UT_mikie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
  1. Medical Student
This is a real dumb question but is the David Geffen of David Geffen school of medicine at UCLA the same Geffen of Geffen Records? Did he give a huge endowment or something? Just curious.

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Supernova

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2004
CA
Status
UT_mikie said:
This is a real dumb question but is the David Geffen of David Geffen school of medicine at UCLA the same Geffen of Geffen Records? Did he give a huge endowment or something? Just curious.

Yes, he is the "G" of SKG Dreamworks. The S is Spielberg and K is Kazenberg. He donated 250 million bucks to UCLA few years back. I remembered we all got this email from UCLA Dean's office to change our letterheads and business card to include Geffen.

About the Ads

opinionkitten

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
along these lines, does anybody know who keck and feinberg are? rich dudes, i take it?

could geffen get his cat accepted to ucla som now?

Jul 3, 2004
Detroit, MI
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
opinionkitten said:
along these lines, does anybody know who keck and feinberg are? rich dudes, i take it?

could geffen get his cat accepted to ucla som now?

There is Keck foundation which donates a lot of money for med schools and research (I think the guys name is Keck). I don't know what was accomplished to make that much money.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads