Cornell University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s almost 5.. should I give up hope or do we think they’ll call more people tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s almost 5.. should I give up hope or do we think they’ll call more people tomorrow
I feel like I haven’t seen too many people who’ve gotten accepted. Then again not everyone may be posting about it

Members don't see this ad :)
I JUST GOT THE CALL AT 5:40PM OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!!! actually sobbing at work right now

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Did anyone get a call from a 919 number? I missed a call about a half hour ago from one but they didn’t leave a voicemail and when I tried to call back it said the call couldn’t be completed... most likely not someone from Cornell but figured I’d check...

Reactions: 1 user
Im drinking lemon drops and watching tik toks to ease my internal war

Reactions: 3 users
IS acceptance at 2:00pm! I was told that they’ll continue to call tomorrow! Don’t lose hope!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this would be like a double whammy of denied after colorado this am

Reactions: 9 users
IS acceptance at 3:45pm EST! I was called from a NJ number.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thank the lord <3

And for those of you who have gotten accepted, are you going to accept the offer or reject it and for what reason?
IS acceptance at 2:00pm! I was told that they’ll continue to call tomorrow! Don’t lose hope!!

I just saw on Facebook that someone literally just got a call so I wouldn’t give up hope quite yet!

• Wow
My boyfriend got accepted!!! OOS, last name starts with J, received two missed calls from Ithaca no voicemail he called back at 9 and got the results! I'm setting aside all worry for my own results for sheer joy over him getting into his first choice school.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Funniest thing was he mentioned getting some weird scam calls at the end of our lengthy conversation. I was like, uh, what's the area code? And he said "I don't know, I think New Jersey." I had to make him check. Seeing it was from Ithaca gave him enough incentive to call back. If I hadn't questioned him, he would never have checked that call lol

• Haha
OOS 1st time applicant acceptance at around 11:00am CST!!!! I haven't been keeping updated with SDN so I was in complete shock when I got the phone call. I was called from an ithaca number!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS 1st time applicant acceptance at around 11:00EST!!!! I haven't been keeping updated with SDN so I was in complete shock when I got the phone call. I was called from a 640 number!
Oh damn that's kinda late! Haha :lol:

OOS 1st time applicant acceptance at around 11:00am CST!!!! I haven't been keeping updated with SDN so I was in complete shock when I got the phone call. I was called from an ithaca number!
do you mind me asking your stats?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS acceptance at 1:00 PM EST! Crazy excited to meet some of you in the fall possibly!

• Love
I have not, but one can hope!

QUOTE="sophacles, post: 22415417, member: 1068386"]
Anybody getting calls this morning?
[/QUOTE]

Do you think we'll get any calls today or was last night it.

Fearing the inevitable, I have decided to (mentally) reject Cornell first so that they can’t reject me.
58166667-6D47-4DE1-B478-0369D45F13BF.jpeg
My reasons:
1. NY is really cold
2. Like REALLY heckin’ cold
3. I do not like the cold
4. My mare does not like the cold

TA-DA! Totally over it... :cryi:

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Funniest thing was he mentioned getting some weird scam calls at the end of our lengthy conversation. I was like, uh, what's the area code? And he said "I don't know, I think New Jersey." I had to make him check. Seeing it was from Ithaca gave him enough incentive to call back. If I hadn't questioned him, he would never have checked that call lol
Just want to throw it out there that with the pandemic, a lot of people are working remotely and may be calling from their cell phones, so don't be too surprised if the number is blocked or not an Ithaca number.

I think that if there are like 10 people making calls (which is like the average number of people in admissions?) then all of them would get a random list of like 15ish people to call with the acceptance

I think that if there are like 10 people making calls (which is like the average number of people in admissions?) then all of them would get a random list of like 15ish people to call with the acceptance
So you think they finished yesterday?

I can't say with certainty, no, but I think 15 calls in a day seems doable? I was just trying to run the numbers
Yeah especially if they were calling until 9pm for some folks. I’ve pretty much lost hope until I either get a call or see someone post about one

Yeah especially if they were calling until 9pm for some folks. I’ve pretty much lost hope until I either get a call or see someone post about one
To be fair, my boyfriend didn't receive a call that late. He called the person back and they happened to pick up

I can't say with certainty, no, but I think 15 calls in a day seems doable? I was just trying to run the numbers
Someone posted in here yesterday that they were told there would also be calls going out today, so there may still be some staff who didn’t finish or make their calls yesterday!

Maybe they lost a page of people to call and 15-20 people will have their hopes and dreams confirmed

• Care
I saw someone posted in a previous year‘s forum that they didn’t receive their call until 6pm on the second day because their caller had a meeting all day. I’m pretty sure the callers are just told to make their calls at some point over the 2-day period, and many of them probably have other things going on that they have to finish before they can make their calls. It’s going to be ok!! We’ll get our answers soon enough❤️

I saw someone posted in a previous year‘s forum that they didn’t receive their call until 6pm on the second day because their caller had a meeting all day. I’m pretty sure the callers are just told to make their calls at some point over the 2-day period, and many of them probably have other things going on that they have to finish before they can make their calls. It’s going to be ok!! We’ll get our answers soon enough❤️
This is accurate.

They are still calling, guys! OOS acceptance!!!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Someone posted in here yesterday that they were told there would also be calls going out today, so there may still be some staff who didn’t finish or make their calls yesterday!
My boyfriend also mentioned his caller said something about making more calls tomorrow.
Edit: by tomorrow I now mean today lol

Reactions: 1 users
Fearing the inevitable, I have decided to (mentally) reject Cornell first so that they can’t reject me. View attachment 326588My reasons:
1. NY is really cold
2. Like REALLY heckin’ cold
3. I do not like the cold
4. My mare does not like the cold

TA-DA! Totally over it... :cryi:
Like, chestnut pony mare doesn't like it or...big fat bay been there done that doesn't like it? lol

I got 2 calls from a Utica number this morning that I'm 99% positive were spam. I am going to call admissions but I'm gonna feel like a bonehead so be prepared for me tears people lol

Updated to add: the number belonged to a woman who died 2 years ago, definitely spam. sigh.

Last edited:
  • Care