Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True and I like the idea that I wouldn't need to wear pants in the middle of an online interview

(not srs)

I had a Skype job interview once. Wore dress shirt, tie, and gym shorts!

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Members don't see this ad.

Today was a humbling day.

I went to visit the M.D. professor at my uni. and could not believe what happened. I left in tears and cried for about 2 hours after. I wish I could post what happen and I will once I donate to SDN and I can delete my own post.

I learned several lesson from this event:
1. Stay humble. Don't think you are better than anyone.
2. Watch what you say and do.
3.You only have yourself and God.

SN: I need help compiling my list of schools.

Today was a humbling day.

I went to visit the M.D. professor at my uni. and could not believe what happened. I left in tears and cried for about 2 hours after. I wish I could post what happen and I will once I donate to SDN and I can delete my own post.

I learned several lesson from this event:
1. Stay humble. Don't think you are better than anyone.
2. Watch what you say and do.
3.You only have yourself and God.

SN: I need help compiling my list of schools.

Lol. Is this real life?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, this is real life that why I am not posting it until I am sure I can delete it, I was disgusted and my opinion of this person changed completely.

You can edit posts. Just can't delete threads.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

If you donate enough money you can delete your post.

Very interested in hearing what happened.

My guess is it was a long winded event of him explaining exactly why you have no shot at med school. If we listened to people like that, 20% of current physicians would be working in the streams of Colorado right now with their Biology degree.

My guess is it was a long winded event of him explaining exactly why you have no shot at med school. If we listened to people like that, 20% of current physicians would be working in the streams of Colorado right now with their Biology degree.

What's so special bout Colorado?

Or maybe he said she shouldn't chose her medical school based on where she will find the best husband.

The more I read from this poster the more I smell troll.

It has nothing to do with my stats I was already forewarn that he tells everyone with less than a 30 to retake.

I dont care anymore I need to vent...... he called my mother selfish. My mother an emotional topic for me due to our not so perfect relationship..... I have bad things abt my mother before but coming from him teared me up.

Last edited:
Or maybe he said she shouldn't chose her medical school based on where she will find the best husband.

The more I read from this poster the more I smell troll.

Troll????? I have over a 1,000 post.

Troll????? I have over a 1,000 post.

1000 bad posts? Persistent troll? Idk.
tumblr_lnjfboOQuh1qjbdyno1_500.gif

It has nothing to do with my stats I was already forewarn that he tells everyone with less than a 30 to retake.

I dont care anymore I need to vent...... he called my mother selfish. My mother an emotional topic for me due to our not so perfect relationship..... I have bad things abt my mother before but coming from him teared me up.

I could not stop crying and then to cheer me up he tried calling Nova and he got the answer machine and then he called LECOM-B and talk to the admin for me than give me a person name to call and told me on my app to add his name and tell them he told me to apply.

Nice knowing you thread.

Members don't see this ad :)

Wow you're really close to your teachers. Most of the time my professors only know me based on going to office hours and asking questions about the class. Go figure.

Wow you're really close to your teachers. Most of the time my professors only know me based on going to office hours and asking questions about the class. Go figure.

Do you cry in front of them and get them to call schools? (Read my quoted posted above)

Do you cry in front of them and get them to call schools? (Read my quoted posted above)

Of course I cried in front of the prof. I was in shock when he called my mom selfish and then the prof. started calling schools I guess to cheer me up.

I am sorry, that you found it silly that I would choose my med school base on finding the husband but that my personal choice as well.

Oh so you want to be around white people only.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Have you all seen the Key and Peele skit called something like- yo momma has health problems?

I had only been to this prof. office hours about 4 times. That why it shock me so much when he said it.

Oh so you want to be around white people only.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

What????

Did not you see that I said I should add HBCUs so that I could find myself a husband.

I would date and/or marry any race of man but I prefer black.

Guys after what happen yesterday, I may retake the MCAT probably in Aug/Sept or Jan. Must likely Jan. I will not sign up until I am getting at least a 10 consistently in each section. I hope this works out. Then I might apply MD and tell my uni. pre-health prof. I don't want to attend the uni med school because of personal reasons and if they want to know more I will tell them this all 4 times where a doctor associated with their med school has said something disturbing to me.

I do know that I have to stuck up my proud and still use my uni pre-health committee and I think the prof that said that rude comment abt my mom is on there.

I also abt thinking finding my very own D.O. to shadow rather than the one he referred me to shadow and not telling any schools that he sent me I think with my stats I am good. I need to work on my ECs, I could bring my GPA higher with a few classes and I need to practice interviewing skills asap.

O F it. I am just going to remember yesterday forever because it will keep me humbele and apply D.O. I do not have it in me for a retake.

you are already accepted to med at your uni but don't want to go?

wot

you are already accepted to med at your uni but don't want to go?

wot

No. I was going to retake try for a 30+ and then tell my pre health advisor I would not apply to my uni medical school.

No. I was going to retake try for a 30+ and then tell my pre health advisor I would not apply to my uni medical school.

Just retake it. Do you like drama or something? Rhetorical question.

Guys after what happen yesterday, I may retake the MCAT probably in Aug/Sept or Jan. Must likely Jan. I will not sign up until I am getting at least a 10 consistently in each section. I hope this works out. Then I might apply MD and tell my uni. pre-health prof. I don't want to attend the uni med school because of personal reasons and if they want to know more I will tell them this all 4 times where a doctor associated with their med school has said something disturbing to me.

I do know that I have to stuck up my proud and still use my uni pre-health committee and I think the prof that said that rude comment abt my mom is on there.

I also abt thinking finding my very own D.O. to shadow rather than the one he referred me to shadow and not telling any schools that he sent me I think with my stats I am good. I need to work on my ECs, I could bring my GPA higher with a few classes and I need to practice interviewing skills asap.

Sure, do whatever you want. Stop bringing drama to this thread.

maybemed2013, you are going to have to learn quickly that you should keep to yourself and avoid posting things about others on random online sites like this. That being said, your balanced 24 and GPA with the fact that you are an AA female is going to get you into an MD school. You and your 'adviser' may not understand the application process, but many of us do. You will be alright, so please... stop.

So I have a question a little more on topic.. How important do y'all think it is to actually follow a DO. I've done an internship with an orthopedic surgeon and got 100+ hours I follow one of our EM physicians here and there and have 2000+ hours of patient contact as an EMT/PT Tech/ and through my AT undergrad.. But no primary care exposure or anything with a DO...

So I have a question a little more on topic.. How important do y'all think it is to actually follow a DO. I've done an internship with an orthopedic surgeon and got 100+ hours I follow one of our EM physicians here and there and have 2000+ hours of patient contact as an EMT/PT Tech/ and through my AT undergrad.. But no primary care exposure or anything with a DO...

A good number of schools require a DO LOR. Search them up and see if you're interested in those. If yes, shadow a DO and get a letter.

DO letter is your ace in the hole when it comes to applying to specific schools (and as said before, some even have it as a requirement). You can pretty much answer the question "Why DO school?" adequately since you can just draw from your experience shadowing a DO (which in all likelihood, you get the same experience as shadowing an MD :shrug:).

But I suggest a letter, it will give you an edge over the ones who don't require it.

First off, I believe that shadowing/having a LOR from a DO is beneficial not only because it shows your interest in osteopathic medicine to adcoms, but it also allows you to pick the brain of an osteopathic physician which in turn is good education for you yourself.

I also went through an AT program. The orthopod who took me under his wing and ultimately wrote my letter of rec was a DO. However there were many other team physicians that I worked with who were family medicine/sports medicine trained as well. Were you exposed to non-ortho, sports medicine physicians during your AT undergrad? I worked many "doctors clinics" in the ATR with these physicians performing pre participation physicals, addressing more complex (beyond my scope/training) non musculoskeletal cases etc. There are ways to spin that into "primary care" exposure, especially since you are working with/shadowing what is essentially a family medicine doctor.

...or, you could just find a primary care DO to shadow and kill two birds with one stone. ;) Which again, is recommended...for the letter at least...

Last edited:
Guys I am going to retake I am going to start studying again in April. probably take the test in Aug.