Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a lot of sports med coming out so What I do Is video the case and slow it down unless I can hear the lameness and it's obvious. I'm pretty good at reading the body as well. Usually if chronic progression there's some atrophy of muscles on the lame side and hypertrophy of the other. Not always but I've spotted that before even looking at the feet. Just tired of being told by folks that did internships that I'll just be a burden coming out. Hearing folks here has helped.Lol I think I tubed a total of 1 colic solo before I got out of school. It hasn't been a problem. Granted I did alot of equine work before vet school. You don't need an internship to be comfortable doing colics in a gp setting. We regularly see colics and it's pretty easy. Either theyre surgical or surgery is a potential so we ship them down the road. Or they're not sx candidates so we keep them and do our best and hopefully they'll live.🤷♀️ I would say if anything lameness and pre-purchase exams take the most finesse but if you have enough eq rotations even picking up lameness isn't a huge deal

