Cornell University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
don't mind me, just sitting here like-

LET ME INNNNN.gif

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
OOS acceptance!!!! They called me at 10:40 with an Ithaca number! I cried!! I figured I wouldn’t get in after my CSU rejection this am but I am SO EXCITED!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
What are you guys last name sorry this is the only thing that keeps me sane at this point

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance!!!! They called me at 10:40 with an Ithaca number! I cried!! I figured I wouldn’t get in after my CSU rejection this am but I am SO EXCITED!!
Also my stats: 3.65 overall GPA w 3.77 Science GPA.
-Won Best Student Presenter at the World Marine Mammal Conference in 2019
-research hours: 1,000+
-Vet: Small animal: 700 hours
- 45 hours volunteering at horse farm
-I have been a medical intern at a shelter for two years.
-Worked as a duck care taker.
- Had jobs as orientation leader, TREK leader.
-President of animal rescue club at UVM

Reactions: 1 users
This gives me a glimmer of hope after receiving my CSU rejection :lol:

Congrats everyone ❤️ Hope you choose Cornell! I’ll remember the moment I got the call for the rest of my life lol

(I just want to add that up until I got accepted to Cornell I was waitlisted at a school and rejected for an interview at another, so don’t lose hope!!)

• Care
Missed a call from Ithaca, but they didn’t leave a message! Is that bad??

Missed a call from Ithaca, but they didn’t leave a message! Is that bad??
Call it back! It’s probably them, mine also had an Ithaca caller ID

and just like i predicted yesterday, i received a phone call about 4 minutes ago, answered it with tears filling my eyes, just to hear “hello we are calling today about your auto warranty policy....”

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling doubtful, Ive gotten nothing but rejections so far

• Sad
Does anyone know if they’re also emailing rejections today/tomorrow. It’s still early so I’m staying to stay sane.

I know that there is still time but I haven't heard anything yet and I can't help but already feel like I got rejected 😟 😥

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I know that there is still time but I haven't heard anything yet and I can't help but already feel like I got rejected 😟 😥
Positive thoughts! I'm sure they have a lot of calls yet to make! Keep your head up! We got this!

• Care
I feel like I'm going to throw up waiting for them to call me

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone’s document tracking page been updated yet?

my anxiety is through the roof. And I don’t usually experience anxiety.

Has anyone’s document tracking page been updated yet?

my anxiety is through the roof. And I don’t usually experience anxiety.
They said in the phone call that tracking page will be updated in a couple days. And no my tracking page didn't change at all today.

Just got the call at 1:27pm EST! IS acceptance!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how many people they accept? I think the class size is 110 but do they overaccept?

and just like i predicted yesterday, i received a phone call about 4 minutes ago, answered it with tears filling my eyes, just to hear “hello we are calling today about your auto warranty policy....”
Omg I got the same call... it was from a number in PA...

They usually over accept a little and there's always the waitlist which will be in the email on Wednesday, in previous year people are pretty lucky about moving off the waitlist.
Does anyone know how many people they accept? I think the class size is 110 but do they overaccept?

for those who have been accepted what’s your stats/experience?

They usually over accept a little and there's always the waitlist which will be in the email on Wednesday, in previous year people are pretty lucky about moving off the waitlist.
Wow I wouldn't expect a lot of waitlist movement with a school like Cornell!

Wow I wouldn't expect a lot of waitlist movement with a school like Cornell!
I most probably will decline my offer...It really is an expensive school, in an expensive region too.

Thats why there's movement, and oos applicants are stuck with oos tuition all four years no establishing
I most probably will decline my offer...It really is an expensive school, in an expensive region too.

Just got the acceptance call for Cornell and I almost cried!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone received a call yet on the West Coast? Aka PST?

Just got an OOS acceptance call while walking home from work and catching up on WW 😅

I didn’t know what to think when I saw a call from Ithaca! lmao kinda assumed it would be a telemarketer just to mess with my head.

ETA stats for anyone wondering
- 4.0 GPA, 15 scholarships/academic awards
- 1900 h animal experience with (in order of most to least) cats, horses, wildlife, poultry, goats, and dogs
- 560 h research
- only 270 (now 330) h veterinary experience, mostly equine
- 180 h other volunteering
- 1600 h extracurriculars (club pres and sports mostly)
- 600 h other employment (lab TA, fast food)

Last edited:
  • Love
I've given up hope

Me too. I just want an email now because I don’t think I can wait two days knowing what’s coming in that email😥
Same. I just wish they’d send denial emails. I expected a denial but waiting all day with the idea that I may possibly get a phone call and then not getting one was kind of rough. Now knowing I’ll have to open an email a couple days from now reminding me again that I’m rejected is just sucky

Reactions: 2 users
Same. I just wish they’d send denial emails. I expected a denial but waiting all day with the idea that I may possibly get a phone call and then not getting one was kind of rough. Now knowing I’ll have to open an email a couple days from now reminding me again that I’m rejected is just sucky
Well to be fair it's not 5:00 yet!

I have officially lost hope. gg Cornell