-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell c/o 2023 applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have all of you who have gotten emails been waitlisted IS?
OOS waitlist!!! I’ll take it!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
Same here. I hope we don’t have to wait until Monday to see our final decision.
IS denied. Good luck to those accepted and waitlisted !
ChasingDVM2023
Iowa State co 2023 :)
OOS waitlist!! Does anyone know if Cornell ranks their waitlist/if we can find out where we are on that list??
Vetmedhopeful
Full Member
OOS denied. Congrats to those that received acceptance and waitlist!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Havent gotten an email yet :/
CanadatoUS2019
Full Member
Havent gotten an email yet :/
Neither have I
OOS rejected. Congratulations to everyone accepted and waitlisted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS alternate! I didn't get any info on rankings either.
People are getting waitlisted and denied and I have gotten .... nothing thus far lol.
shunshine16
Full Member
People are getting waitlisted and denied and I have gotten .... nothing thus far lol.
I haven’t heard anything either!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
CanadatoUS2019
Full Member
I always thought they would have a button they press that sends out all rejection emails at once, and all waitlist emails at once. I guess not.
Any of you that haven't heard apply for the dual degree program?
Not meI always thought they would have a button they press that sends out all rejection emails at once, and all waitlist emails at once. I guess not.
Any of you that haven't heard apply for the dual degree program?
IS denied. Is anyone set on reapplication already? I see the value in applying in the next cycle. I am also tempted just to go to any school that takes me at this point.
IS rejection and I'm an undergrad at Cornell. Very sad and shocked but I guess we shall move on.
OOS alternate! This was my moonshot school so I'm happy with that!
IS denied. Is anyone set on reapplication already? I see the value in applying in the next cycle. I am also tempted just to go to any school that takes me at this point.
Literally me[emoji23]
IS denied. Is anyone set on reapplication already? I see the value in applying in the next cycle. I am also tempted just to go to any school that takes me at this point.
Not sure why you wouldn't... There is no reason to apply to other schools if you dont intend to go should it be the only place you are accepted to.. Apply because you want to go 🙂Literally me[emoji23]
I'm just saying its a debate between the cost efficiency of attending (or attempting to) your IS school versus accepting the higher cost point of other choices. Well heres' to hoping I ace my interviews! 🙂Not sure why you wouldn't... There is no reason to apply to other schools if you dont intend to go should it be the only place you are accepted to.. Apply because you want to go 🙂
That was me as well my first cycle. It’s very frustrating. I’m here if you want to chat!IS rejection and I'm an undergrad at Cornell. Very sad and shocked but I guess we shall move on.
OOS rejected. Well I thought here I had a decent chance. Lower last 45 really comes back to bite you in the butt!
I'm just saying its a debate between the cost efficiency of attending (or attempting to) your IS school versus accepting the higher cost point of other choices. Well heres' to hoping I ace my interviews! 🙂
I have no IS so I’m a lucky duck![emoji28]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CanadatoUS2019
Full Member
Rejected. But accepted to the RVC
Of course, graduating a year earlier means 1 more year of salary, Cornell IS tuition is not significantly lower than other OOS tuition, and not to mention most places are going to have a lower cost of living than Ithaca...I'm just saying its a debate between the cost efficiency of attending (or attempting to) your IS school versus accepting the higher cost point of other choices. Well heres' to hoping I ace my interviews! 🙂
Anyways goodluck! Everything happens for a reason!
OOS rejected from Cornell.
Congrats to everyone accepted and waitlisted! I know of plenty people in my class who were on the waitlist 🙂 and for those rejected, don’t give up! I was rejected my first cycle and just kept working hard to improve and was accepted the second time. If anyone has questions about reapplying or anything about the school let me know!
IS accepted!
anyone who got waitlisted keep having an error page pop up when you try to submit that you’d like to remain on the alternate list on the document tracking page?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
yes, it's happening for me tooanyone who got waitlisted keep having an error page pop up when you try to submit that you’d like to remain on the alternate list on the document tracking page?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mine says that as well, but if I exit the page and then re-open the link, it still has my decision saved so I can't tell if it's actually saving! I'll probably call them on Monday if there's still an issueanyone who got waitlisted keep having an error page pop up when you try to submit that you’d like to remain on the alternate list on the document tracking page?
Also, my tracking page says i'm missing advanced life sciences, but i used my upper division animal physiology with lab course to fill that.... so i'm confused as to why it apparently doesn't count? not sure if it was maybe an oversight? or do i have to take a class this semester (which i was not planning on doing....)?
anyone else missing prerecs that they thought they filled?
anyone else missing prerecs that they thought they filled?
I would email them and ask. I used my 400 level animal physiology course and it shows that I have met the requirement.Also, my tracking page says i'm missing advanced life sciences, but i used my upper division animal physiology with lab course to fill that.... so i'm confused as to why it apparently doesn't count? not sure if it was maybe an oversight? or do i have to take a class this semester (which i was not planning on doing....)?
anyone else missing prerecs that they thought they filled?
I would email them and ask. I used my 400 level animal physiology course and it shows that I have met the requirement.
I just emailed them. It fills everything outlined in VMCAS and online.
Now I just have to wait until Monday.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Happened to me twice now - being there as an undergrad doesn't seem to make a difference. Heavy involvement in the state and other important factors don't seem to matter much either. At the end of the day it's gonna be your GPA and GRE scores that lead them to their final decision.IS rejection and I'm an undergrad at Cornell. Very sad and shocked but I guess we shall move on.
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I'm so sorry Shelter 🙁 Hope you get good news from your other interviews!!!Happened to me twice now - being there as an undergrad doesn't seem to make a difference. Heavy involvement in the state and other important factors don't seem to matter much either. At the end of the day it's gonna be your GPA and GRE scores that lead them to their final decision.
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Happened to me twice now - being there as an undergrad doesn't seem to make a difference. Heavy involvement in the state and other important factors don't seem to matter much either. At the end of the day it's gonna be your GPA and GRE scores that lead them to their final decision.
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I’m so sorry shelter 🙁 🙁 🙁
Good luck with your interviews!!! If you end up at kstate, we should hang out in KC when im there!!
So sorry 🙁Happened to me twice now - being there as an undergrad doesn't seem to make a difference. Heavy involvement in the state and other important factors don't seem to matter much either. At the end of the day it's gonna be your GPA and GRE scores that lead them to their final decision.
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I know how hard you've worked over the past few years and you really deserved to get in, but I'm confident you will end up where you're supposed to be! I also heard this year had an insanely large number of applicants. Keep me posted here or on FB about your other interviews!🙂
OOS rejected. A bummer for me but excited for everyone else. It’s very cliche, but a vet I work for reminded me everything happens for a reason and that we will get in where and when it’s meant to be.