Cornell University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven’t heard anything:( here’s to hoping for a spot on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
They are still calling, guys! OOS acceptance!!!
Do you mind me asking what your stats are? I've seen you around some of the same threads for potential schools that I also applied to.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind me asking what your stats are? I've seen you around some of the same threads for potential schools that I also applied to.
For sure! And good luck to you, I've seen you around a lot too!! I'm a non-trad applicant and my undergrad GPA was ~3.2, but I've taken two years of a post-bacc to try and bring that up, so just bear in mind that my application reflected a very strong upward trend in my grades.

Cumulative GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.3
Last 45 GPA: 4.0
Cornell Pre-Req GPA: 3.95 (my pre-req GPA varies by school but ranges from 3.8-4.0)
GRE: 161/163/5.5
Vet hours: ~6,000
Animal hours: ~2,000

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
For sure! And good luck to you, I've seen you around a lot too!! I'm a non-trad applicant and my undergrad GPA was ~3.2, but I've taken two years of a post-bacc to try and bring that up, so just bear in mind that my application reflected a very strong upward trend in my grades.

Cornell Pre-Req GPA: 3.95 (my pre-req GPA varies by school but ranges from 3.8-4.0)
Mine is currently 3.5 for my masters and and post-bacc pre-req do-overs. That’s also my most recent 45. But if you combine that with my undergrad my overall is a 2.9. I’m hoping the schools appreciate my upward trend. Went from a 2.7 in undergrad to a 3.5 while working full time. Maybe if they took you, they miiiight want me too?? My stats are still low for most schools though. 😭

Reactions: 1 user
Like, chestnut pony mare doesn't like it or...big fat bay been there done that doesn't like it? lol
Like disgruntled little bay mare that is currently dealing with cold PA weather after she has happily spent the last three winters at college in SC... although I may be projecting a bit :laugh:

Like disgruntled little bay mare that is currently dealing with cold PA weather after she has happily spent the last three winters at college in SC... although I may be projecting a bit :laugh:
haha I'm in MA so cold is definitely relative but my grey princess loved the snow. Cold not so much but a little snow and she'd stand outside like the ice queen and smile at it lol

Thank you so much for taking the time to show us your stats. I have a very similar gpa for undergrad, but my last 45/68 unit gpa is about a 3.5 and my vet hours are also a bit lower. Although I am not doing a post-bacc, this definitely gives me hope for applying next year because my last 45 will be a 4.0. Also, did you calculate your Cornell pre-req gpa or did they actually provide that?

My stats are below if you guys want it for reference, I’m an international student went to US for college:
GPA 3.82
Research 1700+ hours
Animal 850+
Volunteer 300+
Vet exp 2300+ (general practice, ER, and exotics)

• Care
Thank you so much for taking the time to show us your stats. I have a very similar gpa for undergrad, but my last 45/68 unit gpa is about a 3.5 and my vet hours are also a bit lower. Although I am not doing a post-bacc, this definitely gives me hope for applying next year because my last 45 will be a 4.0. Also, did you calculate your Cornell pre-req gpa or did they actually provide that?
No, I just made a giant excel spreadsheet and calculated my pre-req GPA for every school I applied to because I wanted to know exactly where I stood... it may have been a little extra/neurotic lol but it gave me peace of mind

Have any IS candidates heard back? OR does anyone know when those will be called?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any IS candidates heard back? OR does anyone know when those will be called?
someone in the APVMA group on FB said it's multiple people making calls simultaneously from both lists.

Does anybody else find it disheartening that they don’t update our tracking pages before calling with acceptances?

Reactions: 7 users
Did you guys submit your Dean's Certification with your application or were you waiting for an acceptance first?

Did you guys submit your Dean's Certification with your application or were you waiting for an acceptance first?
I didn't have to because I graduated undergrad in 2005, they put in a waiver/note for me.
I haven't gotten an acceptance though.

I have not yet because I was waiting for an acceptance. I’ll be doing that ASAP but I’m not too worried since we have until March to submit it.

Anyone know about how long after they do the calls they end up updating the portal? Hoping to get on the waitlist since I haven't heard anything :lol:

I'm freaking out - I got a call from Cornell, never went through to my phone because of the nonexistent cell service at my job, voicemail later loaded saying they were calling from Cornell. I tried calling back immediately, which was three hours ago, and haven't heard anything back. Does this mean I got in?! Holy crap.

