This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice when choosing between two schools? I have recently been accepted at both Creighton and Miami and I can't decide which to choose!

It would be very helpful if anyone could provide some of the pros/cons of either school from personal experience if possible! What kind of clinical experiences can I expect to have, lecture style, research, examples of opportunities that have come about because of the school, etc. Sports PT is big for me, so any potential opportunities in this field would be enticing to me.

Tuition cost comes out to be about the same since I received a scholarship from Creighton.

As far as location goes, I'm from the Midwest and have lived here my whole life, so all of my family and friends would be closer if I chose Creighton. On the other hand, moving down to Miami is appealing for the much warmer weather and likely more going on in/around the city compared to Omaha, NE.

Any kind of input/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I live in Miami right now and attend undergrad here at UM. I got accepted to Miami but just wanted to go somewhere new. I love Miami. I come from a small town in central Florida but I have loved my time in Miami. For example, I spent this Saturday at the beach in Key Biscayne and then on Sunday I went on an airboat ride in the Everglades. The city and weather and culture are so diverse and I love that about the city. It is expensive to live here which is one of the reasons I didn't want to say. But if money is not a problem, Miami is for you. The professors are amazing and the amount of hospitals/ internship locations we have are amazing. For instance, just within a 10 mile radius there is South Miami, Baptist Health, Jackson Memorial, UMiami Health, Veterans Affairs, etc. hospitals. We are even building another small hospital right now on campus.

All I know is that I have a friend who is either graduating this year, or graduated last year from University of Miami's PT program and although I haven't talked to him much, it seemed like he really enjoyed the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any advice when choosing between two schools? I have recently been accepted at both Creighton and Miami and I can't decide which to choose!

It would be very helpful if anyone could provide some of the pros/cons of either school from personal experience if possible! What kind of clinical experiences can I expect to have, lecture style, research, examples of opportunities that have come about because of the school, etc. Sports PT is big for me, so any potential opportunities in this field would be enticing to me.

Tuition cost comes out to be about the same since I received a scholarship from Creighton.

As far as location goes, I'm from the Midwest and have lived here my whole life, so all of my family and friends would be closer if I chose Creighton. On the other hand, moving down to Miami is appealing for the much warmer weather and likely more going on in/around the city compared to Omaha, NE.

Any kind of input/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Honestly, if you got a scholarship to Creighton you should jump on it. Tuition may come out to be the same, but the cost of living in Miami is way higher. You don't have to pay a scholarship, but you will definitely have to pay back those loans you take out for Miami. You'll end up saving LOTS of money with your scholarship and plus you'll be closer to home for when you have breaks. Go for Creighton!

Disclosure: I'm a UM grad, I only briefly scanned your post, and this is my first thought.

If you're intent in living/working in the Midwest after graduation, you could see it two ways. 1. Go to Creighton. You'll likely have the ability to network and build good relationships with other professionals in the area. Think longterm. Or 2. Think short term and go to UM. Enjoy the experience of living in a crazy (good and bad crazy) city for a few years.

Personally, I'd say go to Creighton. Go to Miami on vacation.

If you decide otherwise, bienvenido a Miami!