David Geffen UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UT_mikie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a real dumb question but is the David Geffen of David Geffen school of medicine at UCLA the same Geffen of Geffen Records? Did he give a huge endowment or something? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

UT_mikie said:
This is a real dumb question but is the David Geffen of David Geffen school of medicine at UCLA the same Geffen of Geffen Records? Did he give a huge endowment or something? Just curious.

Yes, he is the "G" of SKG Dreamworks. The S is Spielberg and K is Kazenberg. He donated 250 million bucks to UCLA few years back. I remembered we all got this email from UCLA Dean's office to change our letterheads and business card to include Geffen.

Members don't see this ad :)
along these lines, does anybody know who keck and feinberg are? rich dudes, i take it?

could geffen get his cat accepted to ucla som now?

opinionkitten said:
along these lines, does anybody know who keck and feinberg are? rich dudes, i take it?

could geffen get his cat accepted to ucla som now?

There is Keck foundation which donates a lot of money for med schools and research (I think the guys name is Keck). I don't know what was accomplished to make that much money.