This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boise State Bronco

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to start studying for the DAT on Monday and I'm getting excited to start going. What are the most effective ways to take notes while studying? My friend uses OneNote for his MCAT prep notes, but I'm more of a paper and pen person. Although using the computer it will be a lot easier to search through my notes... What have people found that is most helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

Also a pen/paper studier. Make sure to dedicate a binder for DAT studying, with sections for each subject. For GC/OC/QR I first copied down Chad's lectures + Quizzes. For Bio I read Cliffs and read/copied down Feralis. RC doesn't require any writing, and PAT you're best off learning strategies (that you can write down) but then practicing as much as possible... you'll go through a lot of scrap paper that you don't really need to keep.

I referred to my binder when I was stuck on certain questions in Destroyer, and it worked out pretty well.

Reactions: 1 users
I got a 5 subject notebook and took notes on everything I got wrong! I would reread these notes each night (or a portion of the notes once it got huge). I also made my own drawings where applicable (i.e. the heart, nitrogen cycle, organic chemistry mechanisms, etc). Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user