This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZoeMarkson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

This thread has not been up regarding recent DAT score comparisons, so I figured I'd ask. I was wondering if anyone who has taken the DAT very recently (who also did Bootcamp) could tell me how their estimated scores/exam difficulty compared, especially on the PAT. My exam is in 10 days and I'm nervous that I will not get acceptable scores, though I have been studying since early May.

I know Ari says that you will get better with practice for the PAT, but I have scored only 17 & 18s on the 5 PAT full exams I have taken so far. I have reviewed them all thoroughly and used the generators every night, but the practice doesn't show in my full length exams.

I have ranged from 17-20 in all sections on DAT Bootcamp. I have read Feralis notes and did about half of Destroyer and watched all of Chad's videos. So if anyone has any extra advice geared to the recent DAT, it would be very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Here's my scores from the 5 tests compared to my actual DAT scores. I'd say its accurate for the most part. The only downside is for all their tests, Bootcamp will take questions directly from their unit tests instead of making new ones for the Full Length exams. That means my bio score is a bit inflated since I've seen those questions before. Bootcamp is a bit easier in orgo for some reason, especially test 4. Reading on the DAT is WAAAAAY easier.

EDIT: I took the DAT yesterday, recent enough I hope!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 8.16.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 8.16.31 AM.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,035
Last edited:
The average of your 5 FL tests is pretty accurate. I also took the BC tests twice so my practice scores are slightly inflated, but I still scored similarly to my averages.

Members don't see this ad :)
My actual DAT score was pretty much the average of all 5 DBC full-length practice tests, including PAT. It's an accurate estimator.

Don't worry about PAT the real thing is easier. I was only scoring 17-18 but did just fine.

Thank you everyone for replying! So, for the most part, all of you did the individual practice tests first and then did the 5 full length practice tests, and THOSE scores were similar to your real DAT. Or is it that the first time around was similar to your real DAT?

I scored higher on the real PAT than I did in any of the practices...my average PAT was like 17-18 with my highest being 20, and got 21 on the real thing. I hope that calms your worries a bit! In all the other sections my scores were either slightly higher or about equal to my boot camp practices...id guess that the post with all the data/graphs is still accurate.

Reactions: 1 user
The average of your 5 FL tests is pretty accurate. I also took the BC tests twice so my practice scores are slightly inflated, but I still scored similarly to my averages.
Would you mind sharing your scores for BC first and second attempt. I just want to compare them to my scores. Because my scores drastically improved when I took BC for the second time.
Thank you.

I just took DAT today 7/11 and did pretty decent, and I only used Kaplan and DAT Bootcamp as my resources so I think it would be helpful to give you a mini breakdown of the test today.
Overall, BC did a good job at estimating your scores, I even got higher than the average estimation from all 5 tests.
_Biology: I got 26 on the real thing and 22-24 avg on BC. To be honest, bio is the most random section in the whole DAT, you will do well if you get lucky the question is on top of your head. Of course, I got a bit lucky there to have the majority of the questions from Feralis's note (so the note is a big thumbs up IMO); some of them were not on top of my head (although I was so sure I read that in either Kaplan or Feralis's note). 2 or 3 questions were like the one on "Question of the day" webpage, where you have to integrate information.

_GChem/Ochem: I got 27 on both sections, and BC's avg were 25-ish. BC Ochem is very easy for me compared to real DAT that I just took (which was focus on synthesis more than BC). Gen chem was on par in term of difficulty but quite different in term of question types. On the test I took, there were barely calculation, maybe 5 at most, the rest were application that required you to integrate some stuffs, not just memorizing laws or definitions.
==> I got 30 mins to check the whole science section and eeny, meeny, miny, moe on 3 very easy questions that I could even remember during the test. SNS 26/30

_PAT (this is what you need): Please be cautious that the quality of the picture on real DAT maybe way worse than BC's picture (it was really blurry in some details that annoyed me so bad). Angle ranking, Hole punching, and Cube Counting had nothing really special compared to BC (if you practice everyday, you should be fine). TFE on DAT was a pain since the quality was horrible just like I said and the some objects were ridiculous lol, but with elimination, I got through it quite fast. Keyhole, a bit harder since they have more rock- type objects (unlike BC, decoy answer on my keyhole were quite easy to recognize, so again, elimination will help you for most of it. Pattern Folding had around 10/15 questions of the weird shape type, not that much real folding (but don't trust me on this, it was drew from a bank, so it depends on Karma XD). I got 23 on this, damn happy.
==> As long as you spend a bit of your time doing PAT, you 'll be set.

_RC: I really hate RC on BC, it was my least excited part of DAT for me. On the DAT, I couldn't believe the reading was that... nice after all the weird stuffs in PAT. The questions were in order, and I could even highlight the text, I just did as I read, got a tons of time to check again. I got 22, the lowest, but I felt like I was blessed, and kept mumbling how nice it was during the test, the proctor had to tap my shoulder and told me to be quite.

