Diner WW sign up & game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In other news, I just realized that my AM tinfoil from D1 was me actually picking up on something... But that it probably was NAI in retrospect so I'm back on my Barks sans AM train. Hypothesizing Barks/Mel or Barks/Cubs at this point as I have a stronger village lean on Dubz, Coops, and AM

Members don't see this ad.

Day 2 Vote/Yeet Tally
Mel (2)
- Coops, DubZ
Barks (1) - SAR
SAR (1) - AM
Coop (2) - Barks, Mel

6/7

Leading: @Coopah @Melchizedek

Missing: @cubsrule4e

Deadline closes TODAY at 10pm (~1.5 hours)

tenor.gif

In case anyone was wondering about my derp tinfoil, this was it:

Y'all going for a circle again when the last game that had the ended in a loss smh

I definitely thought I had something with the use of "ya'll" as in AM excluding herself from the faction that lost - i.e. village. Ergo maybe a freudian slip and she is also not village this game.

...Then I just realized she modded the last game. So excluding herself is obvious. Because she wasn't village. :smack:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm I could kinda see SAR/coop in lights of new posts

Also I probably won’t post again today because still no power and my phone battery is getting low

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
...really? And this is a genuine question because I always thought I try to avoid bussing whenever possible. Interesting if others don't have that impression of me
Hmmm. I feel like I don't have a strong feeling about it either way for you. I remember you wolfing in French Quarter - not much bussing there overall. You were alone in Hannibal...and then barely alive a day in Countdown lol

...really? And this is a genuine question because I always thought I try to avoid bussing whenever possible. Interesting if others don't have that impression of me

i didn’t say it’s your normal, I’m saying I think it’d be an easy transition for you to do it in a game for a change of pace depending on circumstances (It’s a compliment). Like I feel that you’d be more comfortable doing it and pulling it off than barks if we’re just comparing the two of you and if one of you was going to do it if you were in a pack and that’s the strategy you chose.

I wouldn't say you're a deepwolf like miz, SOV, or Stagg, but you have been known to bus when it would, situationally, boost your teammates (e.g. Milkshake).

Hmmm. I feel like I don't have a strong feeling about it either way for you. I remember you wolfing in French Quarter - not much bussing there overall. You were alone in Hannibal...and then barely alive a day in Countdown lol
i didn’t say it’s your normal, I’m saying I think it’d be an easy transition for you to do it in a game for a change of pace depending on circumstances (It’s a compliment). Like I feel that you’d be more comfortable doing it and pulling it off than barks if we’re just comparing the two of you and if one of you was going to do it if you were in a pack and that’s the strategy you chose.
I wouldn't say you're a deepwolf like miz, SOV, or Stagg, but you have been known to bus when it would, situationally, boost your teammates (e.g. Milkshake).

I can accept this. And thank you all for the thoughtful answers! I was very concerned there that I somehow had a reputation for bussing the **** out of people when I'm a wolf :laugh:

Not liking the silence leading up to this close, eerily similar to the incorrect first lynch. But where else would I go? Just flip to coop? Feel like Mel wouldnt just mail it in on a wolf outing when he hadnt played in a while :thinking: What do you think about that, @Animal Midwife?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would now like to present a series of quotes as to why a Barks vote should be considered. I know this is coming late in the cycle, but I didn't have time earlier. I also realize that now that Barks said she won't be around to defend which feels yucky. However, she must have a partner so I'm ok going elsewhere today if people will consider this for tomorrow.

Yeet cyndia
Not calling him a wolf yet, but I’m not getting as much village vibes from cubs this game like I was last game
I was feeling more of an argumentative tone but then it was pointed out that it was against AM only who wasn’t in the last game so now I’m left thinking about how AI it really is. But either way I still have him more neutral from his tone than last game where I pretty quickly thought village
This feels wishy washy to me :thinking:

^^Bark's content D1. This stood out to me as, usually, even when she's busy she comes in and makes some really good reads that usually have me stopping to think or agreeing with the points she is making. Here she only offers a "read" on Cubs which basically uses a whole lot of words to say she doesn't have a read on him yet. Throws out a tiny call out of Cyndia to justify staying on her "joke" vote. This feels like a wolf sensing an easy villager target but grasping at straws to make it look not-sketchy when that person flips village.

