This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone started hearing anything about housing? Or is that a later issue

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone started hearing anything about housing? Or is that a later issue
So once the class is finalized, you will all be added to an e-mail listserv and will start being bombarded with emails about available housing from upperclassmen. I also heard that someone in my class made a Facebook group for you guys, and a lot of people coordinate there as well! It probably is a bit early to think about housing, as a lot of people in my class are still deciding their housing situations and not everyone in your class has committed and paid the deposit yet. I signed my lease for my house in late March, and that was considered early :) But if you plan on living alone, you can definitely start looking around online if you want!

Reactions: 1 users
So once the class is finalized, you will all be added to an e-mail listserv and will start being bombarded with emails about available housing from upperclassmen. I also heard that someone in my class made a Facebook group for you guys, and a lot of people coordinate there as well! It probably is a bit early to think about housing, as a lot of people in my class are still deciding their housing situations and not everyone in your class has committed and paid the deposit yet. I signed my lease for my house in late March, and that was considered early :) But if you plan on living alone, you can definitely start looking around online if you want!

Awesome thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I know someone asked this earlier but before this years info sessions so i just wanted to ask again from people who have been this year... attire? Was is pretty casual? Can i wear jeans and a sweater? I’m spending some time in the city before/after ithaca and I’m hoping to do carry on so if I can get away with not packing dress pants and a blazer I would really like that haha.
Thanks!! :D

Hey guys! I know someone asked this earlier but before this years info sessions so i just wanted to ask again from people who have been this year... attire? Was is pretty casual? Can i wear jeans and a sweater? I’m spending some time in the city before/after ithaca and I’m hoping to do carry on so if I can get away with not packing dress pants and a blazer I would really like that haha.
Some people wore ripped jeans and sweatshirts, I would definitely recommend wearing nice jeans or khakis and a nice top though:)

Reactions: 1 user
Casual or comfortable or both :) I wore a buttondown flannel, nice jeans, and boots (for the weather) and there is a coat rack. If you come to the savma sale grebes, i'll be there :) (look for the red hair!)

Hello! Can anyone shed some light on the transferring to Cornell? I was denied this cycle but I would like to see if I can transfer after a year instead of re-applying. Does anyone know if this rout is more or less competitive or plausible? Thank you!

Hello! Can anyone shed some light on the transferring to Cornell? I was denied this cycle but I would like to see if I can transfer after a year instead of re-applying. Does anyone know if this rout is more or less competitive or plausible? Thank you!
Here is a link for all of that info.
Transfer Students

Does anyone know when the waitlist starts to move? Id imagine its soon since a lot of other schools are releasing decisions at the end of February. Going a tad stir crazy lol

Does anyone know when the waitlist starts to move? Id imagine its soon since a lot of other schools are releasing decisions at the end of February. Going a tad stir crazy lol
I believe the list really starts moving after the acceptance date. I've known people who were taken off of the list though as late as July.

I don't know a lot about the process, but I think it really varies year to year because it totally depends on the number of spots available in a class. So if one class has a few people drop out due to health reasons, etc (like mine, unfortunately), then you are more likely to be able to transfer into that class than a class that had zero drop outs. I do know of a current third year who transferred in but there's no one else that I know of. So to be honest, I really wouldn't bank on being able to transfer because there's no way to predict how many spots there will be

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! just wondering if anyone knows if a facebook group has been made, and if so could someone link to it? Thanks!

I took myself off of the waitlist, hopefully it'll help someone else get the spot (not that I expected to be called off of the list). Good luck to all of you still on the waitlist!

