CCOM 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhillstr

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here matriculing to CCOM next year? Anyone.....? Would like to meet some future classmates.
RH

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at CCOM a week ago. How long did it take to hear from them? They told me 1-2 weeks. Hope to see you there next year

Rhillstr, why the change of plans? Thought you were going to AZCOM? Oh, well, "two campuses, one academic community"

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry Nav,
Nothing against AZ but Chicago's environment and clinicals are famous for being condusive to medical training. I don't like cold too much but I'll live. Besides, I'll be inside studying all the time anyways.

rhillst,
How was your interview at CCOM? I interviewed there a week ago and it was so hard to get a read for how it went. I interviewed at AZCOM and I got along great with the interview panel there and I got in. However, at CCOM I did not click to well with the med student on the panel, and the interview was much different than AZCOM. What was your experience like and how long did it take you to hear if you got accepted?

[This message has been edited by A-MAC (edited 12-12-1999).]

It took them about one month to meet and decide. I interviewed on November 4th and got word December 10th. My experience was exceptional as only one person in my group was the scheduled person. The med student could not attend and neither did the D.O. I clicked very well with the interviewers I felt and they even went so far as to compliment me. That's the basis for my "good feel" about my chances. Being patient is hard but just try to relax and enjoy the holidays. Everything always works out for the best.
RH

Rhillster, Congrats on your acceptance.
I am going to CCOM next fall!! email me!!
I interviewed on November 3 and I received a phone call the next afternoon telling me that I was accepted. I received my formal acceptance letter about 2 weeks after I interviewed. On the day that I interviewed, they told us that the committee was meeting the next afternoon, so I was lucky to interview when I did. Depending on when the review committee meets, you'll know sooner or later. Good luck to all.

It looks like I will be going to CCOM this coming fall also. I just received the phone call this afternoon. I look foward to meeting all of you.

A-MAC

When did you interview. I had mine on Dec. 3 and no word yet. Congrats and good luck.

Maverick,
I interviewed on December 3 also. I just heard late this afternoon. I happened to be home for a late lunch when I got the call. It sounded like they won't send anything in the mail for a while though because she said I would not see anything in the mail for about 3 weeks. I would just be patient I bet you'll hear something the beginning of next week. I was surprised to hear so soon I thought for sure with the holidays I would not hear until after Jan 1. Good Luck. I think I remember meeting you at the interview, are you from Seatle? i am from San Jose, CA.

A-MAC

Yes, I am from the Seattle area. I knew I remembered you from the interview day. Congrats on your acceptance. Good luck to you.

Congrats on getting into CCOM. I grew up down the street from there so if you have any questions about the area, I can give you guys the 411

nice to meet all of you guys(and girls?)don't be discouraged, i interviewd on October 18th and didn't hear anything until November 8th...hope you all have a great christmas and new year!

JD

[This message has been edited by ebola95 (edited 12-29-1999).]

Members don't see this ad :)
count me in!! i just got the acceptance letter today!

So you really decided to go to CCOM huh?
smile.gif
What happened to WuCOMP? Me thinks I should have gone to the CCOM interview. Congrats on your acceptance!

I'm in as well. Congrats to all of you. I look forward to seeing you next year

Maverick,
Congatulations on getting in to CCOM! I look foward to seeing you all in the fall, I am really excited about starting. Do any of you know anything about housing in the area? Do you think on campus housing is the way to go your first year, or is off campus housing affordable and near by?

Thanks for the great responses from everyone! Keep 'em coming.
Do we want to meet sometime before Sept. 1st?

hey there folks...i'm gonna plan a trip out to Chicago for a weekend to check out the campus and a few off campus apartments the second to last week in march....anyone game?...i think it would be cool to sit down and talk with you all before the **** hits the fan in Sept....let me know who's interested!

John

------------------
Ebola95
CCOM'04

Congratulations everyone!!
You made a great choice and you won't be disappointed. Here is a good source for apartments in the Chicagoland area:http://www.relconapartments.com/
Drop me a line if you need anymore information on life in Chicago and the best place to live.

doatc
MSII CCOM

I interviewd at CCOM about 2.5 weeks ago and still have not heard a response yet. I interviewed at NOVA the same week and received an acceptance this past week.Hmmm!

My interview at CCOM went very good and I even asked my interviewers how my chances were of getting in. He responded saying that if it was up to him, I would be a shu-in.
I have 5 more interviews to go, although I don't know if I will go to all of them now.

------------------
Relax and Breath Deeply! Necee

Well doatc,
If you really want to help you could always fill out my financial aid paperwork!!!
Hahaha
Thanks for the pointer. How would you rate campus housing (apts and dorms) to a convenient local apt?
Thanks,
Rob

In all of the post on this board it says CCOM starts in September, is that right ? I thought I read somewhere that it starts in August. I can't find the start date in any of the literature I have or on their web site, could someone please enlighten me.

Thank you,
Amy

Amy,

School usually starts after Labor Day and ends about the middle of May. There is an orientation for the MS1s usually a couple of days before school starts. If you need absoulte dates, call the school.

Do we need to find our own lodging for orientation or are they going to put us up in the dorms for the night, I believe that it is scheduled for August 30-31st (and i can't wait!)

I am done working on August 28th so i'm open to meeting before orientation if anyone else is...has anyone gotten housing information yet? anyone know for sure where they are/are not living? anyone interested in ice hockey? i found an ice rink right down the street and looking to get a group of people together who are intersted...nothing like a group of future DO's on the ice!

-John