Class of 2024... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody else keep having navle stress dreams?
Sometimes they're stressful dreams that I failed, and sometimes they're happy dreams that I passed (which then become stressful when I wake up lol)

Members don't see this ad.

My ICVA dashboard just updated to “yes” on the score report!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine still says no report
Yeah, it sounds like there's something wonky going on - the NAVLE results thread in the Vet subforum has people who were able to see their score report, but it didn't have their name, and now it sounds like no one can access theirs. I haven't looked to see if I can't see mine anymore - I downloaded it and all the identifying info on it was correct so :shrug:

Yeah, it sounds like there's something wonky going on - the NAVLE results thread in the Vet subforum has people who were able to see their score report, but it didn't have their name, and now it sounds like no one can access theirs. I haven't looked to see if I can't see mine anymore - I downloaded it and all the identifying info on it was correct so :shrug:
Some classmates got results with other people's names on it. Someone on my rotation also had a random name on the first page and a different name on the second page. They pulled the results for everyone on my rotation at least.

Not sure how ICVA screws up publishing the scores when the exam closed over a month ago. :rofl:

We started vet school in Covid, so it tracks that something would mess up our NAVLE scores 😂 class of 2024, most resilient class ever

Reactions: 5 users
My dean said she got an email saying everything was fine, still can't get in 😕 like @RightMeow! Said how do you screw up this bad if any of us fail they need to comp our 700 bucks

Reactions: 1 users
I heard that something similar occurred last year around this time with NAVLE scores

like an email saying they resolved the issue?
Yeah but I think she may have read the email wrong. It's a hectic time school wise so I'm not blaming her 😅. This has been a cluster class F. The school is offering to play for zuku or vet prep though if folks didn't pass which is nice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah but I think she may have read the email wrong. It's a hectic time school wise so I'm not blaming her 😅. This has been a cluster class F. The school is offering to play for zuku or vet prep though if folks didn't pass which is nice.
that is extremely generous of your school. ours has said.. absolutely nothing lol 😂 not even sure they know scores came out today hahaha

Yeah apparently they notified the schools but only mentioned the "technical issue" and didn't actually elaborate on the **** show that happened

Schools are notified when scores are sent out and they get a copy of the list. However, that's the extent of the info they get.

My school sent an email out indicating that they're completely oblivious to the situation :thinkies:
My school sent out an email stating that they were aware of the issue, sorry for the added stress, and assuring us that the college officials are "not happy" and that the "ICVA will feel the heat". Good to know someone has our back :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
My school sent out an email stating that they were aware of the issue, sorry for the added stress, and assuring us that the college officials are "not happy" and that the "ICVA will feel the heat". Good to know someone has our back :rofl:
The one my school sent out was probably just a copy/paste standard "scores are out" one, that's what it read like.

Where you at? Sounds like a great school

So do we think they'll actually come out by 5:00pm today?

Where you at? Sounds like a great school
I'm at Oregon State. Honestly my overall experience here has been great. Everyone from the faculty to the house officers to the technicians to my classmates have been wonderful. The administration has been very responsive to concerns and have made several adjustments when my class has brought up issues. To the point that one of our first year professors is no longer teaching. It took multiple years of complaints about her, but our class finally had a serious sit-down with the dean and aired all of our grievances (with proof), and she was finally removed from all student-teaching duties (she's still tenured, but solely does research now). That was the only faculty member I ever had real issues with, and no class after ours will have to deal with her again.

Everyone else has been great to work with and truly wants to see you succeed. We have a rock-solid student advocacy group made up of everyone from students to technicians to faculty that do a great job and really take it seriously. One of the techs involved in the group said that if we're ever on campus for more than 16-18 hours in a 24 hours period to email her and she will personally tell our clinician that we need to go home, and if they have a problem with it, they can take it up with the student advocacy group. I'm not personally aware of anyone needing to take her up on that, but I fully believe she would do it. Lots of little things like that really make the difference. The school is not perfect by any means and there's lots of improvements that still need to happen, but there's enough effort and changes happening that it feels like they genuinely care rather than just appeasing us with empty words. It wasn't my first choice school, but now in 4th year, I can't imagine ending up anywhere else!

(even if they have not sent an email saying that scores were released)