Cornell c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to everyone who has heard so far, and if you haven't, don't worry! I'm a current first year and if anyone has any questions at all, feel free to PM me :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
So does anyone know when they send rejections? Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So does anyone know when they send rejections? Lol
And don't forget the possibility of being an alternate! The waitlist for Cornell has historically been very promising so don't lose hope just yet :)

The wait is killing me...I'll just keep telling myself it's because my last name starts with Z :p

So frustrating :(. Applied to 24 schools and still no acceptance. Only 3 left after this one. Fingers crossed

Have any OOS applicants received a call recently? I'm OOS and clinging to hope that calls are still going out.

The wait is killing me...I'll just keep telling myself it's because my last name starts with Z :p
Mine does too, still a very impatient person even after living my whole life with a Z last name hahah

Reactions: 1 users
Not that I'm being put on the alternate list, but I'd be interested in hearing from someone who got in off the list. I can't imagine it being very easy for an IS applicant to come off of it?

Not that I'm being put on the alternate list, but I'd be interested in hearing from someone who got in off the list. I can't imagine it being very easy for an IS applicant to come off of it?
I actually work with someone who got in off of the IS alternate list and is now attending. I may be contacting her soon (if I'm an alternate, which probably won't happen lol) and can let you know what she says! It's definitely harder for IS people though

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know until what time they will be making calls? I am yet to receive a call

has anyone that had the enrollment deposit section yesterday NOT gotten a call today? It seems like most/all did. I guess if stealthoscope is correct that calls will be over two days, i'll possibly hold out on some hope that only people that were being called today got that enrollment deposit thing added yesterday.

When I got a chance to check my tracking page yesterday they've already taken it down, so I did not benefit from the leak.. And now it looks like the torture will be 2-day long as I did not get a phone call today :nailbiting:

I got in OOS! Got denied at OSU, Purdue, and Florida. Waitlisted at Western. Cannot believe Cornell accepted me with a 3.56 GPA during my first time applying. Anyone know when they will send some sort of acceptance in writing? I have an irrational fear that they called me by mistake haha!

Reactions: 8 users
I got in OOS! Got denied at OSU, Purdue, and Florida. Waitlisted at Western. Cannot believe Cornell accepted me with a 3.56 GPA during my first time applying. Anyone know when they will send some sort of acceptance in writing? I have an irrational fear that they called me by mistake haha!

Should be within the next couple of days, whenever phone calls are done going out! I'd bet on Thursday since it sounds like the calls are going out over 2 days.

Oh you have no idea. I was 100% sure I wasn't going to get in. I really wanted to ask the lady that called if she was sure. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I love this! Congratulations! Is there something unique in your background--lots of hours with Manx? Haha

Anyone in the Ithaca area have ideas about housing? Not sure yet what my decision will be but I'd be moving sans husband (military) with two quiet dogs under 10lb. Not averse to buying

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone gotten any calls this morning? I was just wondering if today they are still calling about acceptances.

I got the phone call yesterday late in the afternoon.

It put my dreams to shame.

OOS, 1st time applicant, enrollment deposit showed the day before.

Pro tip: make sure you're not holding a fractious and incredibly sick cat when you answer the phone. It gets tricky.

in case anyone was wondering, i just e-mailed admissions asking if calls go on for multiple days, because i have no shame

but hopefully they'll be too busy making phone calls to answer my e-mail. or they might just ignore it...

Reactions: 5 users
in case anyone was wondering, i just e-mailed admissions asking if calls go on for multiple days, because i have no shame

but hopefully they'll be too busy making phone calls to answer my e-mail. or they might just ignore it...

Have no shame. Jennifer Mailey is an incredibly nice lady

Reactions: 2 users
Have no shame. Jennifer Mailey is an incredibly nice lady
haha yeah we've been e-mailing back and forth for a while about various things (we needed to go through all of my classes to make sure pre-reqs were all good bc quarter system sucks)

They actually don't really let on that calls are a thing, even though everyone knows. If you ask, the response will usually be that everyone gets emailed during the first week of January.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

They actually don't really let on that calls are a thing, even though everyone knows. If you ask, the response will usually be that everyone gets emailed during the first week of January.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
yeah it seems that they're just ignoring the e-mail haha! i figured they wouldn't really want to divulge too much!

So I guess they aren't doing calls today:/ ugh, they need to just send the emails out lol

So I guess they aren't doing calls today:/ ugh, they need to just send the emails out lol

LOL that's exactly how I feel! Just send me the rejection NOW so I can move on with my life :D

Reactions: 4 users
My guess would be that they are going to send emails to everyone tomorrow with an acceptance/waitlist/rejection decision

Can't wait for this suspense to finally be over =)

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Just wanted to say congrats to those who have been accepted. I am the healthcare recruiter for the Army in Syracuse, NY and Cornell is one of the main schools I work with. If anyone is interested in the scholarship for vet school let me know! We have at least two get accepted for this scholarship every year from Cornell!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if any acceptance notifications are still going out? Or are 2017 applicants basically looking for a rejection letter at this point...?

Does anyone know if any acceptance notifications are still going out? Or are 2017 applicants basically looking for a rejection letter at this point...?

Nobody reported getting an acceptance call today so I'm assuming they all went out yesterday. Everyone should be getting an email soon letting you know if you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

Hey hey heyyyy. We can still be alternates!!!

Rejection or alternate, most likely tomorrow AM. Alternates still have a decent shot, especially OOS as people get accepted to their IS school (if they have one...).

Hey hey heyyyy. We can still be alternates!!!
Well...here's hoping.
6/7 schools have rejected my application thusfar. An 'alternate' status would really do wonders for my funk right now.:(

Reactions: 2 users
On the call yesterday they said that emails/letters should be sent out tomorrow or Friday, I'm assuming it'll be all of them.

Starting to read these forums truly was the worst decision of my life. Anxiety level 1,000,000. Congrats to everyone who received a call though!!

Starting to read these forums truly was the worst decision of my life. Anxiety level 1,000,000. Congrats to everyone who received a call though!!
I know those feels. In some way it helps...at least you KNOW what's happening instead of being in the dark. In other ways it is incredibly stressful!

Nobody reported getting an acceptance call today so I'm assuming they all went out yesterday. Everyone should be getting an email soon letting you know if you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

Congrats to everyone that got in, I was refreshing this thread periodically and it was really nice to see all the celebration going on :)

Last edited:
Emails have been sent out!

maybe it was only sent out to people that were accepted so far? I haven't gotten anything