Quantcast

AZCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christine121

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Actually what I meant is that no one is told they are on the "waitlist" at this point. That applies to interviews only. We have all been put on what they call the "alternate list". The explanation that I gave came from someone last year and I thought it was a pretty clear way to explain it.

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I understand, but really, this is just semantics. There is essentially only 1 list, and it's just like any other waitlist at other schools for the most part.

I just want to remind people though that every school is fully prepared to have everyone who has an acceptance to take it. It's just like a hotel who overbooks a little; they better be ready to accommodate everyone. This almost never happens though, so there's still hope in the coming months.

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ya you're right but they asked the difference.

I do understand your explanation but it's more like people want to read more into something than it is. The "list" is the same, regardless of the name, and it was confusing back in January when there were lots of pre-interview holds but now, I'm certain there is only one list left and there's nothing fancy about it.

Sadly, it is what it is and for most people, they'll just have to wait. I suggested a bunch of things to do, but in reality, anything could happen. I'm certain plenty of people who don't do anything after getting the notice will get accepted to schools off the waitlist, while others who sent LoIs, called twice a week, etc. will hear nothing. It's all part of the excessively secretive game.

It's far from 'over', but I would just plan for the worst and thus, use this summer accordingly. If it works out, please let us know too, for the next cycle that will hopefully use this thread for info.

Runner69

Reaction score
I'm debating on whether I should invest in a bicycle or not. I'll be living on campus. Are there stores close to campus? Do students usually ride their bikes or is it just way too hot?

Any input would help!

Thanks
hah i thought i might be the only one with such a concern. i'm thinking i want to bring a bike to ride back and forth from school and home. i got an apartment in san lagos, so i think you could just walk it too. i have a road bike, but its not terribly comfortable, so i might get a more simple urban riding bike.

what'd you decide?

fratelli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those guys asking about bikes:

I live on campus and I have no car. My roommate lets me tag along when she goes grocery shopping, so that's when I do the bulk of my shopping. If I just need a couple things, I'll hop on my bike and ride over. There are two grocery stores a half mile away (they're literally across the street from one another). There are 3 coffee places within a half mile, and I've also found a pleasant, residential route to Paradise Bakery (free refills on coffee!)

Not having a car can be really inconvenient at times, especially because I rely on friends for rides, but if you want to save money, it's definitely a good option.

IowaGal09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...i have a problem and could really use some advice, free of judgement or unnecessary comments..just your honest opinions :) currently, i am a first year pharmacy student. pretty sweet career choice for someone who enjoys that aspect of health care..but its not for me. I have recently spoken to my pharm advisor about taking a year off and exploring other options...which translates into...i HATE pharmacy school and am going to try and do everything in my power to complete my undergrad degree (which i have currently only completed about 85 s.h. towards) so i can try to do what i really want to do..med school. i came to midwestern-glendale when i interviewed there for pharmacy school, completely fell in love with the school, but delined admission (a lil too expensive at the time). now i have realized that it is exactly where i want to be..just a different program. so i need some honesty here..and doesn't need to be moved to the what are my chances thread..i just need to know a little bit about what makes a good candidate..possibly if some of you who have already been accepted could let me know your gpa..major...what mcat score you guys had that got you in...and possibly some good ways to explain to the admissions committee that i am not a confused student who has no idea what they really want to do and can't finish things that they start..but rather a student who finally realized where they want to be..thanks for any advice you guys can give me :) sorry for the novel... ha

One800Packaging

Reaction score
I interviewed on the 19th and was waitlisted. Did anyone who interviewed on the 19th get in??? Also, some people said they got a phone call to tell them they got wait listed...did everyone get a phone call that was waitlisted? I didn't get a phone call, does that mean I'm not special?!?!?

7wonders

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed on the 19th and was waitlisted. Did anyone who interviewed on the 19th get in??? Also, some people said they got a phone call to tell them they got wait listed...did everyone get a phone call that was waitlisted? I didn't get a phone call, does that mean I'm not special?!?!?

