diagnose me....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2b20004

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Healthy 25 year old, normal heart rate, sugar level, blood pressure, checked for blood and urine test, no UTI by doc or bacteria or infections shown in blood and urine test, but i been having pain urinating for the past 6 months, shaft of penis hurts and tingles and time, so does the head of my penis, sometimes left leg tingles and hurts too as a result, whats wrong with me, how do i solve this problem.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Might be herpes... can cause dysuria w/o bactiuria/pyuria, as well as strange neurologic symptoms...

Internet advice rules:
1) take all advice given over the internet with a grain of salt.
2) see rule 1

Don't you have a doctor?

Members don't see this ad :)
how can it be herpes when i tested negative for urine and blood tests for all bacterias and infection. any other ideas guys?

herpes will not show up on culture, you must do a special smear (Tzank's smear). It could also be chlamydia which will not show up on most cultures. :D

Sounds like the herp.

i only been with one girl for 2 years, she didnt mess around and she tested negative for all too, so did i for all stds, so any other ideas guys wut it may be?

Could it have something to do with the antipsychotic, benzo, or SSRI?
Also, as someone already said, Herpes doesn't show in a culture, so you never know - you and/or your gf.

Did they actually stick a swab down your urethra? If they didn't you have not yet been tested for herpes or chlamydia. If that's negative then think about seeing a urologist

ERMudPhud said:
Did they actually stick a swab down your urethra?

OOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH! :mad:

I've seen some young guys (20-35) with prostatitis that presents just like this. Not pathognomonic, granted, but if there are no herpetic lesions....

go to a doctor to get check for herpes, it produces itching or burning in genital area, sores in the penis or glans and in the urethra too. It can also produce pain in the leg and buttocks. Have you had flu like symptoms 2 weeks after you start noticing the symptoms?

I think you should go today to a doctor and get tested for herpes. herpes hides in the nervous system and thats why cultures or blood cultures are negative.

Adawaal said:
I've seen some young guys (20-35) with prostatitis that presents just like this.

And for that diagnosis to be made you would need a finger in your rectum, the previously mentioned swab in you wee-wee, and specific type of urine test. Did you have any of that done?

Members don't see this ad :)
ERMudPhud said:
And for that diagnosis to be made you would need a finger in your rectum, the previously mentioned swab in you wee-wee, and specific type of urine test. Did you have any of that done?

:laugh:

Q, DO

i dont think u guys listen, i only had one gf who was a virgin and we both got tested anyhow as part of a physical so its not freakin herpes, u guys are some bad diagnosers. now i know why they say not to ask for medical advice here, cause u guys can give some ******ed diagnoses at times.

MD2b20004 said:
i dont think u guys listen, i only had one gf who was a virgin and we both got tested anyhow as part of a physical so its not freakin herpes, u guys are some bad diagnosers. now i know why they say not to ask for medical advice here, cause u guys can give some ******ed diagnoses at times.

First of all, your post is very funny lol. Second of all, your case sounds like herpes. LOL

seriously, it would be very unusual for you to have pain on urination constantly for 6 months if you had the herp. Typically the pain worsens and subsides depending on when a flare happens. Other STD's could possibly cause this, but as you said, they are negative.

-a uti would be another common cause- but you said urinalysis and cultures have been negative. prostatitis/epidydimitis are other possibilities--and could possibly give you negative cultures. Im not sure what test you would have to do next to evaluate this?

-any lower intrabdominal process/mass could possibly give you pain in that area, but I wouldnt think it would be more present during urination.

-any anatomical variations in the urethra may give you pain, but you would likely notice a difference in your stream--which you havent.
-if you find any masses in your testicles or groin that is another possible cause--im sure you have tried to check yourself
-normal variant--every guy has had some mild irritation or burning on urination at some time.

i would, after the standard lab tests, get some imaging of the urinary system to make sure it is normal and you arent predisposed to getting urinary tract infections and that there is nothing anatomically wrong. i would recheck for infection for sure.

MD2b - is your avatar your penis?

MD2b20004 said:

Ah, if I only had a quarter for every "virgin" with an STD or pregnancy..... I love it when the mom answers for the girl "she has never had sex."

Listening to your symptoms it sounds like you have man-love syndrome. You must be a giver, not a taker, huh?

Pilot said:
Ah, if I only had a quarter for every "virgin" with an STD or pregnancy..... I love it when the mom answers for the girl "she has never had sex."

Yeah, we should start a thread "top reasons I can't have the crud"

1. I'm a "virgin"
2. My girlfriend and I had blood and urine tests and they checked for "everything" Like we have a magical machine that can check for "everything"

As I said before if they didn't swab your urethra (and you've given us no indication that they did) than you weren't tested for chlamydia. Probably the top cause of urethritis and/or prostatitis in young males

MD2b20004 said:

Gee, all those years of finishing school down the drain. For shame.

If your GF has orolabial herpes (aka 'fever blisters') which is likely since roughly 70% of Americans have serum antibodies for HSV (and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with sexual activity. That's why your mom tells you not to share utensils or straws with other people) and she's ever played your skin flute-- you can get it. There's something called asymptomatic viral shedding and she could easily have transmitted it from her mouth to your penis even when she wasn't having an obvious outbreak.

I'd also recommend a chlamydia and gonorrhea PCR test of your urine to rule those out in a sexually active young man.

My last recommendation is that you see a doctor instead of asking people on the internet the next time you start pissing fire.

"a uti would be another common cause- but you said urinalysis and cultures have been negative. prostatitis/epidydimitis are other possibilities--and could possibly give you negative cultures. Im not sure what test you would have to do next to evaluate this?"

EPS-- expressed prostatic secretions -- to rule out that prostatitis....

ah yes...hopefully you could get that nurse from "road trip" to do that for you =)

debvz said:
"a uti would be another common cause- but you said urinalysis and cultures have been negative. prostatitis/epidydimitis are other possibilities--and could possibly give you negative cultures. Im not sure what test you would have to do next to evaluate this?"

EPS-- expressed prostatic secretions -- to rule out that prostatitis....

Did your virginal GF have burning urination at some point in time? Was there a time when she went to Cancun with her friends and when she came back whe was "too tired" have sex for a week. Maybe you happened to see some weird prescription bottle in her medicine cabinet that said "acyclovir" or "doxycycline" ? I think the take home point here is if you have sex with "virgins" without using a condom, your wee wee may have an owie. It is not necessarily an STD but get your junk checked out more thoroughly because the urine test you took that checked for everything didn't really check for everything.