doing it over the next couple days a chunk at a time!
Im assuming they are doing alphabetical by last name maybe? My last name starts with C so maybe they are doing it over the next couple days a chunk at a time!
Or maybe by province ? Who knows. I’m sure you will hear back soon !!
congrats, 4 or 5 year? I'll see you next year if you're acceleratedI've been accepted to Ross and RVC. I plan on accepting my seat to RVC because as much as I would like to attend AVC for cheaper tuition I don't think I'll get accepted, I know for RVC you don't have to pay the seat deposit until end of May or early June, from the offer holder day videos they gave us this morning makes it sound like they are flexible on that a bit. But you must pay it to get your visa stuff going though. So I'm hoping AVC lets us know early June lol
Yep the accelerated!! Hopefully I can get a loan though - banks don't like giving one without a co-signercongrats, 4 or 5 year? I'll see you next year if you're accelerated
I got my interview schedule today! What’s everyone else’s date? I’m may 12th, which is earlier than I expected but I’m happy to get it over with sooner than later
Hi there!
I’m applying from Nova Scotia and my interview date is May 22. My last name is M though, so maybe it’s alphabetical order... I wonder, since interviews are later this year, how long it will take to get an offer/rejection.
I'm the 27th of May!! I was thinking the same thing too about us finding out but hopefully by that time they'll have everyone's grades in and they'll just need to put our interview and quiz scores into the system.Hi there!
I’m applying from Nova Scotia and my interview date is May 22. My last name is M though, so maybe it’s alphabetical order... I wonder, since interviews are later this year, how long it will take to get an offer/rejection.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I’m a New Brunswick applicant and have not yet received my interview date. I was wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear back?
I'm the 27th of May!! I was thinking the same thing too about us finding out but hopefully by that time they'll have everyone's grades in and they'll just need to put our interview and quiz scores into the system.
before the whole covid-19 thing came about I know the date for Atlantic Canadian students to confirm their seat was July 1, 2020. Not sure if that will change due to the interviews being a couple weeks later than they intended but I’m sure they will have an idea of when we will find out if you ask them during your interview ☺️
Hi! I’m a New Brunswick applicant and have not yet received my interview date. I was wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear back?
Hi I’m also from NB. Everyone I know who got an interview has already heard back about their date. Did you confirm you interview before the April 1st deadline?
Thank you for you response! Yes I confirmed my interview spot and was told AVC would contact me for scheduling. I’m concerned somehow I was forgotten about or the email never made it to my inbox, but I don’t want to panic if they just haven’t finish the rest of the schedulingHi I’m also from NB. Everyone I know who got an interview has already heard back about their date. Did you confirm you interview before the April 1st deadline?
Thank you for you response! Yes I confirmed my interview spot and was told AVC would contact me for scheduling. I’m concerned somehow I was forgotten about or the email never made it to my inbox, but I don’t want to panic if they just haven’t finish the rest of the scheduling
I would just give it another day or two before you worry. If you don’t hear back from them in a few days maybe send Sharon an email or something.
Did you email them to decline your spot?Declined my international spot
Yes I emailed Sharon.Did you email them to decline your spot?
Got my interview schedule! It was accidentally sent to the wrong email at first but I’m May 13!
I'm an international student starting in Aug! wondering if the local applicants are doing their interviews online now?
Yep! We are doing them through zoom between the middle and end of May!
Hi, would you be willing to share some of the questions you were asked in the interview? Thanks in advance!I'm an international student starting in Aug! wondering if the local applicants are doing their interviews online now?
D
deleted1030145
I received an e-mail today with the opportunity to complete the W-SAB test within the next week! I hope everyone is doing well right now and staying safe. Congrats to all the international applicants on their acceptance and good luck to all of the Atlantic applicants!
Good luck everyone!!!!