I interviewed on April 16th and am also waitlisted. I called the admissions office to get my status. I don't see that anyone's been accepted since the 13th so maybe they'll send out a few more acceptances after the final interviews in May. Welcome to the waiting game! We should start a club;)

One800Packaging

Reaction score
I interviewed on April 16th and am also waitlisted. I called the admissions office to get my status. I don't see that anyone's been accepted since the 13th so maybe they'll send out a few more acceptances after the final interviews in May. Welcome to the waiting game! We should start a club;)

Yeah that's what it looked like to me. I'd like to hear if anyone got in post-April 13th.

maxxman77

Rocket Scientist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing. I checked the facebook page for the class of 2014 and only a few people have been added since the 13th. I know its not much but it is enough to keep me optimistic about our chances.

One800Packaging

Reaction score
Does anyone else really buy that they have an "unranked" list? I mean does the admissions committee really meet every time a student withdraws and goes over the entire list application by application? It doesn't make any sense, logistically, considering they claim some years that they have taken up to 80 students off the list. I think makes more sense that the list IS "ranked" but they tell us it isn't to avoid phone calls everyday of people trying to either move up it or to find out how much closer they are to getting in as they pull people off. Also, from an insurance stand point, if people knew they were ranked 50th or below they might make other committments and therefore be unavailable if the committee needs to reach that deep.

Also, I'm getting the impression they may have started only interviewing for wait list spots post-April 13th.

Sorry for the novel, but I haven't seen anyone else call BS on this "unranked list". I am well aware that either way I am going just have to sit and wait like everyone else and will be awarded no extra assurances or comforts in the meantime except for maybe some Scotch, which can sometimes be to early to drink, but never too early to start thinking about.... - Dr. Cox

watergirl1202

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been officially pulled off the waitlist and got admitted for the upcoming year? If so, do you mind sharing if you did anything or what are your stats? Sorry, I don't mean to be nosy but I just really really want to do anything to increase my chances to be admitted here. Please, any suggestions would help. Thank you =)

christine121

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bet they won't pull anyone off until after the last interviews. When I interviewed on April 12th they said it was only 80% full but it seems like barely anyone got in. They probably just want to hold out until they've seen everyone since it's so close to the end. I would really like to know how full the school is now and how many are on the waitlist...does anyone know?? (When I was put on like 10 days ago there were ~140 on the waitlist but it seems like they've added lots since then).

PersiannDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what they told me, their class is full at this point and they're interviewing for watilisted positions...

i really hope everyone that really wants it, gets off the waitlist.... =\

i wonder how many are on the wait list this year...

Xiphoid2014

Reaction score
I'd probably guess that they might start pulling people off the waitlist sometime after school ends, so around late May and on into June and July. And Like Flushot said, it will go on until probably the first day of school.

Xiphoid2014

Reaction score
The worst thing you can do right now is to sit around, panic and do nothing. The best thing you can do is plan for the worst and begin plans for this coming June so you can get your applications in ASAP! If it happens that you get pulled off the waitlist, then Great! If it doesn't happen this year then take an active role in boosting your resume so there wouldn't be any doubt next time. It happened to me last year, but I got more volunteer hours in the OR, ER and private practice, I got a ton more research experience, I improved my MCAT by a ton (AZCOM considers anyone that is within 1 standard deviation of a 26 on the MCAT, meaning they don't like to go lower than a 24). So that being said, while your waiting, make the most of it and improve your chances for next year. Not getting in your first time is a lot more common than you might think.

One800Packaging

Reaction score
The worst thing you can do right now is to sit around, panic and do nothing. The best thing you can do is plan for the worst and begin plans for this coming June so you can get your applications in ASAP! If it happens that you get pulled off the waitlist, then Great! If it doesn't happen this year then take an active role in boosting your resume so there wouldn't be any doubt next time. It happened to me last year, but I got more volunteer hours in the OR, ER and private practice, I got a ton more research experience, I improved my MCAT by a ton (AZCOM considers anyone that is within 1 standard deviation of a 26 on the MCAT, meaning they don't like to go lower than a 24). So that being said, while your waiting, make the most of it and improve your chances for next year. Not getting in your first time is a lot more common than you might think.

