Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How's everyone doing? Almost time for part 1 :cool:
Feel constantly behind. #yolo

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
How's everyone doing? Almost time for part 1 :cool:
I feel okay. My practice and mock exam scores show that I should pass as I am above the median score for my class and I am averaging 70-75% on BV and a little higher on the released practice exams. Reviewing all of the material I realize I have weaker areas and stronger areas just like everybody else. It is disconcerting to review something one day and come back to it in a week only to realize I feel like I have already forgotten it all, but I just keep telling myself it’s impossible to know or remember everything. I probably could have done a better job preparing, but I hope that doing well in all of my first and second year classes along with the review and TQs I have been able to do will serve me well.

I second Weirdy about feeling constantly behind, but I don’t think I’d ever feel 100% ready no matter how long I took to prepare. It’s comforting knowing that 88% pass first time and 92% of our last years class passed as I was a good bit above their average on our mock exam, which is supposedly harder than the actual exam.

Reactions: 5 users
Feel constantly behind. #yolo
I feel okay. My practice and mock exam scores show that I should pass as I am above the median score for my class and I am averaging 70-75% on BV and a little higher on the released practice exams. Reviewing all of the material I realize I have weaker areas and stronger areas just like everybody else. It is disconcerting to review something one day and come back to it in a week only to realize I feel like I have already forgotten it all, but I just keep telling myself it’s impossible to know or remember everything. I probably could have done a better job preparing, but I hope that doing well in all of my first and second year classes along with the review and TQs I have been able to do will serve me well.

I second Weirdy about feeling constantly behind, but I don’t think I’d ever feel 100% ready no matter how long I took to prepare. It’s comforting knowing that 88% pass first time and 92% of our last years class passed as I was a good bit above their average on our mock exam, which is supposedly harder than the actual exam.

I feel the same way in terms of getting behind and also agree that we cannot know it all..so its one day at a time for now. We got clinic work and a few hours of board prep everyday :( Also scoring similar to Podstar on those BV questions, so I guess I learned something lol. In any case, we got this.

If anyone has a question or topic they want to go over..feel free post them here or start a private message. Thanks and all the best to us :yawn:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way in terms of getting behind and also agree that we cannot know it all..so its one day at a time for now. We got clinic work and a few hours of board prep everyday :( Also scoring similar to Podstar on those BV questions, so I guess I learned something lol. In any case, we got this.

If anyone has a question or topic they want to go over..feel free post them here or start a private message. Thanks and all the best to us :yawn:
How are you scoring on the 2005, 2008, and two Prometric practice NBPME exams? I have taken 5 and between those my average is 83%, with a range of 77-90%.

How are you scoring on the 2005, 2008, and two Prometric practice NBPME exams? I have taken 5 and between those my average is 83%, with a range of 77-90%.

took 3 so far...and scored 83/84/87%...maybe another two later this month...range was similar to yours.
Also doing a bit for first aid for it all..has good review for micro/biochem/and general physio

Good luck everyone! Let's all go crush Part 1 tomorrow! :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Wish i could just know so i can be depressed or celebrate. I feel like it was hard, and i made stupid mistakes.

Reactions: 6 users
Wow.. It went terrible for me. It’s going to be a long 3 weeks.
Same here, studied 2 months once we finished finals in spring. Seems to be general consensus of our class too down here at Barry. Test was really rough.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm on the same page as y'all. I'm not feeling too great about it. I hope we all pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is exactly what is said in these threads every year and then almost everyone passes

Reactions: 2 users
Post your part 1 thoughts here:

thanks

Whoever had made that post and then removed it, please let us know if you passed and if you could repost what you wrote previously.

Would love to hear from your prespective on how you studied and how well it prepared you (In the appropriate section of course).

Thanks!

Whoever had made that post and then removed it, please let us know if you passed and if you could repost what you wrote previously.

Would love to hear from your prespective on how you studied and how well it prepared you (In the appropriate section of course).

Thanks!
I’ll rewrite it after the test results are out.

anyone else still randomly remembering questions? Not fun. This is going to be a long two weeks.

Remembering test questions. Looking them up. And still not knowing what the right answer is. Which makes me feel a bit “better” in that even if I had the info in front of me, I wouldn’t know what answer to correctly mark down. But makes me feel awful cause I don’t know how many I needed to get right in order to pass and these questions may make the difference :(

That exam was challenging. I hope everyone passes, but its going to be a long 16 days ahead. I wish of all podiatry medical schools consolidate/agree on one source of information for lower anatomy. Its kinda exhausting to keep hunting for the correct information and terminology, and yet not knowing what terms the exam writers are going to be using. I believe putting hands together is going to serve our profession greatly in the future, just a thought.

Reactions: 6 users
That exam was challenging. I hope everyone passes, but its going to be a long 16 days ahead. I wish of all podiatry medical schools consolidate/agree on one source of information for lower anatomy. Its kinda exhausting to keep hunting for the correct information and terminology, and yet not knowing what terms the exam writers are going to be using. I believe putting hands together is going to serve our profession greatly in the future, just a thought.

I agree. Some of the info for lower anatomy was missing from my school notes and that makes it frustrating. But I understand creating a test like this is difficult and it’s bound to happen

How is clinic going for everybody?

What are your schedules like?

How is clinic going for everybody?

What are your schedules like?

Days are split between short lecture series and then clinic in the afternoon. Really like the pass/fail aspect of this year's curriculum now....seem more relaxed and def more fun!! At the moment, we doing mostly ortho/castings/imagining/ and a few surgical aspects of the field!

Days are split between short lecture series and then clinic in the afternoon. Really like the pass/fail aspect of this year's curriculum now....seem more relaxed and def more fun!! At the moment, we doing mostly ortho/castings/imagining/ and a few surgical aspects of the field!
Dang that’s awesome your classes are P/F, I wish ours were.

I’m seeing 7-10 pt a day, 50% alone not paired up. I’m just doing God’s work, so I enjoy it.

Doing injections, cutting nails and scrubbing wounds.

Last edited:
You guys had a class in radiology yet? We doing clinic stuff on it very soon, looking forward to it.

Also, how many externs you guys get to do at your programs (during 4th year)?

You guys had a class in radiology yet? We doing clinic stuff on it very soon, looking forward to it.

Radiology rotation is next week, but we look over xrays in clinic/hospitals. So the rotation is just how to do it and calculate blah blah.

We have had 3 radiology classes and we have a radiology rotation during 3rd year. We get up to 7 externships. I am doing 6, with one being during interviews.

We have had 3 radiology classes and we have a radiology rotation during 3rd year. We get up to 7 externships. I am doing 6, with one being during interviews.

That's pretty good. We get a capstone kind of training in radiology then the clerkship begins. I think around 5 externships; hoping to do a few back in NY.

AZpod gets 7 externships and we will have a total of 2 radiology classes (1 during the summer between 1st and 2nd year and the other one for 5 weeks before clinical rotations twice a week for 3 hrs).

Would any of you be interested in starting a student journal club thread here on sdn? I guess one person posts an article related to the profession and everyone else reads and talk about it..something like that :couchpotato:

I wanted to make an announcement!
So our professor recommended the book "Human Locomotion" by Michaud. It's not in pdf and was at least $60 everywhere online.
A student from my school e-mailed Michaud and he decided to lower the price on Amazon to $30 for a few weeks. I couldn't think of another way to tell various schools about this so please spread the word! I don't know if your schools mentioned this book to you but I think it would be valuable information throughout our careers.

Hope the externships match went well with everyone!!

Wondering if anyone read about this:

Wondering if anyone read about this:

I read about it. It's interesting but I don't know if I would read too much into it. It was a company-funded study. I personally don't have much faith in the lead investigator. There are lots of products that initially had tons of hype and were supposed to “heal every wound in 1 application,” etc. But, we’ll see.

I read about it. It's interesting but I don't know if I would read too much into it. It was a company-funded study. I personally don't have much faith in the lead investigator. There are lots of products that initially had tons of hype and were supposed to “heal every wound in 1 application,” etc. But, we’ll see.

Yeah, I hope it's good as they describe it, but we'll see.
It was good to see a DPM article being mentioned on Medscape, though :cool:

This is an extremely weird situation for both students and programs. This year more than ever will be important to visit programs.
I hope that schools are willing to cancel your “home” rotations and allow you to spend a week or more at programs which you missed due to this whole situation. For the time being just enjoy time with your families and be safe.

Looks like I will be home for the month of May too. We are doing some video cases and lectures, but it definitely does not compare to being in clinic and surgery. I can feel my clinical skill and knowledge base atrophying. On a positive note, Nintendo Switch comes in on Friday.

Reactions: 4 users
Any of y’all started studying for part 2 written? What are you using? I started a week ago doing some BV questions and casually reading through Crozier. I will probably go through Watkins after.

Any of y’all started studying for part 2 written? What are you using? I started a week ago doing some BV questions and casually reading through Crozier. I will probably go through Watkins after.

@J29622 @Sweatshirt any advice? :)

I'm only going through Watkins for now, might be following this guys advice if time permits (also waiting to hear from friends from 2020):

I’ll start studying the week before probably to be honest. Probably use BV, Crozier and Watkins. Heard that it’s pretty straightforward.

I've been doing some Board Vital Questions every day for the past month or so, just to chip away at the 1500 questions, because I know as it gets closer to January I'm going to get lazier and more burnt out from being on the road for externships. I plan to also use PRISM+ and Crozer. But to be honest, not too worried for it.

Hey guys!
What has been your school's plans with CSPE thus far? Heard of a lot of people cancelling and getting a refund for the time being but also have talked to a few that just want to get the exam over with before residency. Curious on your experiences.