Did you receive an e-mail about your WSA test as well?I just got my interview link, and it said we will find out about admissions decisions by mid June ! So for anyone wondering that’s a bit of info
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep! I’ve already completed itDid you receive an e-mail about your WSA test as well?
My e-mail address got mixed up again! I keep going by this thread to make sure I’m getting everythingYep! I’ve already completed it
D
deleted1030145
Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear that! I'll make sure to be more prompt on my own updates to make sure you're getting everything! 🙂My e-mail address got mixed up again! I keep going by this thread to make sure I’m getting everything
Thank you so much!Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear that! I'll make sure to be more prompt on my own updates to make sure you're getting everything! 🙂
My interview is May 20th! First time interviewing so I’m nervous. Any more pointers/possible questions we should be prepared for??
Focus on being confident. If they see that you are nervous you won't score well no matter what you say. that's my advice.
My interview is May 20th! First time interviewing so I’m nervous. Any more pointers/possible questions we should be prepared for??
My interview is May 20th! First time interviewing so I’m nervous. Any more pointers/possible questions we should be prepared for??
Honestly, from what I heard most people got asked questions related to their experience last year but I got very random, broad questions related to the career as a whole so questions seem to vary greatly. I'd say just be yourself and answer honestly. And don't be afraid to contact your student ambassador and ask questions!
It went well! The interviewers were really nice! I just clicked on the meeting link 5 minutes before it was scheduled and the interviewers joined the meeting right at the scheduled time@ricky246 @kodabear2000 how was the interview process? Mine is tomorrow and I'm so nervous about having to do it through zoom.
@ricky246 @kodabear2000 how was the interview process? Mine is tomorrow and I'm so nervous about having to do it through zoom.
It went great! I actually had one of the same interviewers I had last year, so was nice to see a familiar face. No technological issues and it was relaxed and casual! I did the same thing as @kodabear2000 and logged in about 4 minutes early and one of my interviews joined at the same time so we chatted until the other one joined at the scheduled time.
I'm the 27th and my friend is the 28th. I'd say the 29th would be the last day
How did your interview go? 🙂@ricky246 @kodabear2000 how was the interview process? Mine is tomorrow and I'm so nervous about having to do it through zoom.
How did your interview go? 🙂
Not going to lie I'm pretty disappointed with how it went. I got very general questions once again, nothing related to my experience whatsoever, and felt like the interviewers were super unimpressed with my answers. But the process was nice and easy, I logged in 10 mins before my time as it was my first time using zoom. They logged in 2-3 minutes after my scheduled time I believe. No technical issues. 🙂
D
deleted1030145
Hey guys! Did anyone ask the interviewers about the COVID-19 situation? What their plan is moving forward? 🙂 If not it's ok!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! Did anyone ask the interviewers about the COVID-19 situation? What their plan is moving forward? 🙂 If not it's ok!
yep I did! They said they aren’t sure yet. They are gonna wait till it’s closer and see where things are then. They said it could be all virtual or all in person just depending. But UPEI sent out and email today saying that the current plan for nursing, engineering and veterinary medicine is for it to be mostly in person in fall!
D
deleted1030145
Great to hear! Thanks for asking that question @ricky246 🙂
Not going to lie I'm pretty disappointed with how it went. I got very general questions once again, nothing related to my experience whatsoever, and felt like the interviewers were super unimpressed with my answers. But the process was nice and easy, I logged in 10 mins before my time as it was my first time using zoom. They logged in 2-3 minutes after my scheduled time I believe. No technical issues. 🙂
Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that you don’t think it went well! But it probably went better than you think it did, we’re often more self critical than others are of us 🙂 Glad there were no technical issues though!
Did my WSAB today, super happy to have that over with! The small things bring me joy! Can't wait for my interview 🙂
Had my interview this week! It wasn’t too bad, would have preferred in person but given the circumstances it was very smooth! And it was definitely a relaxed and relatively enjoyable experience. 😛
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 162
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 144
- Views
- 18K