..........and to think I was planning on running around screaming with my hands in the air for the next few months..........

faman17

Reaction score
To iowagal, I got in this year with a 3.35 from a UC school. 29Q mcat 10/10/9. And I majored in molecular biology. I think the first step is to find out how to meet the minimum entrance requirements, aka take mcat, have bachelors degree, and complete preqs (basic sciences and such its on the website). Then I'd figure out the shortest way to get yourself there! Any more specific questions?

One800Packaging

Reaction score
Even though I KNOW I will not hear anything until June 1st, I am still checking the online portal every couple of days, I don't know what I expect to see, but somehow I don't think I'm the only one :)

maxxman77

Rocket Scientist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Even though I KNOW I will not hear anything until June 1st, I am still checking the online portal every couple of days, I don't know what I expect to see, but somehow I don't think I'm the only one :)

Damn I thought I was the only one compulsively checking their status page. :eek:

christine121

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing it too. It's gotta be normal lol :rolleyes: And, I'm fully aware that I'm not accepted, not putting my life on hold, not making plans to move to Arizona, etc.......

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...i have a problem and could really use some advice, free of judgement or unnecessary comments..just your honest opinions :) currently, i am a first year pharmacy student. pretty sweet career choice for someone who enjoys that aspect of health care..but its not for me. I have recently spoken to my pharm advisor about taking a year off and exploring other options...which translates into...i HATE pharmacy school and am going to try and do everything in my power to complete my undergrad degree (which i have currently only completed about 85 s.h. towards) so i can try to do what i really want to do..med school. i came to midwestern-glendale when i interviewed there for pharmacy school, completely fell in love with the school, but delined admission (a lil too expensive at the time). now i have realized that it is exactly where i want to be..just a different program. so i need some honesty here..and doesn't need to be moved to the what are my chances thread..i just need to know a little bit about what makes a good candidate..possibly if some of you who have already been accepted could let me know your gpa..major...what mcat score you guys had that got you in...and possibly some good ways to explain to the admissions committee that i am not a confused student who has no idea what they really want to do and can't finish things that they start..but rather a student who finally realized where they want to be..thanks for any advice you guys can give me :) sorry for the novel... ha

I think the issue with your situation is not the numbers; it's the fact that you committed yourself to a profession and now wish to back out. Majority of the applicants are premed from start to finish (some former predents, etc.) and even less people were ever halfway through training for another medical profession and decided to switch gears.

From mere status, you put yourself at a major disadvantage. Consider what you are doing and if you want to take the risk. My only other advice would be to finish the degree and apply med, but that would be costly in time and money. However, you would not have this red flag on your app that you will have if you leave your program.

There is a status page? ls there a link? I don't want to keep calling and annoy them. Thanks =)

There is no specific page listing your status (waitlisted, rejected, etc). You have only the online.midwestern.edu site with tabs noting whether or not you are accepted.

Ozzie913

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just withdrew my acceptance to AZCOM today, as another school was a better fit for me. Best of luck to all those waiting!

One800Packaging

Reaction score
Does any know based off previous threads if the start pulling people off before June 1st, that's what they said and I don't doubt that is true, but a couple of posts got me wondering if they don't just start pulling off names after the last interview in May?

I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best... So I do plan on applying ASAP in June/July, but I am hopeful that I don't even have to worry about it :)

7wonders

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a look at the 08-09 thread but I didn't read the whole thing. It looks like we should just sit tight and try to enjoy the summer till June. Plus, what a great surprise if you get a call in May!:)

I know a lot of people are probably preparing for the next app cycle too (just in case). AACOMAS is importing all your info from the previous cycle but you do have to send new copies of transcripts.

Best of luck to all and please let us know if you're an alternate and get "The Call":luck:

One800Packaging

Reaction score
I took a look at the 08-09 thread but I didn't read the whole thing. It looks like we should just sit tight and try to enjoy the summer till June. Plus, what a great surprise if you get a call in May!:)

I know a lot of people are probably preparing for the next app cycle too (just in case). AACOMAS is importing all your info from the previous cycle but you do have to send new copies of transcripts.

Best of luck to all and please let us know if you're an alternate and get "The Call":luck:

For those interested, I had some time to kill at work and actually read every post last year from the end of April through July. A lot people have very similar questions and the answers are out there, but they are just scattered. I am hoping to put the answers to the most common questions I and others have here in this one post.

