Cornell c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't gotten one, either. I wonder if they send them in blocks based on last name or status (accepted/alternate/denied). Tracking page hasn't updated yet, either- was thinking there'd be a link show up right before the email, but that I'd need the email with the pin to access it.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email! It has a link to the portal with a PIN and the decision is in the portal
Waitlisted OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email! It has a link to the portal with a PIN and the decision is in the portal
Waitlisted OOS

congrats! nothing here for me yet which is probably not a good sign.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the email and was rejected congrats to everyone that got in or waitlisted

Waitlisted OOS... after this week I will take it lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

well I guess i'm not doing anything for the next hour or so while I constantly refresh my email

Reactions: 5 users
congrats! nothing here for me yet which is probably not a good sign.

There is still hope! It may take some time to send the all the emails out because we are assigned with individual PINs! Best of luck!!

Finally got it. Congratulations to everyone who is accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

ahhh just received mine (10:54am)...rejected :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. OOS. Congrats to everyone that got accepted and wait listed. Good luck to everyone! Maybe ill catch you on another board

Rejected but I guess I'm not too surprised. Congrats to all the accepted/waitlisted people!

Rejected OOS. Not a surprise, but still a bummer to read. Good luck to everyone on the waiting list!

Alternate OOS! I'll take it :) Anyone have any idea if there's a decent chance for OOS alternates based on previous years?

Alternate OOS! I'll take it :) Anyone have any idea if there's a decent chance for OOS alternates based on previous years?

Based on what I read in last years threads, there's a decent chance because some of the OOS accepted students get accepted to their in state schools and choose to go there instead, so don't give up yet!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected IS. Also go there for undergrad. Definitely hurts but congrats to all those accepted and waitlisted! The OOS waitlist definitely moves a lot :)

Rejected OOS, got the email at 10:30. Congrats to those who got acceptances and good luck to those who are on the wait list. It'll be interesting to see what they have to say when I do a file review. I indentified some weaknesses, so it'd be interesting to see if they agree or if there are any I'm not aware of :p

Alternate OOS too. Does anyone know if there are things that we can do to better our chances of acceptance (besides attending the recommended information session)? Or do we just have to wait and hope?

Rejected, oh well. I placed an IV cathader solo yesterday so still proud of myself :) Congrats to all moving forward!! :hardy:

Same here. Not looking like I'll be accepted elsewhere. Looks like I'm gunna look for a gap year!
I'm in the same boat as you, you're definitely not alone! A gap year just might be a blessing in disguise :)

I'm in the same boat as you, you're definitely not alone! A gap year just might be a blessing in disguise :)
Quite possibly! I'm also gunna go meet with Jen Mailey again. I've already met with her several times to discuss everything under the sun, so I'm hoping she can help me find some opportunities. My BF is a PhD student here so I'd like to stay in the area if possible.

Alternate OOS! How soon do they start pulling off the wait list?

Alternate OOS! After receiving 3 rejections in a row, this is such a breath of fresh air. I was beginning to wonder if I was kidding myself about being good enough to get in.

Alternate OOS too. Does anyone know if there are things that we can do to better our chances of acceptance (besides attending the recommended information session)? Or do we just have to wait and hope?
Does attending an info session actually increase our chances? It's a lot of money to travel to NY for an info session for a school that hasn't actually accepted me yet :p

Alternate OOs! It's more than I was expecting so I'm pretty excited :happy: Congrats to all that got accepted or waitlisted and everyone else, I've already taken a gap year myself to live in Asia for a year and it was amazing so take this as an opportunity!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Cornell will release your ranking on the alternate list if you call? I was also given alternate status (received my email right before my interview at OSU today and was too nervous to check :nailbiting:)

Rejected OOS. I have to say that Cornell has the nicest rejection letter. Congrats to all!

Rejected OOS. I have to say that Cornell has the nicest rejection letter. Congrats to all!
I thought the same exact thing! By far the nicest rejection I received so far, and I've gotten my fair share:rolleyes:

Right? Them and Washington State had the nicest letters. The rest were just like "no thanks bye" !

Does anyone know if Cornell will release your ranking on the alternate list if you call? I was also given alternate status (received my email right before my interview at OSU today and was too nervous to check :nailbiting:)
I would also like to know this. I'm probably going to call tomorrow since I have a few questions, but let me know if you find out. Congrats on the OSU interview! I'm sure you did great!

I would also like to know this. I'm probably going to call tomorrow since I have a few questions, but let me know if you find out. Congrats on the OSU interview! I'm sure you did great!

I am pretty sure they do not share your ranking. If someone could confirm this, that'd be great!

Has anyone been able to log into their account after they entered their pin? It isn't working anymore for me. Maybe it will be locked until later today since for those accepted it seemed to say we could go in on Jan 6 (so maybe after the school opens in the morning?).

My husband got orders to Connecticut (closest we could have hoped for), so I'm planning on accepting once we get our military stuff handled. :)

I know this was also asked above, but let us know if anyone finds out how to view our rank on the alternate list or if they don't release that info :)

Sad news everyone- I just called the office and was told they do not release our ranking on the alternate list or how many people are on the list. I was told we probably also won't hear anything until after the national acceptance day. Here's to a long few months of waiting!

Sad news everyone- I just called the office and was told they do not release our ranking on the alternate list or how many people are on the list. I was told we probably also won't hear anything until after the national acceptance day. Here's to a long few months of waiting!

Thank you for checking with them and sharing with us!
That's a little frustrating though. In the decision letter it sounds like they notify someone on the wait list right away if someone declines their offer. Now in this case I don't know if I should spend the money to go to the info session when I could use the money for an interview... I am kind of limited on how much money I could spend on traveling in total :smack:

Thank you for checking with them and sharing with us!
That's a little frustrating though. In the decision letter it sounds like they notify someone on the wait list right away if someone declines their offer. Now in this case I don't know if I should spend the money to go to the info session when I could use the money for an interview... I am kind of limited on how much money I could spend on traveling in total :smack:

I think that is definitely possible! I'm just also unsure how many people would decline this early, unfortunately (unless of course they've already been accepted into their IS). Last year it looks like the earliest someone on the forums received an OOS call was 4/14 (or at least the earliest I was able to find).

Rejected IS. Also go there for undergrad. Definitely hurts but congrats to all those accepted and waitlisted! The OOS waitlist definitely moves a lot :)
I went there for undergrad as well. This was my second time applying and rejected both years. Anyone who thinks Cornell undergrad students have an advantage are wrong :(, definately know how you feel!

Does attending an info session actually increase our chances? It's a lot of money to travel to NY for an info session for a school that hasn't actually accepted me yet :p
I'd say no. Because I attended about two of them and have been rejected two years in a row, but I also would say it doesn't hurt!

I went there for undergrad as well. This was my second time applying and rejected both years. Anyone who thinks Cornell undergrad students have an advantage are wrong :(, definately know how you feel!
Yeah it's really sad actually. I'm so involved on campus but it didn't help much, obviously :(

I am sorry!! That really sucks. Have you thought about maybe doing a file review and see what they are looking for in applicants?

I am sorry!! That really sucks. Have you thought about maybe doing a file review and see what they are looking for in applicants?
I did. They told me my GRE scores were too low. So I tried really hard to get them up and did improve but still not good enough unfortunately :(