Cornell c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's a sticky thread called "What are my chances?". Here is the link: What are my chances?. People there are great with giving feedback. Just specify which schools you are interested. Just a thought. I would email you my stats but I don't like putting my information out there. Other than having top grades and high GRE scores, I was (am!) really well-rounded, have a diverse background, and have participated in a wide array of activities (not just vet med). I am not sure if this is something they looked at, but I think it definitely set me apart. One of the things I appreciated about Cornell was that they really seemed to look at the whole applicant rather than just scores. You can use your essays to set you apart as well. But check out that thread :).
Thank you! I will check it out!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Update: will be calling first thing tomorrow to decline my offer and stay with OSU. Cornell is a wonderful school and it was a terribly difficult decision but I have to go with my gut and stick with the cheaper option. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!! Someone will definitely be getting a call tomorrow

I'm really struggling with deciding between the two. I thought I liked PBL a lot at first and felt it matched my learning style really well, but I've since heard a lot of negative things about PBL that make me question whether it would be a good fit or not.[
Update: will be calling first thing tomorrow to decline my offer and stay with OSU. Cornell is a wonderful school and it was a terribly difficult decision but I have to go with my gut and stick with the cheaper option. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!! Someone will definitely be getting a call tomorrow

yay we'll be classmates! what was the final decision maker, the cost ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yay we'll be classmates! what was the final decision maker, the cost ?
Yes! Cost and location. If I were conservative for undergrad, I likely would have gone to Penn or Cornell for vet school. BUT I went to PSU as an OOS student (eek.....expensive) so I'm thinking future me will thank current me for this decision.

I got my phone call today! I'm crying I'm so happy. I'm going to Cornell!

Reactions: 4 users
I got my phone call today! I'm crying I'm so happy. I'm going to Cornell!
I'm glad to hear they are still calling people. I will continue to not take my eyes off my phone. Any idea how many people they've pulled off so far?

I got called off the OOS alternate list today. I'm contemplating the offer but still leaning to my IS school.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call! I'm going to Cornell!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Whoooo!!! It's so awesome to see so many people accepted! Hoping it's my turn soon :xf:

Losing hope as an alternate :(
E-mailed Jennifer Mailey today. She says the class is still a work in progress, and that they will be in touch in the next week or so, so I think we should still have hope! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Keep the hope alive, guys! I had given up, but got called yesterday!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys

I see several of you made into Cornell so yayyyy you!
Would love some advice on the Cornell essays

I feel like the circumstances worked against you Q and the one about overcoming challenge are so similar and wondered if anyone had any advice ?

Hey guys

I see several of you made into Cornell so yayyyy you!
Would love some advice on the Cornell essays

I feel like the circumstances worked against you Q and the one about overcoming challenge are so similar and wondered if anyone had any advice ?
My best advice would be to pick completely different circumstances that highlight unique qualities in you that made you who you are today and that distinguish you from other applicants. I used a variety of instances in my answers (they must have liked them, as I was accepted!).

We are bringing Dr. Underwood to Cornell on the 3rd of October to talk about being a vet in the Army. It will be at lunch time, location pending hope you can make it out!

I had my heart set on Davis from the start and I've been accepted. I love their curriculum and all the opportunities it would allot me. I'm lab animal focused and the bay area is great for that and Davis offers a lab animal focus within the small animal track.
Whoops. Wrong year nvm.