Anyone heard off the waitlist yet? OOS?
I'm on the OOS waitlist also and haven't heard anything but I did email the office a few weeks ago to ask how we would hear if we were to get pulled from it and she said 1. they call you if youre accepted from the waitlist but 2. "we don't normally start making alternate offers till the middle of April"

I'm on the OOS waitlist also and haven't heard anything but I did email the office a few weeks ago to ask how we would hear if we were to get pulled from it and she said 1. they call you if youre accepted from the waitlist but 2. "we don't normally start making alternate offers till the middle of April"
have you already put a deposit down somewhere? I'm trying to decide how last minute I should leave it to try to possibly save a deposit.... I hear MSU won't make any waitlist calls till after the deadline... not sure if Cornell is like this... if they are then I may as well get it out of the way now... but if i might get a call then I'm tempted to wait till April 14th....

have you already put a deposit down somewhere? I'm trying to decide how last minute I should leave it to try to possibly save a deposit.... I hear MSU won't make any waitlist calls till after the deadline... not sure if Cornell is like this... if they are then I may as well get it out of the way now... but if i might get a call then I'm tempted to wait till April 14th....
I haven't put a deposit anywhere else, I wanted to wait right until the deadline to see if there's movement on any waitlists first :(

does anyone know anything about cornells pet discounts for dvm students?

does anyone know anything about cornells pet discounts for dvm students?
There is a 20% discount applied to most procedures and most clinicians will find a way to discount the exam even though its +/- technically covered depending on service. Medications and lab work is usually not discounted. If it's something minor that doesn't require Rx like you just want an opinion about something it's usually done off service. For ER after hours you may need to call back the next day and have charges adjusted although that may have changed now that we've converted our computer system. Rx diets are available at very low cost from our warehouse with a submitted Rx.

I've got two special needs dogs so I can probably answer more specific questions about specialty care than primary care. I actually usually take mine to a primary care office in Freeville.

i just missed a call from jennifer mailey. she left a message for me to call her back and i did but she didnt pick up so i left her a message :dead::nailbiting::dead::nailbiting::dead:

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
i just got in :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i love penn, but its very hard to turn cornell down
i have until tomorrow to make a decision
im pretty sure that i will choose penn, but i need to sleep on it

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
i just got in :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i love penn, but its very hard to turn cornell down
i have until tomorrow to make a decision
im pretty sure that i will choose penn, but i need to sleep on it

I had the same thing happen! She called me Apr 14 a few days after I had picked Penn, and I ended up declining Cornell. Do what makes the most sense for you :) For me in the end they are both fantastic schools and I didn't feel like Ithaca was the right place for me. Maybe I'll see you at Penn!

Reactions: 2 users
I had the same thing happen! She called me Apr 14 a few days after I had picked Penn, and I ended up declining Cornell. Do what makes the most sense for you :) For me in the end they are both fantastic schools and I didn't feel like Ithaca was the right place for me. Maybe I'll see you at Penn!
just called back and declined my spot.
looking forward to meeting you in the fall!

Hi! For anyone who is getting in off the waitlist, congrats!!! I'm starting my residency at Cornell in July and am looking for a roommate to fill my second bedroom in a condo about 8min from the vet school. Sorry, no more cats/dogs (I'm only allowed two per the condo assoc and I have two cats already). Pocket pets and small exotics/fish would be okay. If you need housing, DM me!

Last edited:
Hi all! congrats to everyone! I'm an incoming student and am beginning to think about housing, I know it might be a bit early but I'm a Canadian so once my visa application starts I can't go to the states till school starts so to look at places/meet people I think I should start early :) I'm hoping to maybe find an upper year students/someone that already has a place lined up. I have a medium size dog, she's quiet (no barking at all) and gets along well with other animals (she is shy, likes friendly cats and low-key dogs, nothing too wild cause she will be scared of them lol - I'd be happy to bring her for a visit to meet other pets etc. if there are any concerns [before my visa stuff gets going]). I will be 25 this year, female, quiet, outdoorsy, clean, I'd say easy to get along with. Mostly concerned about finding somewhere clean, quiet, and good for my dog. Let me know if you know of anything

I just got in off the OOS waitlist! Turned my spot down though as I go into my instate. Soooo hard to turn down though!

Just got off the OOS waitlist as well!!!!!!!!

I accepted my offer and I’m so excited!

Does anyone know if we have a Facebook group or anything yet? Or if there’s been a lot of info for housing?

Feel free to DM me. :) I know this is late, but I didn't want to say much until I had been through the process!

I still have a TCard with like $20 on it (TCAT is the local bus system in Ithaca) - does anyone already up there or headed up there need it? PM me and I'd be happy to send it to you.