This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopelesslyhopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know these threads can be common but I have yet to see one that discusses the Joplin Campus Specifically.

Both schools are solid academically as far as I can tell, so that wont be listed as a pro or con. Here is how the situation plays out for me:

I am from California so AZCOM has the location factor for sure (though I am not bothered by being far from home at KCU/not being able to come home); however, the tuition is DAUNTING at 65k vs. the 45k I would pay at Joplin. When I interviewed at the Kansas city campus of KCU I would have chosen it over AZCOM in a heartbeat given how I felt about the campus, location, education, and obviously the tuition. However, I can't confidently say the same thing about the Joplin Campus.

For one, there are no ACTUAL pictures of the Joplin campus, just artistic renderings. I will be paying the 2k to hold my spot without actually even knowing what the campus looks like. It should bolster a similar academic prowess as KCU since the curriculum will be identical and the teachers are teaching/shadowing on the Kansas City campus currently, but I can imagine that it will still have "new school" growing pains. We also have no concrete ideas about what will be available to us in terms of extracurricular's (volunteer clinics, community involvement, etc) - all I have been told is the community is "excited to have us there".

I loved AZCOM, and if all things were equal, wouldn't have a problem choosing it over KCU-Joplin given that I know NOTHING about whats to come there and no one in admissions can give concrete info yet. But the tuition is probably the biggest issue right now. Unfortunately, I cant seem to find an upside that puts one over the other. Im either paying 65k + COL for an education system that is established/i know what i am getting, or I'm saving the 20k a year for a lot of unknowns (albeit on a campus that is an extension of an already successful/well established program)

Members don't see this ad.