This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who are already in the program/ have completed it already, how many PPT slides do we go through in a week? Is it feasible for me to print them all out and take notes on the printed copies? That's what I did in undergrad but I can see that it may not be feasible if we go through like 1000/ week

Members don't see this ad.

Shoot, I'm a "read the book and scribble on it" kind of guy. Would reading the book in programs like these be a bit too much?

Hi Everyone! Congrats on getting into a great program. I'm a current Tufts MBS student looking for someone to fill my spot in my South End apartment, preferably female. You would be living with 2 other women (one is also an MBS student and the other a BU med grad student). Rent is $925/ mo. + utilities which normally run around $25pp and the apartment is about a 10 min walk to BU Med. The lease technically starts 9/1 but we would like someone who can move in July 1st or August 1st.

I'm also open to leaving the room fully furnished for a negotiable price (I'll even leave my old study guides and MCAT books if you'd like) so all you would have to do is bring your clothes!

Message me if you're interested!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if people who have applied and were complete around April 29th got their decision yet. I have got an e-mail that said I am complete on April 29th, but on the application portal, it says they are still waiting for my transcript and verifying my application. Did I do something wrong?

Have you got any reply back about your decision?
I've been completely complete and verified since 4/25. I've emailed Lynese a couple of times regarding my status and I've sent her a couple updates on what I am doing currently, such as taking classes, volunteering, etc.
I think they typically send out acceptances in batches since I haven't seen anyone being accepted recently.

I've been completely complete and verified since 4/25. I've emailed Lynese a couple of times regarding my status and I've sent her a couple updates on what I am doing currently, such as taking classes, volunteering, etc.
I think they typically send out acceptances in batches since I haven't seen anyone being accepted recently.

I see. Thanks! I have been sending e-mails, but have not got any responses back...

For those of you who got accepted, did you hear about this before you sent your official transcripts/scores in?

I am selling an entire apartment's worth of furniture for $1000. Everything is in almost new/clean condition. Near BUMC. PM for details

Anyone else that submitted around a month ago still waiting for a decision? I just hope they didn't forget about my app... Wondering if they are "triaging" certain apps for a re-review or if they are straight accepting/waitlisting/rejecting/ apps as they come.

/copypasta

Anyone else that submitted around a month ago still waiting for a decision? I just hope they didn't forget about my app... Wondering if they are "triaging" certain apps for a re-review or if they are straight accepting/waitlisting/rejecting/ apps as they come.

/copypasta

I got an e-mail that I was complete on 4/29, but still waiting for a decision. One thin that worries me is that on the portal, it says my application is not complete. I have called them and they said it is fine, but still worried.

For those of you who are already in the program/ have completed it already, how many PPT slides do we go through in a week? Is it feasible for me to print them all out and take notes on the printed copies? That's what I did in undergrad but I can see that it may not be feasible if we go through like 1000/ week

Lectures are fairly long however I did noticed that few people printed out slides and took notes on them.

Shoot, I'm a "read the book and scribble on it" kind of guy. Would reading the book in programs like these be a bit too much?

First semester you are given what is essentially a mini textbook that serves as your primary source of content for the class. I used a textbook from the library if I didnt understand a concept, but for the most part I stuck to what is provided (which is a lot)

Second semester you start relying on a textbook a bit more but again it was minimal. In my opinion, there were too many pages to read and not a lot of new information to gain from it.

Hi! I only have a few days to decide between BU MAMS and Tufts MBS and I'm really struggling with my decision. I've never been to Boston, and therefore haven't visited either school yet and having a good "feel" for the place is really important to me. Did any alum of this program have to make the same decision? What pushed it over the edge for you? Also if you know anyone on SDN/Reddit I could talk to with more questions plz let me know, I've been struggling to find people to talk to.

Honestly I'm leaning towards Tufts but I don't know if any of it is based in any truth 1) I applied to the undergrad school and had such a lil crush on it...so just instantly I'm drawn to it 2) The % who get into any school/Tufts MD afterwards looks better than for BU (but are these percentages even accurate???) 3) I actually have a distant friend who went to the Tufts program so I was able to talk to her about it 5) Just on SDN/Reddit I've been able to find more people from Tufts to talk to, but not so much with BU MAMS although I do have a friend who would be going here this fall

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who has been accepted and looking for a place to stay:
1) I just finished MAMS
2) I'm looking for someone to take over my lease starting July 1st. Lease will officially start Sept 1st, so if you are aiming to move in early this is for you.
3) 3 Story house. You get your own very large room with your own bathroom
4) Fully furnished
5) Two room mates. One ex-MAMS student (current med student) will be living with you. Very nice people!
6) One dog is in the house
7) Very close to campus. Takes me about 13 minutes to get to school (via bus), from the time I step out the house to arriving on campus.
8) Location is in Roxbury Boston MA
9) Rent is 900$/mo
10) Internet is already set up
11) Very close to the T, you can get just about anywhere in the city from dudley bus station and the T.