Reactions: 3 users
What else schools are you guys still waiting to hear from.
Waiting on Penn, Iowa, Wisconsin. Interview offers from Minnesota and Ohio. Accepted by Oregon. I guess still waiting on Cornell too although I've lost hope now.

do you mind me asking your stats?
Sure!
ETA stats:
- 3.98 GPA
- 1500 h animal experience (boarding facility, volunteering at shelters, etc.)
- 200 h research
- 1100 h veterinary experience in small animal, ~100 h in exotics, & ~15 in equine
- 180 h other volunteering
- Extracurriculars include volleyball, environmental & pre-vet club, AED & BBB, among others
- 600 h other employment (Resident Assistant on campus)

Waiting on Tufts & NC State. Interview offers from UT, Ohio, Auburn, and Edinburgh. Accepted at LSU and Cornell

Did anyone get a call from a 919 number? I missed a call about a half hour ago from one but they didn’t leave a voicemail and when I tried to call back it said the call couldn’t be completed... most likely not someone from Cornell but figured I’d check...
was it Cornell? I got a call from 919 number today too but I missed it

Waiting on Penn, NC State, UGA, and Wisconsin. I have an interview at Auburn as well.

Waiting on Penn, NC State, UGA, and Wisconsin. I have an interview at Auburn as well.
Any idea on when these schools will release their results? Im waiting on them as well..

Got an "interview" to Michigan and an interview to ohio. So I should be grateful but the young child in me that wanted to go to cornell is quite upset today. 2nd time applying as well. Hoping for the waitlist.

Congrats to everyone getting acceptance calls today!! Hopefully the added anxiety of waiting makes it that much more exciting!!

Do You think they’re still calling people? Or is it over?
Last night some people were posting they got calls as late as like 9pm...but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: 2 users
Any idea on when these schools will release their results? Im waiting on them as well..
Yep! So I actually applied to all of them but Wisconsin last year as a junior so I can give exact dates just gotta pull up my email lol. Penn sends out interview invites in waves, usually on Fridays 3 weeks out from the interview date (also Fridays). I was emailed January 17th last year and interviewed February 7th, I want to say that was the 5th of 7 or 8 interview dates for them, and I got rejected the Monday afterwards (although it can take up to a week to hear back, I just have a talent for putting my foot in my mouth so I guess they knew right away :X3:). UGA sent out letters February 28th last year which was early as they originally said early March. Not sure how long NC State will take with their increase in applicants, I heard back in December last cycle so your guess is as good as mine. I'm pretty sure Wisconsin emailed that they'd let us know in late March.

Waiting on Tufts, Western, Cornell, Midwestern (on waitlist to interview), and LMU

It didn't seem like very many IS people posted in here (I'm OOS), but felt like I noticed a lot more OOS

OOS accepted peeps, where are you from?
I'm from Massachusetts and went to UMass Amherst!

• Love
my most favorite vet in the whole world took that path and went to Cornell. He met his wife there. They're both amazing doctors. You won't regret your time there if you go!

• Love
I'm from NJ and currently attending the University of Delaware. I actually almost went to UMass, but opted to be closer to home!

So I got my acceptance call while I was in the shower. I have never jumped out of the shower with conditioner in my hair to pick up a professional phone call while naked faster in my life.

I am so, so grateful my boyfriend and I both got accepted. Can't believe it's happening this way!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users
IS Acceptance Here! Received my call at 1:22 pm EST yesterday. Has anyone who has been accepted received an official acceptance letter via email yet?

So I got my acceptance call while I was in the shower. I have never jumped out of the shower with conditioner in my hair to pick up a professional phone call while naked faster in my life.

I am so, so grateful my boyfriend and I both got accepted. Can't believe it's happening this way!
congratulations to you both!

• Love

I’m interviewing with Michigan, OSU, LIU, and Purdue this week. I interviewed with Saskatchewan so I’m waiting on their decision. I really want to go to Sydney but I’m on their waitlist. Accepted to Cornell and Melbourne

I'm from NJ and currently attending the University of Delaware. I actually almost went to UMass, but opted to be closer to home!
Cool! I knew a lot of people at UMass that are from NJ.

What time was that at? Also congrats!