You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
research-girlie
Full Member
MPH. I am very non-trad and got it for work advancement years ago (free tuition).Hi! I wanted to ask if any admitted applications from this cycle or precious cycle were successful upon admission with an SMP coursework? or did some sort of post-graduate degree?
SMPs are unfortunately often a money grab, but I imagine admissions still views them favorably, especially if they align with the school mission. From a hiring perspective/ as a fall-back plan, I would go standard masters degree route (MPH, MHA, etc) or at least getting a scholarship if possible!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Congrats on Acceptance!!!MPH. I am very non-trad and got it for work advancement years ago (free tuition).
SMPs are unfortunately often a money grab, but I imagine admissions still views them favorably, especially if they align with the school mission. From a hiring perspective/ as a fall-back plan, I would go standard masters degree route (MPH, MHA, etc) or at least getting a scholarship if possible!
I am suspecting that amazing research is the biggest common denominator among accepted students so far. are you research heavy? And what would you say made your app standout?
Bagel Enjoyer
Full Member
A lot of my classmates, myself included, have master’s degrees and beyond! I think DGSOM values having a class that comes from a wide array of experiences and backgrounds. If you do want to do a master’s or some kind of grade enhancement, my recommendation is to do it in a field you are interested in and put in the work to get good grades rather than opting for an SMP. You would have more to talk about and you would offer a more unique perspective. I’m not too familiar with how SMPs work or are looked at, but only one or two of the people in my class that I know of did a masters in medical science for example. This is all my personal opinion though and plenty of people have successful applications to med school off of SMPs.Hi! I wanted to ask if any admitted applications from this cycle or precious cycle were successful upon admission with an SMP coursework? or did some sort of post-graduate degree?
saltykiosk
Full Member
unrelated, how accurate is the COA estimate? I heard that the 100k/yr for IS is overestimatedA lot of my classmates, myself included, have master’s degrees and beyond! I think DGSOM values having a class that comes from a wide array of experiences and backgrounds. If you do want to do a master’s or some kind of grade enhancement, my recommendation is to do it in a field you are interested in and put in the work to get good grades rather than opting for an SMP. You would have more to talk about and you would offer a more unique perspective. I’m not too familiar with how SMPs work or are looked at, but only one or two of the people in my class that I know of did a masters in medical science for example. This is all my personal opinion though and plenty of people have successful applications to med school off of SMPs.
research-girlie
Full Member
thanks! From what I’ve heard it’s more mission-aligned than pure research. I do have a lot of research but also several other things. Honestly really feels like pure luck. There are so many awesome people who apply 🫶🏼Hey Congrats on Acceptance!!!
I am suspecting that amazing research is the biggest common denominator among accepted students so far. are you research heavy? And what would you say made your app standout?
Bagel Enjoyer
Full Member
I’m OOS for this first year, and I had quite a bit of loan money left over from my first semester, so for me personally, the COA was a large overestimate, which was a nice-ish surprise.unrelated, how accurate is the COA estimate? I heard that the 100k/yr for IS is overestimated
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Yeah. Oct 24Is anyone here still waiting from end of October interviews?
caffeinated_corgi
Full Member
+1 IS A literally crying. Interview 11/14
research-girlie
Full Member
congrats!!!🫶🏼
hotwheels77
Full Member
congratulations y'all!!! did your portal change at all or does it look the same?
Worst time for Admit to be down; the anxiety
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caffeinated_corgi
Full Member
My LM is 70 but I'm also super nontraditional so I don't think it reflects my app very wellCongrats! Did yall have high LMs?
occasionalrunner
New Member
were any acceptances not released at 8:30 PST?
lebronjames124
Full Member
congrats all, ig WL or R for me 😭
greenglittergal
Full Member
congrats yall! held out since oct :/ just hoping i get a WL at this point
saltykiosk
Full Member
Did you get it at 8:30?+1 instate A
Interviewed October
Good luck everybody
YeahDid you get it at 8:30?
don’t loose hope everyone, I interviewed in Oct. God bless you all, it only takes one school! All Glory to God!+1 A at 8:30 AM, got an email have not received a call yet
Easymoneysnipergg
New Member
Have any acceptances came after 8:30am PST? Can anyone confirm if they release throughout the day? It seems people are getting acceptances even past 8:30am according to admit, but could be late reporting. Still sitting here wondering from a Sep interview..
Probably late reporting tbhHave any acceptances came after 8:30am PST? Can anyone confirm if they release throughout the day? It seems people are getting acceptances even past 8:30am according to admit, but could be late reporting. Still sitting here wondering from a Sep interview..
hotwheels77
Full Member
Based on how things have been this year, I feel like we can still hold onto hope because the traditional timeline hasn't really been followed this cycle. No one truly knows what's going on but as hard as it may be, let's keep our heads up for good news soon!
Wait how has it not followed? Last year this time the groupme numbers were similar and the last batch was given out on Feb 28… so curious to hear ur perspectiveBased on how things have been this year, I feel like we can still hold onto hope because the traditional timeline hasn't really been followed this cycle. No one truly knows what's going on but as hard as it may be, let's keep our heads up for good news soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year, they had multiple A waves throughout Jan/Feb. This year there was a lot of silence in Jan/Feb, with one larger wave (today).Wait how has it not followed? Last year this time the groupme numbers were similar and the last batch was given out on Feb 28… so curious to hear ur perspective
But the groupme numbers were similar tho?Last year, they had multiple A waves throughout Jan/Feb. This year there was a lot of silence in Jan/Feb, with one larger wave (today).
hotwheels77
Full Member
^^ what hell0_world said concerning decision lag! There was also someone earlier in the thread that mentioned having a friend who received an acceptance with no waitlist in April (I believe it was last year)Wait how has it not followed? Last year this time the groupme numbers were similar and the last batch was given out on Feb 28… so curious to hear ur perspective
I see… that makes sense. Also idk if u guys are admit but there’s a pink anon (iykyk lol) and they seemed to have intel on the decisions and told that this week would be their last and final batch of decisions… not sure how true that is but they told us on Monday and clearly we ended up getting decisions for both PRIME and regular… but again they could be wrong (I hope they are wrong lol… 😅) but let’s keep our hopes up either way. It’s been such a stressful ride^^ what hell0_world said concerning decision lag! There was also someone earlier in the thread that mentioned having a friend who received an acceptance with no waitlist in April (I believe it was last year)
research-girlie
Full Member
Pink anon also said that they were intentionally trying to get ppl to crash out. i wouldn’t take anything they say seriously.I see… that makes sense. Also idk if u guys are admit but there’s a pink anon (iykyk lol) and they seemed to have intel on the decisions and told that this week would be their last and final batch of decisions… not sure how true that is but they told us on Monday and clearly we ended up getting decisions for both PRIME and regular… but again they could be wrong (I hope they are wrong lol… 😅) but let’s keep our hopes up either way. It’s been such a stressful ride
can someone PM me the groupme link lol i can't find it
research-girlie
Full Member
it’s on the admitted students page!can someone PM me the groupme link lol i can't find it
1. No clue but as of last week it was around 1141. How many members in group me?
2. Anyone from early sept trad md hear back?
3. Who pink anon
2. No clue
3. Some pink anon on admit who says they have connections in the adcom
Someone stated this on admit a few minutes ago: 125 + 7 admin for 132 total.could someone share the latest groupme numbers?
I am just a peasant waiting for a decision still so I cannot confirm these as fact.
Again, I am really not an expert, but others are saying that the GroupMe number was higher before the WL even went out last year* so maybe there is still some hope for us.Thank you 🙂
So I guess we'll have some WL movement here hopefully? I dont think they accepted many more than last year atleast straight up. We shall see.
lebronjames124
Full Member
what are the chances for WL according to last cycle. Not sure how UCLA's yield isAgain, I am really not an expert, but others are saying that the GroupMe number was higher before the WL even went out last year* so maybe there is still some hope for us.
lanadelslay
New Member
Yall I went back to last years SDN, and the group me numbers was around 190 before WL were sent out. Also, the last wave came the day before RSVP for admit day was due. This Friday would be the day before RSVP is due for this years! Can someone double check for me hahaha.
Yeah someone said on admit that this week could have a possibility for another wave of A’s!Yall I went back to last years SDN, and the group me numbers was around 190 before WL were sent out. Also, the last wave came the day before RSVP for admit day was due. This Friday would be the day before RSVP is due for this years! Can someone double check for me hahaha.
lebronjames124
Full Member
It seems like there might be one more small wave on Friday and then R's and WL's will be sent the following weekYeah someone said on admit that this week could have a possibility for another wave of A’s!
iykyk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone go to office hours? Any news?
greenglittergal
Full Member
Someone on Admit went to office hours. I think the only information they got from today was that theyre still sending IIs, but not sure the truth to that statement since no one has reported an II in agesAnyone go to office hours? Any news?
greenglittergal
Full Member
Does anyone know what time they send out WL emails?
No idea, but I took a look at last year's thread and it seems like they started going out in the afternoon.Does anyone know what time they send out WL emails?
lanadelslay
New Member
Damn has anyone gotten an A yet? Maybe the rest of us are WL even though the group me numbers don’t match from last years.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K