You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell c/o 2021 Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So does anyone know when they send rejections? Lol
So does anyone know when they send rejections? Lol
I think tomorrow or the next day would be a safe bet. Via email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And don't forget the possibility of being an alternate! The waitlist for Cornell has historically been very promising so don't lose hope just yet 🙂So does anyone know when they send rejections? Lol
The wait is killing me...I'll just keep telling myself it's because my last name starts with Z 😛
where did you hear that?And someone else said they might be calling tomorrow too.
Have any OOS applicants received a call recently? I'm OOS and clinging to hope that calls are still going out.
where did you hear that?
Earlier in this thread, from a past applicant
Mine does too, still a very impatient person even after living my whole life with a Z last name hahahThe wait is killing me...I'll just keep telling myself it's because my last name starts with Z 😛
Not that I'm being put on the alternate list, but I'd be interested in hearing from someone who got in off the list. I can't imagine it being very easy for an IS applicant to come off of it?
I actually work with someone who got in off of the IS alternate list and is now attending. I may be contacting her soon (if I'm an alternate, which probably won't happen lol) and can let you know what she says! It's definitely harder for IS people thoughNot that I'm being put on the alternate list, but I'd be interested in hearing from someone who got in off the list. I can't imagine it being very easy for an IS applicant to come off of it?
Last name starts with an R...I feel your pain.Mine does too, still a very impatient person even after living my whole life with a Z last name hahah
I am pretty certain phone calls will be over two days 🙂Earlier in this thread, from a past applicant
does anyone know until what time they will be making calls? I am yet to receive a call
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone that had the enrollment deposit section yesterday NOT gotten a call today? It seems like most/all did. I guess if stealthoscope is correct that calls will be over two days, i'll possibly hold out on some hope that only people that were being called today got that enrollment deposit thing added yesterday.
I got in OOS! Got denied at OSU, Purdue, and Florida. Waitlisted at Western. Cannot believe Cornell accepted me with a 3.56 GPA during my first time applying. Anyone know when they will send some sort of acceptance in writing? I have an irrational fear that they called me by mistake haha!
I got in OOS! Got denied at OSU, Purdue, and Florida. Waitlisted at Western. Cannot believe Cornell accepted me with a 3.56 GPA during my first time applying. Anyone know when they will send some sort of acceptance in writing? I have an irrational fear that they called me by mistake haha!
Should be within the next couple of days, whenever phone calls are done going out! I'd bet on Thursday since it sounds like the calls are going out over 2 days.
I got in OOS! Got denied at OSU, Purdue, and Florida. Waitlisted at Western. Cannot believe Cornell accepted me with a 3.56 GPA during my first time applying. Anyone know when they will send some sort of acceptance in writing? I have an irrational fear that they called me by mistake haha!
Oh you have no idea. I was 100% sure I wasn't going to get in. I really wanted to ask the lady that called if she was sure. Haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I love this! Congratulations! Is there something unique in your background--lots of hours with Manx? HahaI got in OOS! Got denied at OSU, Purdue, and Florida. Waitlisted at Western. Cannot believe Cornell accepted me with a 3.56 GPA during my first time applying. Anyone know when they will send some sort of acceptance in writing? I have an irrational fear that they called me by mistake haha!
Anyone in the Ithaca area have ideas about housing? Not sure yet what my decision will be but I'd be moving sans husband (military) with two quiet dogs under 10lb. Not averse to buying
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got the phone call yesterday late in the afternoon.
It put my dreams to shame.
OOS, 1st time applicant, enrollment deposit showed the day before.
Pro tip: make sure you're not holding a fractious and incredibly sick cat when you answer the phone. It gets tricky.
It put my dreams to shame.
OOS, 1st time applicant, enrollment deposit showed the day before.
Pro tip: make sure you're not holding a fractious and incredibly sick cat when you answer the phone. It gets tricky.
in case anyone was wondering, i just e-mailed admissions asking if calls go on for multiple days, because i have no shame
but hopefully they'll be too busy making phone calls to answer my e-mail. or they might just ignore it...
Have no shame. Jennifer Mailey is an incredibly nice lady
haha yeah we've been e-mailing back and forth for a while about various things (we needed to go through all of my classes to make sure pre-reqs were all good bc quarter system sucks)Have no shame. Jennifer Mailey is an incredibly nice lady
They actually don't really let on that calls are a thing, even though everyone knows. If you ask, the response will usually be that everyone gets emailed during the first week of January.in case anyone was wondering, i just e-mailed admissions asking if calls go on for multiple days, because i have no shame
but hopefully they'll be too busy making phone calls to answer my e-mail. or they might just ignore it...
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
yeah it seems that they're just ignoring the e-mail haha! i figured they wouldn't really want to divulge too much!They actually don't really let on that calls are a thing, even though everyone knows. If you ask, the response will usually be that everyone gets emailed during the first week of January.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
So I guess they aren't doing calls today:/ ugh, they need to just send the emails out lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I guess they aren't doing calls today:/ ugh, they need to just send the emails out lol
LOL that's exactly how I feel! Just send me the rejection NOW so I can move on with my life 😀
anything ??LOL that's exactly how I feel! Just send me the rejection NOW so I can move on with my life 😀
My guess would be that they are going to send emails to everyone tomorrow with an acceptance/waitlist/rejection decision
anything ??
Yea we will probably hear tomorrow when then send out all the emails. I don't think they called today.
Just wanted to say congrats to those who have been accepted. I am the healthcare recruiter for the Army in Syracuse, NY and Cornell is one of the main schools I work with. If anyone is interested in the scholarship for vet school let me know! We have at least two get accepted for this scholarship every year from Cornell!
Does anyone know if any acceptance notifications are still going out? Or are 2017 applicants basically looking for a rejection letter at this point...?
Does anyone know if any acceptance notifications are still going out? Or are 2017 applicants basically looking for a rejection letter at this point...?
Nobody reported getting an acceptance call today so I'm assuming they all went out yesterday. Everyone should be getting an email soon letting you know if you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected.
Does anyone know if any acceptance notifications are still going out? Or are 2017 applicants basically looking for a rejection letter at this point...?
Hey hey heyyyy. We can still be alternates!!!
Does anyone know if any acceptance notifications are still going out? Or are 2017 applicants basically looking for a rejection letter at this point...?
Rejection or alternate, most likely tomorrow AM. Alternates still have a decent shot, especially OOS as people get accepted to their IS school (if they have one...).
Well...here's hoping.Hey hey heyyyy. We can still be alternates!!!
6/7 schools have rejected my application thusfar. An 'alternate' status would really do wonders for my funk right now.🙁
Starting to read these forums truly was the worst decision of my life. Anxiety level 1,000,000. Congrats to everyone who received a call though!!
I know those feels. In some way it helps...at least you KNOW what's happening instead of being in the dark. In other ways it is incredibly stressful!Starting to read these forums truly was the worst decision of my life. Anxiety level 1,000,000. Congrats to everyone who received a call though!!
Nobody reported getting an acceptance call today so I'm assuming they all went out yesterday. Everyone should be getting an email soon letting you know if you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected.
Congrats to everyone that got in, I was refreshing this thread periodically and it was really nice to see all the celebration going on 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emails have been sent out!
What time did they send them?
9:48am. The email has a link to the tracking page and includes a pin number to access the letter.What time did they send them?