PM me if you are interested

/copypasta

Have you heard yet? I'm still waiting as well. I emailed last week to check in and never got a response. Hope it doesn't take 2 more weeks to hear and also that taking the full 8 weeks for a decision doesn't mean a rejection.

Have you heard yet? I'm still waiting as well. I emailed last week to check in and never got a response. Hope it doesn't take 2 more weeks to hear and also that taking the full 8 weeks for a decision doesn't mean a rejection.

Yeah, hopefully they are sending acceptances in bulk. I was complete around 04/20 (blaze it) and everything verified a couple days later. I'm scared that I might get a rejection or a waitlist due to them waiting for my summer grades to come in. Really trying to commit to a program here otherwise I'll be stuck doing scribe work for another year.
I also emailed them last week and they said there are "still plenty of spots available" and that they usually send out bulk acceptances after the end of the month. The FB group has almost 100 students and I think the cap is 180-190 students (not to mention the other students who don't have FB). I'm also guessing that they accept students who were waitlisted from med schools sporadically throughout the month too.
Also heard that a good amount of accepted students give up their class seat for multiple reasons throughout the summer, so here's to hoping!

Yeah, hopefully they are sending acceptances in bulk. I was complete around 04/20 (blaze it) and everything verified a couple days later. I'm scared that I might get a rejection or a waitlist due to them waiting for my summer grades to come in. Really trying to commit to a program here otherwise I'll be stuck doing scribe work for another year.
I also emailed them last week and they said there are "still plenty of spots available" and that they usually send out bulk acceptances after the end of the month. The FB group has almost 100 students and I think the cap is 180-190 students (not to mention the other students who don't have FB). I'm also guessing that they accept students who were waitlisted from med schools sporadically throughout the month too.
Also heard that a good amount of accepted students give up their class seat for multiple reasons throughout the summer, so here's to hoping!

Hopefully we hear this week then since May just ended. Thanks for the info!

Hopefully we hear this week then since May just ended. Thanks for the info!

I called them last week and they said the acceptances will come out on Mid June.

Edit: I applied on April 29th, so it may be different for people who applied later.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back?
Applied April 29th and have not heard anything back yet.
I wonder whats taking them so long. They told me it will take about 2 to 3 weeks in the beginning, but they are now telling me to wait until mid June.

It looks like they are full. This is as a disaster.

I'm just guessing based on the lack of response in the forum and from bumams.

Hey potential future classmates! I applied very last minute for this program and found out yesterday that I was accepted.

Right now I am trying to determine whether this program is a wise decision for me, financially speaking. My alternative would be finding a full-time research position and saving up for a year before applying to medical school (osteopathic). My GPA has suffered because I have had to work ~30 hours per week to pay for school, and I went to a rigorous liberal arts school infamous for its grade deflation. However, I believe my currents stats are on target for an osteopathic school. My goal with the MAMS program would be to boost my academic credentials and get accepted by an allopathic school.

I am low-income and would be taking out loans in order to cover the entire cost of the program and living in Boston. I will have to do the same for medical school, and I still have a small amount of loans from undergrad. Admittedly, the amount of debt I will be taking on terrifies me because I don't have anything to fall on.

I was wondering if any other MAMS students have been in a similar situation, and whether you found the program worthy of taking on the additional debt. I am inclined to believe that the program will be worth it because I believe it will help me achieve my goal of getting into medical school, but, on the other hand, it's A LOT of money.

Also, if anyone could give me advice on scholarships or grants, I would really greatly appreciate it.

It looks like they are full. This is as a disaster.
As of this point, there has been no official message from anyone in the BU MAMS program admissions that the class is full. That being said, admissions are rolling--so the earlier your application was in the better. This does not mean that late applicants are automatically disqualified from consideration, so please do not interpret it as such.

As of this point, there has been no official message from anyone in the BU MAMS program admissions that the class is full. That being said, admissions are rolling--so the earlier your application was in the better. This does not mean that late applicants are automatically disqualified from consideration, so please do not interpret it as such.

How's the class size? I was marked fully complete in late April and I've contacted admissions a couple times with responses. Is there any reason why some students who applied later are getting acceptances while some who applied earlier have no response yet? Maybe a more thorough application review for the less-than-qualified applicants?

Hey potential future classmates! I applied very last minute for this program and found out yesterday that I was accepted.

Right now I am trying to determine whether this program is a wise decision for me, financially speaking. My alternative would be finding a full-time research position and saving up for a year before applying to medical school (osteopathic). My GPA has suffered because I have had to work ~30 hours per week to pay for school, and I went to a rigorous liberal arts school infamous for its grade deflation. However, I believe my currents stats are on target for an osteopathic school. My goal with the MAMS program would be to boost my academic credentials and get accepted by an allopathic school.

I am low-income and would be taking out loans in order to cover the entire cost of the program and living in Boston. I will have to do the same for medical school, and I still have a small amount of loans from undergrad. Admittedly, the amount of debt I will be taking on terrifies me because I don't have anything to fall on.

I was wondering if any other MAMS students have been in a similar situation, and whether you found the program worthy of taking on the additional debt. I am inclined to believe that the program will be worth it because I believe it will help me achieve my goal of getting into medical school, but, on the other hand, it's A LOT of money.

Also, if anyone could give me advice on scholarships or grants, I would really greatly appreciate it.

When did you apply for the program? I got an e-mail that I was complete on April 29th, but have not heard anything back from them. :(

I was complete on June 1, but had everything in about a week before that

How's the class size? I was marked fully complete in late April and I've contacted admissions a couple times with responses. Is there any reason why some students who applied later are getting acceptances while some who applied earlier have no response yet? Maybe a more thorough application review for the less-than-qualified applicants?
Class size is anywhere from 165-175, but fluctuates from year to year. As for the second part of your question, I cannot say. I am not given any information regarding the admissions process.

Why did you decide tufts?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I liked the smaller class size and the smaller community feel of the program. Nothing against BU at all, I just prefer small vs large and I liked that everyone was in the same building and classroom for the most part.

Congrats on all the BU MAMS acceptances. I'm a second year GMS student living in Harrison Court. Currently, I'm in a 1 bedroom and I'm looking for a roommate (preferably male) to move into a 2 bedroom/2 bath with me. Details about the unit I'm eyeing:
1) ~$4000/month total (so I guess it would be possible to bring in another roommate)
2) South End location: Right across the street from BUMC (761 Harrison Ave). I never had to care what the weather was. You can spend more time studying, less time commuting.
3) Central AC/water included but electricity is not.
4) Washer/dryer in the apartment
5) I already own many pieces of furniture and devices such as sofa, TV, modem, router, and eating utensils (we can figure out internet fees and what not later)

PM me any questions. However, do so ASAP because the units here get signed very quickly.

I just withdrew my seat and will be taking a spot at loyola or Tufts! Hope this frees up a seat for somebody who really wants to get in :) Good luck everybody!

I applied on 05/31 and got accepted yesterday, so I am currently maneuvering through this process. I've been trying to find the fb group, but have been unsuccessful. Can someone tell me the name of the group?

I applied on 05/31 and got accepted yesterday, so I am currently maneuvering through this process. I've been trying to find the fb group, but have been unsuccessful. Can someone tell me the name of the group?
Dang... you already got a reply.... wtf is happening to my app. I was complete on April 29th and I am still waiting haha

My stats are cGPA: 3.26 gGPA: 3. 34 GRE: 324

I guess its the stats thats keeping my decision :(

Your GPA is perfect for this program. I think the lack of MCAT score is holding you back. Are you planning to take the MCAT this summer?

Your GPA is perfect for this program. I think the lack of MCAT score is holding you back. Are you planning to take the MCAT this summer?

Yea, I am planning to take it for now.
I think I saw your post from the Case Medical Physiology forum. I think I'm planning to that program unless BU sends me something next week.
I didn't enjoy Cleveland during undergrad, but Case is probably the only choice right now.

I understand there's no true linkage per se to BUSM, but can any alumni comment on the average profile (GPA/MCAT) of MAMS students who have been accepted to BUSM? Does MAMS performance seem to be the major factor in admission?

Yea, I am planning to take it for now.
I think I saw your post from the Case Medical Physiology forum. I think I'm planning to that program unless BU sends me something next week.
I didn't enjoy Cleveland during undergrad, but Case is probably the only choice right now.
I'm on the same boat (had everything verified in early May). They finally responded to my email on the 20th saying they were hoping to have all decisions sent out in 10-14 days :/. At this point I'm probably going to Wayne State's BMS program

I'm on the same boat (had everything verified in early May). They finally responded to my email on the 20th saying they were hoping to have all decisions sent out in 10-14 days :/. At this point I'm probably going to Wayne State's BMS program

I see. It sucks, but I think both of our programs would do fine. Would you attend the BU MAMS is they accept you anytime before classes start?

Hey guys! I am interested in applying to BU MAMS but I'm not too sure what my chances are with my gpa and MCAT. What types of stats typically gets students accepted into this program? My cgpa is a 3.4 and I have a chance to bring it up to a 3.5 after this semester, sgpa is 3.0 with a chance to bring that up as well, and an MCAT of 496 but I am retaking that in April.

Hey I am in a similar position as you.3.6 gpa and 498 MCAT.And I'm interested in the B.U. MAMS program.I plan to retake the MCAT next April and I was curious as to whether or not you got an acceptance to BU? Or any other programs? My low MCAT score is the only thing hindering me.

Hi Guys! I applied on 6/21 and got accepted yesterday (6/23).

Last edited: