Death Nommy - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked at the internet instead of gating my flow data, and now I'm just defeated. Gonna do some laundry, give my April analysis, and then try again to refocus.

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN
 
I know Indy.

Okay, I'm either about to make myself look like a genius and reinforce my self-perceived ability to read people like a book or I'm going to look like a complete idiot and be suspish. Either way,

Season 6 Porous Pockets GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

without further ado, I submit:

Indy is a Wolf: A Literature Review (with overarching evidence vs specific posts because how are there 40 pages on this thread)
by _rae_, UMN Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine Candidate, Class of 2028

Now, as Indy has said, I do - of this group - know them best and I think that has given me an advantage. Their floundering is not just noob-ness, though that is a convenient excuse. Indy is the kind of person with big thoughts and feelings and a usual willingness to share them with others, if they perceive those others to be like minded. The lack of reads is not just noob-ish, it's strategic, as they need to come up with a really good reason to fake read a wolf. Some of that could potentially be intimidation by the fact that y'all are so comfortable with each other that trying to call any out may be seen as an offense to some others, but I'm leaning more toward they've been told to stay quiet and in the shadows by the wolfator or whatever we call them.

We've analyzed the flip-flop on JJJ. I could be convinced either way that it's wolfy or just a noob mistake. I think the difference between me with fruit and Indy with JJJ is I never changed my overall read of fruit. They have always been in my suspicion circle.

Indy also voted for me last night instead of clem, despite me being a strong village read this whole time and most of the village "leaders" of the thread suggesting a vote for clem made the most sense. I do think some of this is in retaliation to my suspicions/me being seen as a potential threat to them. I am not overanalyzing PSVs vote for me (yet), because it seemed a true attempt to start conversation and keep the hammer from dropping to keep the thread open.

Basically, my impression of Indy is that they're smart and analytical, much more like me than not. The cover of noob protects them and allows them to make wolfy mistakes and just Betty Boop "oops" it with minimal consequences. Most of their engagement has been around vote times and mostly in the form of memes and almost over done despair that they're a suspect. The fact that they have engaged primarily in defense tells me they're not trying to analyze village because they don't need to, they're a wolf. I think they're smart to play dumb, it's a good cover, but I read it as a nefarious cover.

I entertain questions and encourage peer review.
This is impressive, Rae!! I promise you though, you are all gonna be really sad when I flip vanillager and there’s still a wolf in your midst. I’m still suspicious of you, btw.

Everyone else, you’re wasting time.
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN
 
Fwiw if I get yeeted, the players I'd be most interested in picking 3 from (without having caught up on most of today's discussions) are DVMD, SAR, Fruit, PSV, or indy. Genny is leaning slightly more village for me but if other people felt strongly then I'd be okay with listing her.
@JaggedJimmyJay I have done very little reading today and I'm still at work so this hasn't changed much. The only change is that PSV felt a bit better in the few posts I saw. Possibly same for DVMD. I feel like I have seen so little of SAR that I can't say I have any reason to take her off the list. So gun to head, probably Indy, Fruit, and SAR. Happy for input especially from people who are more UTD on the thread than me
 
@JaggedJimmyJay I have done very little reading today and I'm still at work so this hasn't changed much. The only change is that PSV felt a bit better in the few posts I saw. Possibly same for DVMD. I feel like I have seen so little of SAR that I can't say I have any reason to take her off the list. So gun to head, probably Indy, Fruit, and SAR. Happy for input especially from people who are more UTD on the thread than me
I think those are three good choices. I’d also consider genny.
 
I'd like to get your own take on the game.
Your memes are on point but can you tell me what feels off from people?
What feels good?
What do you want to see happen?
Honestly I don’t know anyone, and I’ve been just trying to get a feel for everyone’s game style. It’s also honestly very hard to keep up and I initially played the way that I have played this type of game in person.

So, alas, I can’t give you much besides “vibes,” though I have offered some opinions on a few people, probably not great takes though.

I’m just here for a good time not a long time at this point. I do think that those putting a lot of energy into me - fruit, Rae, JJJ - are VERY likely to have real benefit of killing a villager and distracting everyone for so long.
 
@JaggedJimmyJay I have done very little reading today and I'm still at work so this hasn't changed much. The only change is that PSV felt a bit better in the few posts I saw. Possibly same for DVMD. I feel like I have seen so little of SAR that I can't say I have any reason to take her off the list. So gun to head, probably Indy, Fruit, and SAR. Happy for input especially from people who are more UTD on the thread than me
Please no.

I really think both Indy and SAR are village, and Fruit is the least wolfy of my wolf reads. This could very well be a day of 3 villagers again.

I’d like to remind you SAR broke the tie against Stagg.

I really think Indy is village. I’ll :eggface: on this hill.
 
Please no.

I really think both Indy and SAR are village, and Fruit is the least wolfy of my wolf reads. This could very well be a day of 3 villagers again.

I’d like to remind you SAR broke the tie against Stagg.

I really think Indy is village. I’ll :eggface: on this hill.
Finally some takes I can 100% support, including adorable Egg-Kirby.
 
@JaggedJimmyJay I have done very little reading today and I'm still at work so this hasn't changed much. The only change is that PSV felt a bit better in the few posts I saw. Possibly same for DVMD. I feel like I have seen so little of SAR that I can't say I have any reason to take her off the list. So gun to head, probably Indy, Fruit, and SAR. Happy for input especially from people who are more UTD on the thread than me
I am confident in SAR soul read at this point
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please no.

I really think both Indy and SAR are village, and Fruit is the least wolfy of my wolf reads. This could very well be a day of 3 villagers again.

I’d like to remind you SAR broke the tie against Stagg.

I really think Indy is village. I’ll :eggface: on this hill.
Can you remind me who your three would be?
 
All due respect to the gang, but SAR is the one soul town read I will absolutely not be following.

In the practice game she was in my POE, and I didn’t care about her vote for a wolf (genny). I deferred to others who had the town soul read and fell too hard for a bus vote, and it burned all of us. That’s not happening twice.

SAR can certainly be town, but I’m either going to need a better reason or to find her myself. Otherwise she is staying in my shortlist of candidates (not necessarily my “three”).
 
All due respect to the gang, but SAR is the one soul town read I will absolutely not be following.

In the practice game she was in my POE, and I didn’t care about her vote for a wolf (genny). I deferred to others who had the town soul read and fell too hard for a bus vote, and it burned all of us. That’s not happening twice.

SAR can certainly be town, but I’m either going to need a better reason or to find her myself. Otherwise she is staying in my shortlist of candidates (not necessarily my “three”).
All due respect to you, I wasn't playing that game, and no one else actually has a SAR soul read :shrug:

You are free to find her yourself and I encourage it, I'm just also not gonna not saying anything when I see village SAR, because village SAR is a fairly easy misyeet
 
All due respect to you, I wasn't playing that game, and no one else actually has a SAR soul read :shrug:

You are free to find her yourself and I encourage it, I'm just also not gonna not saying anything when I see village SAR, because village SAR is a fairly easy misyeet
By all means, please say things! Just making it clear right away why I won’t listen lol
 
@Zenge142 why PSV
Process of elimination, based on who else I feel more strongly about being village.

The thread is being absurd about PSV.

Thread: PSV is kinda sketchy

PSV: Steps up her game to help get more broadly town read.

Thread: Ope, I guess PSV is village now.

As if she’s “outside of her wolf range”, or incapable of sensing her position within the thread and switching up her game a little bit. Please.

What specifically has PSV done to move her above other people? Posted some words on the thread after getting wolf read?

Okay well, I’m not sold. I have too many people who I’m reading village more strongly to say she’s not towards the bottom of my list, based on process of elimination.
 
Process of elimination, based on who else I feel more strongly about being village.

The thread is being absurd about PSV.

Thread: PSV is kinda sketchy

PSV: Steps up her game to help get more broadly town read.

Thread: Ope, I guess PSV is village now.

As if she’s “outside of her wolf range”, or incapable of sensing her position within the thread and switching up her game a little bit. Please.

What specifically has PSV done to move her above other people? Posted some words on the thread after getting wolf read?

Okay well, I’m not sold. I have too many people who I’m reading village more strongly to say she’s not towards the bottom of my list, based on process of elimination.
You definitely don’t have to be sold. I get that. I may even agree if I change my mind about Indy.

This argument requires you to assume the conclusion before formulating the premises though. You’ve essentially said she’s a wolf because she received bad town reads.

She gets this every game lately. Her “wolf range” is kind of irrelevant to me. If that’s applied to every game, she’s never going to be a villager again. She plays at different energy levels and should be assessed with multiple metas.
 
Another contributing factor to my Zengefoil:

Some of his suspicions seem independent from a developing thread (i.e., impervious to updating). I definitely felt that in his April read and maybe his PSV read too.
Regarding April, would you rather we yeet you, or Dubz today?

Because there’s no other option here so it doesn’t matter. I laid out why I had my suspicions, and point blank said I didn’t want to explore that, since my village reads disagreed with me, and so I wanted to give April time.

Clem didn’t give us that option. Unless you think we should vote you or Dubz.

Regarding PSV, see above.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Regarding April, would you rather we yeet you, or Dubz today?

Because there’s no other option here so it doesn’t matter. I laid out why I had my suspicions, and point blank said I didn’t want to explore that, since my village reads disagreed with me, and so I wanted to give April time.

Clem didn’t give us that option. Unless you think we should vote you or Dubz.

Regarding PSV, see above.
I’m not talking about today. I’m talking about your handling of April on Day 2. I think she made some very towny posts, and you didn’t do anything with those.
 
You’ve essentially said she’s a wolf because she received bad town reads.
I’m saying she is a wolf because based on the roster, I have strong town leans on everyone else.

Process of elimination, she’s one of the few names left.

I think the wolves are in genny, PSV, fruit, and April.

With genny and PSV being both easy to pair in my opinion, and also easy to pair with Stagg.

Everyone else I have pretty solid village reads on. If I’m right on those, then they’re the only ones left.
 
I’m saying she is a wolf because based on the roster, I have strong town leans on everyone else.

Process of elimination, she’s one of the few names left.

I think the wolves are in genny, PSV, fruit, and April.

With genny and PSV being both easy to pair in my opinion, and also easy to pair with Stagg.

Everyone else I have pretty solid village reads on. If I’m right on those, then they’re the only ones left.
In that sense we’re not far apart.
 
I’m not talking about today. I’m talking about your handling of April on Day 2. I think she made some very towny posts, and you didn’t do anything with those.
Day 2 I laid out how I felt about Day 1, and needed to generally see more.

Then we got to Day 3 where it’s irrelevant.

What exactly did you want me specifically to do on Day 2 other than read her posts and evaluate? Because that’s what I did.

It seems like you’re demanding I should have done a complete 180 on my April read, based solely on her posts, instead of taking time to evaluate like I said I was going to.

What is this argument Jay?
 
Day 2 I laid out how I felt about Day 1, and needed to generally see more.

Then we got to Day 3 where it’s irrelevant.

What exactly did you want me specifically to do on Day 2 other than read her posts and evaluate? Because that’s what I did.

It seems like you’re demanding I should have done a complete 180 on my April read, based solely on her posts, instead of taking time to evaluate like I said I was going to.

What is this argument Jay?
I’m not demanding a 180. I’m just asking that you say something about what April did on Day 2 and draw some conclusion.

You said you were concerned about a Stagg distance.

You said you’d wait given that others town reads April.

You didn’t say much at all about April’s actual Day 2 contributions.
 
Could you quickly summarize what leads you here?
Alright, so I went back through April's posts and at the risk of seeming bandwagony/wishy washy, I rescind my wolf statement. I think some of my wolf read is coming from the fact that she seems to be cherry picking her responses, but I know keeping up with this thread has been a nightmare and I'm not willing to lock in on something easily explainable. I still think my general read of the three today is dubz>JJJ/April.

I need to reevaluate some things.
 
Alright, so I went back through April's posts and at the risk of seeming bandwagony/wishy washy, I rescind my wolf statement. I think some of my wolf read is coming from the fact that she seems to be cherry picking her responses, but I know keeping up with this thread has been a nightmare and I'm not willing to lock in on something easily explainable. I still think my general read of the three today is dubz>JJJ/April.

I need to reevaluate some things.
Thanks for following up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also April making village sounding posts frequently makes me feel worse, not better.
Uno Reverse GIF by MOODMAN

Hence my need for continuing rumination.