CSU Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Baw, still nothing. Maybe I got rejected so badly, they didn't want to waste the ink. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think anyone got good news with this batch of letters... :(
Everyone I know that got letters today got rejected... any acceptances??

I don't know, I certainly didn't get any good news today. They made the envelope too thick too (oh I sound like a dork :rolleyes:). One page is enough to tell me it's a rejection letter, you don't need to include 2 or 3 extra pages of fluff just to get my hopes up... lol.

Oh and to answer my own question, it came to my current address. Here's hoping that other people are having some better luck, though it doesn't sound much like it.

:luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
They made the envelope too thick too (oh I sound like a dork :rolleyes:)

I agree!! For a second I thought I may have made the alternate list before I came crashing back to reality. lol

Current address east coast here in case anyone is still waiting.

BeeBee, SoxBox, CBRgirl, and QTkitty, thank you so much for the information! Do any of you mind if I pm you to ask a couple of questions?

Feel free to PM me also... I'm a 2nd year also.

Deceptively thick rejection envelope arrive today, east coast OOS...sign me up for club reject! :(

I agree!! For a second I thought I may have made the alternate list before I came crashing back to reality. lol

Current address east coast here in case anyone is still waiting.

Guilty as charged on the "hoping this rejection is actually a waitlist" front :laugh: Welcome to the club, EqSci!

Yeah Team Rejection! I knew I shouldn't have even wasted the money on this one because of the crappy OOS odds so I can't say I'm really all that surprised or disappointed.

I'm out too. But I really did like the info they provided- I thought it was sincere and very well developed handouts.

Sorry to hear about all the rejections today... selfishly I am happy to not be the only reject club member :oops:

And agreed... that envelope was thicker than necessary!

But congratulations once again to all who were accepted! I hope to follow you in next year!

Baw, still nothing. Maybe I got rejected so badly, they didn't want to waste the ink. :laugh:

Hahaha, HopefulAG, same here.. I received a rejection from WSU today but not from Colorado yet.. I'm guessing the mailman felt bad for me.. He knows I'm waiting for good news and he didn't want to dissapoint me by 2 rejections/day.. :laugh: I'm in the east coast by the way...

Got my rejection letter from CSU today (big surprize). :rolleyes:

I read in my old VMSAR (I think it was 2007) that CSU got 1000 OOS applicantions for 20 OOS spots. I wonder why CSU gets such a high percentage of OOS applicants as opposed to other schools? Is the prospect of not having to interview that appealing?

They were up to 1800 for this round, so I guess we've got lots of good company. My guess as to why is that they have a good rep, they don't have lots of crazy requirements, and they don't interview OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it's official, I got rejected. Nothing new or surprising there but it's hard not to feel a little disappointed.

So only A&M remains. Luckily I'm IS for them so I have a slightly better chance. *crosses fingers, toes, eyes, arms, ears, and legs*

Well, finally I got my "nice" rejection as well.. congrats to everyone who got in and who are on the alternate list! 2 more official rejections and 3 more schools to go..

So only A&M remains. Luckily I'm IS for them so I have a slightly better chance. *crosses fingers, toes, eyes, arms, ears, and legs*

You wouldn't happen to know when we should hear back from A&M do you? I'm hoping soon because I'm still missing two of their pre-reqs and want to get started on those ASAP if I'm lucky enough to be accepted!

Sure do. We'll hear back sometime around the middle of March.

You haven't finished the pre-reqs yet? You won't be accepted (except conditionally) without them. I think you have until the end of this semester to fulfill them but that'd only leave you like, a month and a half to do them if you just wait to hear back.

I don't know, I certainly didn't get any good news today. They made the envelope too thick too (oh I sound like a dork :rolleyes:). One page is enough to tell me it's a rejection letter, you don't need to include 2 or 3 extra pages of fluff just to get my hopes up... lol.

Oh and to answer my own question, it came to my current address. Here's hoping that other people are having some better luck, though it doesn't sound much like it.

:luck::luck::luck:

I felt exactly the same way!! I also got an OOS rejection letter yesterday, and didn't think it was really necessary to go into so much detail about all of the criteria that they didn't think I met!! :laugh: I also got my hopes up because it felt like more than just a rejection letter!

To be quite honest, I wasn't surprised at all and was almost relieved to finally have an answer, good or bad!

Best of luck to those on the alternate list and those who haven't heard anything yet! :luck:

I felt exactly the same way!! I also got an OOS rejection letter yesterday, and didn't think it was really necessary to go into so much detail about all of the criteria that they didn't think I met!!
I dunno. I found it interesting and it can be consulted if necessary on this next cycle.

Rejected likewise, as expected. I too was surprised at the thickness and likewise thought to myself that maybe I made the alternate list...alas, it is a cruel cruel world.

Sure do. We'll hear back sometime around the middle of March.

You haven't finished the pre-reqs yet? You won't be accepted (except conditionally) without them. I think you have until the end of this semester to fulfill them but that'd only leave you like, a month and a half to do them if you just wait to hear back.

Yeah, I believe I'd have until June or July so I've gotta get started!

I dunno. I found it interesting and it can be consulted if necessary on this next cycle.

[Aside to HopefulAg: I am in no way trying to be condescending or offensive here, so please don't take it that way! Tone is hard to convey in a post!:)]
Good point, but it would have been more interesting and useful if I hadn't already read it on their website... http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/cvmbs/admissions_overview.pdf ! I think I've read just about every page on their website (multiple times). Dumbly (apparently), I had actually read it last year and thought that it described me well, giving me the guts to apply this year when I knew intellectually that I should wait a year to get more experience. Sigh.

Just out of curiosity, have any WICHE people heard this year? It doesn't apply to me, but it seems like last year there were all sorts of various time lines for the different states but I hadn't heard anything about it this year. Just wondering!

Reporting from so cal...
I got my rejection letter just before I went to work yesterday. I saw the envelope and I was like "ok, small envelope, rejection letter," and I didn't even open it until after work. I was right....not that it was that big of a surprise. 1800 qualified applicants this year....what a crazy number!

btw, that extra 2 pages in there....no helpful information, in my opinion.

Just a quick question to those who have gotten letters....where do you guys live? I am in WV and have not heard a word yet (not that I am expecting any good news whatsoever). thanks!!!

Good point, but it would have been more interesting and useful if I hadn't already read it on their website... http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/cvmbs/admissions_overview.pdf !

I know you're not trying to be mean to anyone on here! I actually said the same thing to myself when I saw the extra pages - I was like, you really needed to print off 2 extra pages for the 1700 of us who didn't get in, instead of simply directing us to this information on the website. Oh well, waste of paper...just remember to recycle! ;) I guess if I hadn't read it multiple times already, then I guess I might have found it a little more enlightening.

btw, that extra 2 pages in there....no helpful information, in my opinion.

I don't think it was very helpful either, but I thought it was a very nice gesture for them to put in the effort, so it was more than just "go away you're rejected". I was impressed with my Minnesota rejection as well - I think it's nice that they take the time to explain that no, you aren't a loser (lol), there are just too many applicants.

I know someone that applied to med school and didn't even hear a thing from half of them. No confirmation of materials, no 'no thank you', nothing. I have to say I've been extremely impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of vet schools when it comes to this whole process!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if CSU requires students to buy laptops at the beginning of their curriculum? I was reading on some other threads (the Tablet Schools one particularly) that some schools require you to get a specific make and model of computer when you start vet school. Anyone know CSU's stance on this?

Reading that article do you think that the admissions committee truly followed that.. or well even closely??

I thought it was extremely interesting and surprising. Sorry :( my first time reading that.

Thanks... my hijack is over.

Just a quick question to those who have gotten letters....where do you guys live? I am in WV and have not heard a word yet (not that I am expecting any good news whatsoever). thanks!!!

I don't know if you got yours today but I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm in Oregon, which is seriously not that far away from Colorado! My Tufts letter got sent on a Friday and I received it on a Monday so I'm not sure what is taking so long, but I'd very much like the waiting to be over!

I got my rejection letter yesterday, im in MA. I was/am heartbroken even though I knew it was coming. I should be okay, I have already been accepted elsewhere but CSU was my dream school. I made an attempt after completing undergrad to move out there but all those plans fell through. I then had to remain in MA for personal reasons the following year, so was never able to move to achieve residency status. I love the program and everything I have heard. I love the state itself, and there are a lot of additional personal reasons I wanted to go there. I can tell all of the OOS applicants that were accepted are extraordinary students and definately deserve their acceptance. But there was a little piece of me hoping that maybe possibly I could squeeze by.

I apologize for my long winded lament. Best of luck to everyone at CSU, and those who are hoping to hear good news elsewhere :).

I don't know if you got yours today but I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm in Oregon, which is seriously not that far away from Colorado! My Tufts letter got sent on a Friday and I received it on a Monday so I'm not sure what is taking so long, but I'd very much like the waiting to be over!

Thanks for the info, Stick! Good luck!

Susiewaits, I am very sorry to hear of your unfortunate news especially with all of the reasons you have for wanting to go to CSU; I kinda feel that way with OSU, and I have heard nothing yet and it is killing me. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do wherever you may go.

Susiewaits, I am very sorry to hear of your unfortunate news especially with all of the reasons you have for wanting to go to CSU; I kinda feel that way with OSU, and I have heard nothing yet and it is killing me. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do wherever you may go.

thanks Smashley, maybe I will see you at OSU (ohio?) next year. :) best of luck, hope the news is good.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if CSU requires students to buy laptops at the beginning of their curriculum? I was reading on some other threads (the Tablet Schools one particularly) that some schools require you to get a specific make and model of computer when you start vet school. Anyone know CSU's stance on this?

They 'strongly recommend' a laptop, and they have a deal with Dell. But, you can use anything you want, although they don't support apple (although some students have them anyway). Here's the details - http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/PVMlaptops/index.htm

They 'strongly recommend' a laptop, and they have a deal with Dell. But, you can use anything you want, although they don't support apple (although some students have them anyway). Here's the details - http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/PVMlaptops/index.htm

Thanks for the info catlover! I wonder what the latitude tablet they offer is like...I've never had any experience with them but they look pretty useful.

Joining the rejection club, got mine in the mail the other day. I had mentally prepared myself pretty well, but let's face it, it still stung. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for CSU PVM 2013? :)

Does CSU tell you your position on the alternate list or does anyone know how long the waitlist is (about how many people) or how likely it is to get in off of the alternate list?
Thank you in advance!!

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for CSU PVM 2013? :)

I tried a search the other day, but came up empty! It would be nice to have if I move out there I am going to be needing a roommate who can tolerate animals and what better place to start.

Turned down my offer today so a spot should be opening up! Good luck!

StayingHopeful - i'm on the waiting list and it is ranked but they do not tell you what number you are. However, you can email them and they will give you a rough idea on where you stand and if the cut off for last year was before or after your spot on the waitlist. Hope that helps!

StayingHopeful - i'm on the waiting list and it is ranked but they do not tell you what number you are. However, you can email them and they will give you a rough idea on where you stand and if the cut off for last year was before or after your spot on the waitlist. Hope that helps!

OMG! They give you a rough idea? hmmm I might take advantage of this new information lol. I jsut thought they wouldn't tell youa anything at all, but if i have a rough idea it might chance whether i hold my breath or not... or wait to sign a lease at another location... hmm whom is the best person to email?

Just curious? Does CSU have a White Coat Ceremony? And if so, what year does it take place??
Thanks!:)

This appears to be the facebook group: CSU PVM Class of 2013.

I was a bit confused at first by "PVM" but I figured out that it stands for Professional Veterinary Medicine.

OMG! They give you a rough idea? hmmm I might take advantage of this new information lol. I jsut thought they wouldn't tell youa anything at all, but if i have a rough idea it might chance whether i hold my breath or not... or wait to sign a lease at another location... hmm whom is the best person to email?

StillDreaming - I was told that they tell you your relative position and had emailed to ask when I posted. I just heard back on Friday and they said that they have a new policy to no longer tell people (which is odd, because I was told by somebody that they found out their relative position earlierthis cycle). It can't hurt to try, but I wasn't given any new information.

Edit: Her email address is: [email protected]

Last edited: