This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elevation1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice would be helpful.

I'm an MS3, aiming for a specialty with medicine and procedures/minor surgeries.

Important to me:
Patient interactions and care
Lifestyle (more-so in terms of work-life balance than $)

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't mean to stalk you after participating in your thread in allo (randomly noticed this), but if you have no urology research or activities would you be willing to take a year off? If I recall you are currently an MS3.

Didn't mean to stalk you after participating in your thread in allo (randomly noticed this), but if you have no urology research or activities would you be willing to take a year off? If I recall you are currently an MS3.

I only have research in Neuro-Obgyn and Endo-Onc, so don't have research in Ophtho (which I'm considering) nor Uro (which is maybe a 3rd choice).
Once I make the decision on a residency (which hopefully will be in the upcoming week or two), I will try to get involved asap in research in that field.

Members don't see this ad :)
Urology residency definitely doesn't fit your goal of minor surgeries and procedures. You could tailor your practice to only doing smaller procedures if you like, once you get out.

I imagine ophtho and derm as the pinnacle of specialties with lifestyle and minor procedures.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.