2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No one's worried about the lawsuit affecting UCLA, right?
i noticed a UID number pop up in my portal last week and regular WL yesterday. does the UID mean anything, or does everyone get that number
I noticed I have one too. Anyone on the WL not get one?

Edit: From what I read in previous threads; those without an UID typically don't get accepted. This doesn't mean the opposite is true; it still depends how many accepted applicants decline. It likely means they're treating you as a higher priority.
 
Last edited:
No one's worried about the lawsuit affecting UCLA, right?

I noticed I have one too. Anyone on the WL not get one?

Edit: From what I read in previous threads; those without an UID typically don't get accepted. This doesn't mean the opposite is true; it still depends how many accepted applicants decline. It likely means they're treating you as a higher priority.
I don't think this is true
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree -- I've had a UID since before I received my interview invite (I have never attended any of the UCs).
I think that meant they already chose you for an interview, but needed more dates available before they could invite you.
Also agree. I dont see an ID anywhere for me and I got the top of WL e-mail
UCLA's page said all admitted, interviewed, and WL'd students get one. But I think they're still missing people and will get everyone they need to by April 30th. I'm basing this on last year's thread where people who didn't get an IUD by April 30th not getting in.

This is pure conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt.
Are you near the top of the WL? Or regular?
Regular.
 
Last edited:
While I have your attention, are you guys not worried about the lawsuit affecting UCLA? I'm not talking about the grants that the Trump Administration lost, I'm talking about the one towards the Medical School by Do No Harm and Students For Fair Admissions (SFFA). SFFA won a lawsuit against Harvard for the same 14th Amendment violation they're suing DGSOM for. I've been reading up on it and it doesn't look good for UCLA.
1. Whistleblowers on the adcom filed complaints against Jennifer Lucero and UCLA had a chance to investigate internally, but they refused to give the whistleblowers protection, effectively shutting down the internal investigation.
2. The DOJ filed a motion to intervene in the lawsuit and was supposed to have a hearing on 2/28 but the judge approved it ahead of the hearing.
3. The motion to dismiss the lawsuit got denied on 12/16.

I really want to attend this school but this lawsuit is freaking me out.
 
Last edited:
Interesting. I think certainly it doesn't look very good for UCLA, and the reputational hit is probably real. But then again, I think the admin targetting them is also a concern, especially since they have so many open investigations and now multiple lawsuits lol
Even more so for us since Geffen was adamant his scholarship was merit-based and if these accusations are true, it means Geffen's money didn't go to students based on merit so we shouldn't count on him to renew the scholarship anytime soon.
 
Even more so for us since Geffen was adamant his scholarship was merit-based and if these accusations are true, it means Geffen's money didn't go to students based on merit so we shouldn't count on him to renew the scholarship anytime soon.
IMO he will not be renewing his endowments anytime soon....
 
Based on Admit, it looks like UCLA isn't doing post-II rejections at this point even though they usually do. They must be holding onto a larger WL to account for the yield depression of not paying for admit day lodging and the lawsuit.
 
i'm still waiting on my pre-ii rejection 💀
Based on Admit, it looks like UCLA isn't doing post-II rejections at this point even though they usually do. They must be holding onto a larger WL to account for the yield depression of not paying for admit day lodging and the lawsuit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much can we expect to pay for housing per month? I was reading an older article that said a majority of first-year med students live in Weyburn
 
I think there's going to be a lot of movement based off GroupMe numbers declining and the financial situation. Stay posted for April 30th...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people getting admitted, make sure to go to the accepted students webpage to join the class GroupMe! Congratulations, everyone!
 
Im assuming if we haven’t gotten off the waitlist by 05/02, then it’s not happening?

Since whoever doesn’t refuse their acceptance today 04/30 is going to attend and those who got off the WL are definitely attending?
 
Im assuming if we haven’t gotten off the waitlist by 05/02, then it’s not happening?

Since whoever doesn’t refuse their acceptance today 04/30 is going to attend and those who got off the WL are definitely attending?
Congrats to all off the WL!!! I think they have 5 business days so weekend doesn't count. Based on last years thread it seems like it goes on til June but most WL movement stops mid May
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad