CSU Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, apparently they sent out rejections on Friday as well. I had convinced myself that I would not be terribly disappointed if I did not get in this year since I know there was (at least one) weakness in the application, but I guess you can't control your emotions sometimes! I am beyond disappointed. I am IS, by the way, and this was the only school I applied to. At least the suspense is over.

The biggest problem is that I am now filled with so much self doubt that I will ever get in! Hopefully that will pass in a few days so I can move into action on improving my application for next year!

But before I go, congratulations to everyone getting the GOOD letter today!!! and good luck to everyone still waiting!!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

This is my third time applying (IS), and I really feel for you guys who got bad news. I've received 6 rejections myself over the last three years. Just believe in yourself and the path you've chosen, and keep strengthening your app every year. :love:

gone2dogs, I know the feeling - it was the same way for me last year. Only applied to my IS school and basically didn't expect to get in, even after getting an interview which I also didn't expect. I had myself convinced that it wouldn't be a big deal, but it was. I don't recommend my method of coping - retail therapy, it isn't for the light of heart (or pocketbook!) :laugh:

Really though, that self-doubt never really goes away, especially once you've already experienced it, but it will lessen. Try to go out and find/do something that you're really good at, once you feel up to it. For me, it helped a lot. Good luck whenever you choose to apply again. :luck:

Also congratulations to bamboovet, I always love seeing reapplicants finally make it in. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So, acceptances via email, snail mail bad??? Not that it matters, but just want to know if I should get excited if I get an email from them, or dread the lack thereof.

I wasn't too anxious at all so far...but this week it is starting. I'm even reading threads on here I care less about just becuase. Argh.:eek:

According to the three IS people that posted on the Acceptance thread, they all got their acceptance letter via snail mail, so I don't think getting a letter in the mail necessarily means you got in or you didn't (hopefully)

I see that now. Living in FL- maybe by Friday. Dear God, now I have to start stalking.

The snail mail is going to the permanent address, right? Not the current address... Hum. Better give my dad a heads up to keep a lookout.;)

Last edited:
really? Why do they ask for a current address if they are just going to use your permanent one! Ugh so frustrating!

Maybe they're assuming permanent=live at home during breaks, so they send it to where they think you'll be right now?

According to the three IS people that posted on the Acceptance thread, they all got their acceptance letter via snail mail, so I don't think getting a letter in the mail necessarily means you got in or you didn't (hopefully)

I recieved an acceptance letter via sail mail on the 12th, but a friend of mine from one of my classes who also applied received a rejection letter via snail mail on the 12th...so it looks like they are sending everything out via regular mail this year. Hope this helps!

Have only IS people heard so far? I wonder if they send out OOS state stuff at the same time?

Thanks CBRGrl, that does help, now I don't have to dread opening a letter from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has any OOS applicant heard about acceptances or rejections yet???? I'm going crazy!!!

FL- not yet. I'm thinking by Friday???

I know it'll be a rejection letter, but I still cling to miniscule amounts of hope anyway.

So maybe they haven't sent word to OOS yet??

I can't imagine why they would notify IS but not OOS if they're just doing accept/reject letters.

I'm in IL and no news yet...

So maybe they haven't sent word to OOS yet??

I can't imagine why they would notify IS but not OOS if they're just doing accept/reject letters.

I'm in IL and no news yet...

Maybe they are just sending them out in waves? First IS then OOS . . who knows.

Nothing in Texas yet, I hope we hear from them this week! :xf:

Or maybe it's because the mail takes longer to travel out of the state....of course people living in Colorado are going to get their first....

Nothing in CA yet *even though I am currently in Nicaragua, I am told that no mail has come as of yet*

Do you know if they sent out rejections at the same time last year?

*insert Jeopardy music here*

The waiting continues in norcal...

Last edited:
When you say no news yet, have you gotten the mail yet today? (Just curious and eager to check the mailbox when the guy comes ~3:30pM EST)

I'm an OOS from Cali and I haven't gotten any snail mail yet...getting anxious though!

I'm IS and I still haven't heard, I'm starting to think the mail man is stealing my mail...

Here is what I know:

On Monday, my friend and I received our acceptance letters and we are in-state. My friends that did not get in received their rejection letters the same day, in-state. My letter was postmarked January 10th. I do not know about the out of state letters, I have not heard anything.

For those of you who have heard from CSU, were there any changes on your status page on the supplemental? And HUGE congrats to those accepted!!! :D I wish they'd send out those OOS letters already...I know it is a looooooooong shot but I am very impatient...

I checked my application status page and no, it did not change.

Since I am on campus I will let you know if I hear anything about OS letters. Best wishes that the letter of acceptance you are waiting for gets to you! We did have a snowstorm on Monday, so maybe that is the reason for the delay?

Oh no! After reading a few of these posts I am starting to think my letter is going to my mom's house, on the other side of the country (DC instead of CA). Omg, I seriously 1. do not want her to open it for me, and 2. do not want to wait a single extra minute to find out, good or bad...

Why, oh why, did I decide to actually put her address as my permanent address on that one application? Most of them I put my current address here in CA as my permanent... Don't know WHAT I was thinking!:laugh:

Oh no! After reading a few of these posts I am starting to think my letter is going to my mom's house, on the other side of the country (DC instead of CA). Omg, I seriously 1. do not want her to open it for me, and 2. do not want to wait a single extra minute to find out, good or bad...

Why, oh why, did I decide to actually put her address as my permanent address on that one application? Most of them I put my current address here in CA as my permanent... Don't know WHAT I was thinking!:laugh:

I'm in a similar situation (but reverse - permanent address in CA and mailing address on the East Coast) so I asked my parents to open it, not tell me what it says, scan it and email it to me. I agree, I don't know what I would do if I had to know it was in the mail from home to my mailing address (cross-country) without being able to open it, so hopefully this way I can still feel like I'm opening the letter...just via email?

It looks like last years OOS students were notified on the 14th via e-mail. Is there a reason to think acceptances/rejections will come by mail this year?

WOW!!! I woke up early this morning (my dog needed to go for a walk) and an offer of admission was in my inbox in my email . . I didn't even think I had a chance at CSU being OOS!! . . . maybe my dog is psychic!!

Yay! I got an email this morning too!
They said the letters were put in the mail yesterday.

Yay! I got an email this morning too!
They said the letters were put in the mail yesterday.

Does it mean that if we didn't get an email this morning, we are looking for a rejection letter in the mail? :(

Haha, I had to double check my email...just in case. AND I checked my spam box (again, just in case). Trying to be an optimist, CSU will likely keep several students on a wait list to fill spots that people do not take...those people may not hear anything right?

what about WICHE members? Any people from WICHE states heard anything yet?

Nothing here either. But I kenw I wasn't going to get in anyway. My GRE verbal sucks. One rejection down, 3 more to go.

I've been accepted to both Cornell and CSU, and have received interviews for Iowa, Washington, Purdue, and Missouri. Happy about the acceptances, but I would really like to settle in my home state (Florida). Not to fond of paying $50,000 a year for four years going to either CSU or Cornell, but we'll see what happens. I declined the interview to Iowa and accepted Missouri and Purdue, but not sure what to do with Washington State. I heard it's a great school but it would be rather expensive to accept all three interviews...still waiting on results from Auburn, Florida, Massey, and Oregon State.

So does anyone know about the orientation we have to go to? I have a feeling it will be like camp :)

So does anyone know about the orientation we have to go to? I have a feeling it will be like camp :)

It is a lot like camp. Although the food was better. Be sure to bring your own pillow - the ones there are *TERRIBLE*.

In previous years did CSU email acceptances to OOS and not email the rejections? That's the feeling I've gotten this year, but just wondering.
THANKS in advance

I was told by a mentor that CSU is mainly for large animal people. I didn't agree with that, but what does everyone else think?

oh, boo, no email :( oh well, shrug, maybe something will still come thru :xf::luck:

good luck to all of the rest of you who haven't heard yet....

... and a huge CONGRATS to those of you who've been accepted! I'm jealous!:D