Buisness skills needed for success in MHA programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalLonghorn2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I've been looking at alternative career choices if dentistry doesn't work out and I was wondering if not having any business skills or work experience would hurt my chances of getting in to an MHA program? Also, if I do manage to get in, would I fall behind due to my lack of the 2 skills and experience?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Stay in Dental school........

But, to answer your question, No, your lack of business skills or work experience won't hamper getting accepted into an MHA program, as many (if not most) of the students that matriculate into these programs come straight from Undergrad. You will, however, have to have certain prerequisites such as 1-2 semesters of Business Math, Statistics, Accounting etc. Check out some program websites to get an idea of application requirements.

But, to answer your question, No, your lack of business skills or work experience won't hamper getting accepted into an MHA program, as many (if not most) of the students that matriculate into these programs come straight from Undergrad. You will, however, have to have certain prerequisites such as 1-2 semesters of Business Math, Statistics, Accounting etc. Check out some program websites to get an idea of application requirements.

Appreciate it! Yes, I intend on staying in dental school. Granted, if I get in first. Just having a backup plan :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Appreciate it! Yes, I intend on staying in dental school. Granted, if I get in first. Just having a backup plan :)

If you got into dental school, chances are you have all the intellectual horsepower needed to understand ''business math,'' accounting, and the types of statistics used on a daily basis in the business world.

Reactions: 1 user
If you got into dental school, chances are you have all the intellectual horsepower needed to understand ''business math,'' accounting, and the types of statistics used on a daily basis in the business world.

Thanks for the advice!