-QR: Got 25, nothing much to say except the real thing twists the wording a bit on some problem, making me confused a bit . The rest was pretty much universal since math is the common language for everyone.

Overall, I think BC is really good (and I'm not sponsored by BC by any mean), way better than the Kaplan (although I recommend reading the bio section because it gives you the foundation for bio, than Feralis's note helps you consolidate it. It did not get destroyer because I, myself, bought BC for only 10 days before my test day.

Anyway, good luck with your test, things may turn a bit unexpected but keep yourself calm (don't turn your ADHD mode on just like I did on science section as I thought about what I would eat after I get home , it's a big NO-NO)

I just took DAT today 7/11 and did pretty decent, and I only used Kaplan and DAT Bootcamp as my resources so I think it would be helpful to give you a mini breakdown of the test today.
Overall, BC did a good job at estimating your scores, I even got higher than the average estimation from all 5 tests.
_Biology: I got 26 on the real thing and 22-24 avg on BC. To be honest, bio is the most random section in the whole DAT, you will do well if you get lucky the question is on top of your head. Of course, I got a bit lucky there to have the majority of the questions from Feralis's note (so the note is a big thumbs up IMO); some of them were not on top of my head (although I was so sure I read that in either Kaplan or Feralis's note). 2 or 3 questions were like the one on "Question of the day" webpage, where you have to integrate information.

_GChem/Ochem: I got 27 on both sections, and BC's avg were 25-ish. BC Ochem is very easy for me compared to real DAT that I just took (which was focus on synthesis more than BC). Gen chem was on par in term of difficulty but quite different in term of question types. On the test I took, there were barely calculation, maybe 5 at most, the rest were application that required you to integrate some stuffs, not just memorizing laws or definitions.
==> I got 30 mins to check the whole science section and eeny, meeny, miny, moe on 3 very easy questions that I could even remember during the test. SNS 26/30

_PAT (this is what you need): Please be cautious that the quality of the picture on real DAT maybe way worse than BC's picture (it was really blurry in some details that annoyed me so bad). Angle ranking, Hole punching, and Cube Counting had nothing really special compared to BC (if you practice everyday, you should be fine). TFE on DAT was a pain since the quality was horrible just like I said and the some objects were ridiculous lol, but with elimination, I got through it quite fast. Keyhole, a bit harder since they have more rock- type objects (unlike BC, decoy answer on my keyhole were quite easy to recognize, so again, elimination will help you for most of it. Pattern Folding had around 10/15 questions of the weird shape type, not that much real folding (but don't trust me on this, it was drew from a bank, so it depends on Karma XD). I got 23 on this, damn happy.
==> As long as you spend a bit of your time doing PAT, you 'll be set.

_RC: I really hate RC on BC, it was my least excited part of DAT for me. On the DAT, I couldn't believe the reading was that... nice after all the weird stuffs in PAT. The questions were in order, and I could even highlight the text, I just did as I read, got a tons of time to check again. I got 22, the lowest, but I felt like I was blessed, and kept mumbling how nice it was during the test, the proctor had to tap my shoulder and told me to be quite.

-QR: Got 25, nothing much to say except the real thing twists the wording a bit on some problem, making me confused a bit . The rest was pretty much universal since math is the common language for everyone.

Overall, I think BC is really good (and I'm not sponsored by BC by any mean), way better than the Kaplan (although I recommend reading the bio section because it gives you the foundation for bio, than Feralis's note helps you consolidate it. It did not get destroyer because I, myself, bought BC for only 10 days before my test day.

Anyway, good luck with your test, things may turn a bit unexpected but keep yourself calm (don't turn your ADHD mode on just like I did on science section as I thought about what I would eat after I get home , it's a big NO-NO)
That's "pretty decent" ? You literally slaughtered the thing.

Here's my scores from the 5 tests compared to my actual DAT scores. I'd say its accurate for the most part. The only downside is for all their tests, Bootcamp will take questions directly from their unit tests instead of making new ones for the Full Length exams. That means my bio score is a bit inflated since I've seen those questions before. Bootcamp is a bit easier in orgo for some reason, especially test 4. Reading on the DAT is WAAAAAY easier.

EDIT: I took the DAT yesterday, recent enough I hope!
So are those the scores you got after you went over BC the second time?

So are those the scores you got after you went over BC the second time?

Yes, those my bio scores I went over a second time. Everything else was once. I only went over the Bio section individually, every other subject I took in a Full Length.

Generally, you'll score higher on the actual DAT than your bootcamp scores so don't worry! I took my DAT two weeks ago (6/30) and here's my score comparison.

Bootcamp avg scores:

Bio - 25
Gchem - 20
Ochem - 19
RC - 21
QR - 18
PAT - 20

Actual DAT:

Bio - 26
Gchem - 19
Ochem - 23
RC - 23