junebloom123
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We are allllll wondering the same thingWow. What on earth would have to happen behind the scenes to stop the flow of the waitlist this drastically??
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
We are allllll wondering the same thingWow. What on earth would have to happen behind the scenes to stop the flow of the waitlist this drastically??
Didn’t they also say there’s been more movement this year compared to last year? I don’t think they’d have reason to lieDo you guys think there is any possibility that DGSOM over-admitted and will not need to pull ppl off the WL?
Last year's thread suggests that there was movement early may, movement again ~ May 20, then the class was full early June. Perhaps they're gearing up for the mid-may release?
Are you calling this number: 310-825-6081?I'm still unable to get connected to anyone at admissions
YeppAre you calling this number: 310-825-6081?
If anyone else has better luck, keep us posted
apparently msar waitlist data isn't accurate and usually isn't sent to MSAR by schools themselvesi was quite excited about previous year stats saying 150/250 get off the waitlist but now I don’t even know if barely 50 made off the WL this year???
I second this! It really is such a tough time right now, but hoping we get through this together and manifesting WL announcements next week!I’d like to extend my support to fellow waitlist warriors! We’ve been waiting for months and while gruelling, we aren’t at the end of the journey yet. Stay strong my friends
🥺I feel both nervous and excited for next week!!I second this! It really is such a tough time right now, but hoping we get through this together and manifesting WL announcements next week!
Just saw this, as of the time I am writing this message, it is at 220is anyone able to say what the groupchat is at now?
Wait why is the class size in the group chat so big?Just saw this, as of the time I am writing this message, it is at 220
UCLA’s CTE deadline isn’t in August it’s on June 2nd I believe! If you’re top of the waitlist, you have a really good chance of getting in if you decide to wait out but if you’re regular waitlist then I’m not too sure how risky it might be.I know this is hard to quantitively say but for those of us who are WL'd at UCLA but also have an early CTE of School A (acceptance offer) for, say, the first or second week of June, theoretically would it make much of a difference if we had gone with School B (acceptance offer) which had a CTE later, say, in August? Considering UCLA's CTE is I'm assuming around August. UCLA is my #1 school I hope to get into.
What I'm getting at is does most WL movement happen in early June since a good chunk of med schools start in June and then WL movement still happens but drops precipitously in July and August so it doesn't make much of a difference by those later summer months to be staying on UCLA's WL anyways? I'm just trying to console myself when I inevitably may have to CTE at School A in early June that I may have had even a better shot if I had committed to an alternate school with CTE in August............if that makes sense.
I was OOS, ORM, and got into UCLA with an LM of 71. I also had a low preview. Feel free to dm me if you have any questionsHas anyone with low stats/ below average accepted student data accepted with other parts of a strong application/ background, and gotten any good traction at DGSOM, such as getting interview invites or A? I am applying this cycle and have a strong mission fit, but my stats are lower than average and was wondering if anyone in this current cycle could share their experience so far? Good luck to everyone in this process still!
Dyt that for top of waitlist ppl, if we don't hear by early June (after movement following the 6/2 CTE deadline) then we should just assume we're going to another school?UCLA’s CTE deadline isn’t in August it’s on June 2nd I believe! If you’re top of the waitlist, you have a really good chance of getting in if you decide to wait out but if you’re regular waitlist then I’m not too sure how risky it might be.
I don’t want to give incorrect advise since this school is super all over the place 🙁 I would say it’s best to email the DGSOM admissions team and ask for their perspective! They’re very friendly.Dyt that for top of waitlist ppl, if we don't hear by early June (after movement following the 6/2 CTE deadline) then we should just assume we're going to another school?
Srsly wondering at this point if the class is nearly full. Does anyone know what the gc # was during previous years?How’s everyone feeling this week? I feel like they will definitely 100% be waiting until after June 2 at this point lmao
I feel like the GroupMe numbers aren’t super accurate since some years they can a ton of M1’s join and other years not so much so it’s really hard to gage.Srsly wondering at this point if the class is nearly full. Does anyone know what the gc # was during previous years?
Makes sense. Hoping the 220 includes ppl who never left the gc even after de-committing to the schoolI feel like the GroupMe numbers aren’t super accurate since some years they can a ton of M1’s join and other years not so much so it’s really hard to gage.
Yeah thats me :/ i think ill wait til early/mid Junehi! are there any more students here that are “near top of the waitlist” and still waiting to hear back? ik this cycle has been so different, getting quite anxious at this point 🙁
Seriously feeling unoptimistic... if that even is a word...How’s everyone feeling this week? I feel like they will definitely 100% be waiting until after June 2 at this point lmao
I just feel like they will release like very few. I think they’ll cover the few remaining maybe like 5-10 top of the waitlist people left and they won’t get to regular waitlist this yearSeriously feeling unoptimistic... if that even is a word...
June 2nd is coming up and many schools have CTE deadlines coming up
I guess if we don't head back by June 2nd, it's gonna be an R in my mind ...
It goes straight to a recording 🙁No one has any luck reaching out to admissions via phone call right?
Dang they probably know we're all anxious and trying to evade anymore questions hahaIt goes straight to a recording 🙁
Wow they’ve really gone MIAIt goes straight to a recording 🙁
They don't answer the phone, so I emailed them. They said they're expecting to release a few more acceptances in the coming days close to June 2nd. Idk make of it what you will...No one has any luck reaching out to admissions via phone call right?
Oof “a few” :-/They don't answer the phone, so I emailed them. They said they're expecting to release a few more acceptances in the coming days close to June 2nd. Idk make of it what you will...
The coming days??? …erm tomorrow is the last biz day before June 2 lolThey don't answer the phone, so I emailed them. They said they're expecting to release a few more acceptances in the coming days close to June 2nd. Idk make of it what you will...
Yup 🫠🙃The coming days??? …erm tomorrow is the last biz day before June 2 lol
It still says 250 offers? :0
That doesn't give me confidence lmao
Oh I meant that the side says the offers range from 100-250. Before there was no range. I mean that’s actually quite a lot if the minimum that gets off is 100It still says 250 offers? :0
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.