It looked like no one heard didily until June 1st. Someone actually didn't hear anything until end of July. So IT DOES look like we will have to sit tight. I already live in Arizona and believe me there is no "enjoying" the summer here ;).

I looked at a lot of MD threads from last year and on a couple of them people kept a tally. For most MD med schools with a class size of 110-150 it looks like they went 40-60 deep for their wait lists. A lot of them had 4 spots open on the first day of classes, so we should all be prepared!!

I went to AZCOM class of 2014 facebook page, there were actually two, one had 177 members and the other had 37. That would put the total at 214 already accepted for about 250 seats, leaving 36 openings. A couple notes on this though:

-I imagine a lot of the 37 from the other page were also members of the main "177 member page", that being said I would put the real number of AZCOM 2014 facebook members at about 200, leaving 50 spots open (I'm considering member duplicates and people that don't even have a facebook account for this estimate).

-The sentiment I got from last year's post is that a decent number of the AZCOM facebook members received acceptances but still hadn't decided, and some actually withdrew but forgot to leave the facebook group.

That all being said, from last year's posts, this year's posts, and the facebook information I would gather a conservative estimate on the # of spots to be filled by the wait list would be 50. I personally feel it is more like 60-80 at least.

As far as how many people are on "the list"? It seems from last year's posts people were hearing numbers from 100-160. It's anyone's guess as we are hearing the same thing this year. I could easily see there being 160 as I could liberally estimate 100 spots opening up (mind you that is a very fluffy and liberal guess but still reasonable based on the numbers I am seeing).

What does this all mean? Most likely half of the list will get pulled off, and at the very most 2/3's and at the very least 1/3. The list isn't officially ranked, but from what I read it appears they do rank it, whether it be numbers or tiers, but because the Dean has final say and may choose student X at position 12 as opposed to student Y at position 4, they don't want student y getting all butt hurt, calling and making a stink.

So while we're waiting.........? The two most popular recommendations this year and last have been to get your application ready and apply early for next cycle just in case. Also it would not hurt to start applying for financial aid as it can take a while and you don't want to SOL or FUBAR if you find out beginning of July that you're in and you have to now scramble for funding! There was mixed advice on sending a letter of intent, the general consensus was that it didn't make a big difference.

As you can see it was a very long boring day at work, but at least it looked like I was working :D

Oh and the take home from all this... 7wonders is right, just sit back and relax and enjoy May. If they only take 1 in 3 of us thats still better odds than I thought I had walking into that interview. Good luck everyone!!!!!!

rcolley77

Reaction score
Another 1st year D.O. and I are looking for another roommate to share a 3 bedroom house. I'm really clean and easy to get along with. Let me know if you're interested.

[email protected]

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice analysis One800, albeit a little neurotic ;)

Just remember, like 7wonders and you said, prepare for anything and that includes potentially another cycle. Finish Financial Aid if you want it and send it out. There's a good chance 08-09 will play out similarly but anything can happen so just be ready.

On another note, the Dean just spoke to us about 3rd year so that powerpoint that I posted is now obsolete. They completely changed how regions will be assigned and 2014 will also see another change from 2013. More details as they come but I just wanted to throw that out there. I plan to take that presentation off soon too.

bcgans

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice analysis One800, albeit a little neurotic ;)

Just remember, like 7wonders and you said, prepare for anything and that includes potentially another cycle. Finish Financial Aid if you want it and send it out. There's a good chance 08-09 will play out similarly but anything can happen so just be ready.

On another note, the Dean just spoke to us about 3rd year so that powerpoint that I posted is now obsolete. They completely changed how regions will be assigned and 2014 will also see another change from 2013. More details as they come but I just wanted to throw that out there. I plan to take that presentation off soon too.

Care to elaborate? I was just starting to understanding the region ranking and assigning system lol. Hope you like the changes the Dean made.

TheCloser

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am in the SMP and am on the alternate list also. It's gonna be 97 degrees here today, I am slowly melting away.

fratelli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Care to elaborate? I was just starting to understanding the region ranking and assigning system lol. Hope you like the changes the Dean made.

The three step rotation lottery will be the same, but they're moving up the first spin. Instead of it taking place in December, we'll know by the end of September. Additionally, they're getting rid of the LA site and year-long rural sites (but they'll still be available for our rural rotation). Tentitively, Ohio is no longer but they're negotiating sites in Indiana (right out of Chicago). The sites may be the same for future classes, or they could be different, but I think they're keeping the main process the same.

Tizoc

call me Katrina 'cuz the government ain't coming
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Woah, any reason why California and Ohio are out? A little disappointing that this happened.

randomusername

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The three step rotation lottery will be the same, but they're moving up the first spin. Instead of it taking place in December, we'll know by the end of September. Additionally, they're getting rid of the LA site and year-long rural sites (but they'll still be available for our rural rotation). Tentitively, Ohio is no longer but they're negotiating sites in Indiana (right out of Chicago). The sites may be the same for future classes, or they could be different, but I think they're keeping the main process the same.

Kind of makes me wonder why they don't (or if they will) negotiate some more spots in some of the CCOM rotation sites (unless the Indiana sites are some of those)?

It's a shame Ohio may no longer be an option, it sounded like if you got them set up properly those were some good ones to have.

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, there is one site that is still available in California. I forgot the name of the city, but it started with an M and is near the border between AZ and CA.

Ohio will be out if the Indiana site is confirmed. If somehow it falls through, I believe they will keep the 9 or so seats they had.

Basically, the big change was the condensing of the 1st spin into 5 or 6 regions. These include (may change) Central Phoenix, West Phoenix, etc. Each region has an associated rural rotation, so if you want to do your rural rotation in, say, Sierra Vista, you should aim for the Southern region.

You can no longer choose a single city as your year long rotation, but some cities are still big enough to support it, I think. For example, they briefly told us that Tucson would still be an independent rotation but there's not much information yet.

I can understand why they did this. It makes it a lot easier for them to organize and assign us to locations and they even promised to re-allow region swapping since I am guessing it is much easier to manage as a whole. I am a little disappointed that I cannot commit to a single city, but who knows how it will work out exactly. Right now this is all what we're getting.

Interestingly enough, for 2014, it appears you all will have to make this decision much earlier than us. The rumor mill suggests that 2014 will decide sometime in Fall Quarter. If this is the case, I'll be sure to post the information they give us so you have some extra time to decide in the event the rumor is true.

randomusername

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t really seem like it’s too much of a shake up unless people were dead-set on trying to get an L.A. or Ohio rotation, but interesting nonetheless. It does sound less chaotic than what they’ve been doing lately though.

I guess the big concern would become how separated the cities for different rotations in a region are going to be if you aren’t in one of the cities large enough to provide the year-long rotation, as that could definitely pose a headache for nailing down housing. Oh well, two years of other worries before then…

Thanks for all the updates on everything throughout the cycle Flushot. I definitely owe you a drink if you’re the imbibing type. lol

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shame that the LA and Ohio rotations are gone, but there weren't that many people that went to Ohio anyway, so I understand why they switch. It once again shows that all of the talk about AZCOM 'forcing' people to go to Ohio was just that: talk. Like all out of state rotations, they are 100% voluntary.

I think housing is a legitimate concern that they're working on. It would be absurd to have a region so spread out that you'd have to commute 30+ minutes to a rotation month, which is partly why I wanted to commit to one city. Then again, if you get somewhere like Central Phoenix or Glendale, there are enough hospitals to make buying a house possible.

Haha, no problem with the help. I do like posting on SDN a lot and I'll be sure to be there to meet you guys on the welcome night that the 2nd years will hold. Believe it or not, I'm really not the social type but hopefully I'll get along with everyone who makes their way down here :)

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, we just got an email from Dr. Speicher about the rotation sites currently in development. I'll post it verbatim here:

First, the Dean discussed rotation sites for the class of 2013 currently under development. These locations are:
1. Phoenix West
This site would consist of the current West Valley and some Central Phoenix rotations, and the Kingman rotation sites. About 50-75 students will be matched to this site.
2. Phoenix East
This site would consist of the Scottsdale and Southeast Valley rotations, and some Central Phoenix rotation sites, in addition to Cottonwood and Prescott. Another 50-75 students will be stationed at this site.
3. Tucson
This site would consist of Tucson hospitals (including UMC, TMC, Kino, St. Joseph’s and St. Mary’s), as well as local rotation sites and Sierra Vista and Wilcox. This site will have 25-50 students assigned there.
4. Modesto, CA
This is a new site with three hospitals (>1000 beds total) in Modesto, CA and possibly a hospital in Turlock, CA. This is underdevelopment and not many details are available. This site at capacity could take 25-50 students.
5. Either Ohio or Munster, IN
We are looking to begin a site using three hospitals in Munster, IN, in cooperation with CCOM. Again, this site is at a very early stage in development. We expect to be able to assign up to 25 students to this site. If the site is not finalized by the summer, we will continue to use Oho.

The Dean then introduced the new Associate Dean of Clinical Education, Dr. David Steinway, who will manage the rotation assignments next year.

I then described the process:

By July 1, electronic information will be available on the web site, and a summary sheet will be e-mailed to each of you. The summary sheet will also be printed and placed in your physical campus mailbox. You will be required to enter one selection (your first choice) for your rotation location on or before September 4, 2010. We will get the results out to you the following week. Students who do not get their first choice will look at the remaining spots, and rank their second choice, by end of the third week of class. Likewise, we will run a third and final round of preferences the first week of October.

One of the questions was about whether trades would be permitted. The answer is that we will allow you to trade your site with another student only for the entire year. For example, if you were assigned to West Phoenix, and traded with a Tucson student, you must switch rotation sites with them for the entire third year. No other rotation site trades will be allowed.

If you have any questions about the process, please let me know. Thanks, and I wish you all the best as your prepare for final examinations!

Mark Speicher, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine

I want to emphasize that the rotation sites are still in development and there will undoubtedly be more changes by the time we have to sign up and especially by the time 2014 has to sign up. However, this is basically their gameplan.

My thoughts: again, it's hard to say since we don't have anything concrete, but it seems like there will be months where we'll be quite spread out in terms of living arrangements. I'm not worried about the rural rotation since we'll have the the school pay for living during that month, but as far as going to into Central Phoenix, how central is central, that is, how far in will I have to drive? I guess we'll wait and see.

randomusername

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post!
It definitely seems like the lottery process has been simplified a good bit and the rotations they're trying to get set up don't sound too bad location-wise.

7wonders

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Since the thread has fallen silent, I'm guessing no one has heard from admissions. If you've had any contact with them lately, would you mind sharing updates? I'm sure all the alternates (myself included) would appreciate a glimmer of hope:)
Cheers!

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure where the waitlisters went. If anything, calling them now wouldn't be a bad idea, since things are settling down. I figure that most are lurkers here though.

I'll answer any questions, but yeah, it's finals weeks so it might be quiet for a bit until sweet freedom :)

randomusername

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure where the waitlisters went. If anything, calling them now wouldn't be a bad idea, since things are settling down. I figure that most are lurkers here though.

I'll answer any questions, but yeah, it's finals weeks so it might be quiet for a bit until sweet freedom :)

Any fun plans for your last free summer for the next few decades?

Flushot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ah, nothing in particular. We might go overseas on vacation but that idea is starting to fade. I figure it's going to be fairly low key, which I wouldn't mind right about now. That and Starcraft 2 is coming out so you can be I'll be playing that this summer :laugh:

It seems a lot of my classmates are working or doing research too so I might just so some shadowing on side for kicks.

I'm sure you all are ramping up to come here. I have a feeling this thread will get lively in a month for those who are waitlisted.

randomusername

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
lol Sounds like a good summer plan to me.

I'm thinking you're right about the thread...plus I'm guessing the 2010/11 will be opening up soonish.

Toketa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Since the thread has fallen silent, I'm guessing no one has heard from admissions. If you've had any contact with them lately, would you mind sharing updates? I'm sure all the alternates (myself included) would appreciate a glimmer of hope:)
Cheers!

I interviewed on 4/30 and I was accepted on on 5/13.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.