I know this has already been commented on but this is weird and I don’t understand the move from a wolf or village perspective because it just did a whole lot of nothing

Why is someone questioning a village read weird? Should everyone just not reconsider their initial reads ever?

Ya know, I was wondering why multiple people stated that they have coop as a village read because I’m not seeing it so at least this is one less person that thinks that

This whole post is basically rehashing other's opinions already on thread (and even points that out). Additionally, offers a contrary view on Coops but doesn't actually provide any reasoning for why she is reading Coops as wolfy. Also note the "Should everyone just not reconsider their initial reads" - this becomes important for the last quote.

I was at work and I was fine leaving my vote there when I left based on the wishy washy feeling I was getting from her

Justifying again the Cyndia vote. Still feels like an easy cop out of a villager lynch when she didn't actually make this statement on D1. I could read this as a busy wolf pulling out the one post that she made that had any form of justification and doubling down on it.

village: AM
neutral leaning village: cubs
Neutral: you
Neutral leaning sketchy: SAR
sketchy: coop, Mel

Current reads. AM and Cubs haven't moved from D1, no reconsidering of initial reads despite her encouraging everyone else to do so. Has Coop in sketch pile, still hasn't said why. Suddenly puts Mel in that pile too after other people already brought him up and he's in danger of the vote. Feels like a shark smelling blood in the water and trying to push another easy lynch. Alternatively, easy to put a fellow wolf in the sketchy pile without actually voting for them for cred later without a true bus.

And that's a quick review of all the content posts Barks has made so far. Very little pushing discussion forward - lots of echoing things that have already been said and what feels like opportunistic wagon jumping. Not sure where AM is seeing a logical progression of reads here.

Thanks for coming to my Barks themed Ted Talk

• Haha
Not liking the silence leading up to this close, eerily similar to the incorrect first lynch. But where else would I go? Just flip to coop? Feel like Mel wouldnt just mail it in on a wolf outing when he hadnt played in a while :thinking: What do you think about that, @Animal Midwife?
I think nothing since five questions of mine were not answered.

I still think coop got spooked that the cyndia wagon would be analyzed so she started pushing me.
You're more likely to get a wolf if you vote for coop.
Have fun!

I still think coop got spooked that the cyndia wagon would be analyzed so she started pushing me.
You're more likely to get a wolf if you vote for coop.
Have fun!
So I started pushing you before you voted Cyndia because I somehow knew you were going to vote her? I'm also not sure how me thinking Cyndia vote gets analyzed means I get spooked as a wolf? But ok

I would now like to present a series of quotes as to why a Barks vote should be considered. I know this is coming late in the cycle, but I didn't have time earlier. I also realize that now that Barks said she won't be around to defend which feels yucky. However, she must have a partner so I'm ok going elsewhere today if people will consider this for tomorrow.

^^Bark's content D1. This stood out to me as, usually, even when she's busy she comes in and makes some really good reads that usually have me stopping to think or agreeing with the points she is making. Here she only offers a "read" on Cubs which basically uses a whole lot of words to say she doesn't have a read on him yet. Throws out a tiny call out of Cyndia to justify staying on her "joke" vote. This feels like a wolf sensing an easy villager target but grasping at straws to make it look not-sketchy when that person flips village.

This whole post is basically rehashing other's opinions already on thread (and even points that out). Additionally, offers a contrary view on Coops but doesn't actually provide any reasoning for why she is reading Coops as wolfy. Also note the "Should everyone just not reconsider their initial reads" - this becomes important for the last quote.

Justifying again the Cyndia vote. Still feels like an easy cop out of a villager lynch when she didn't actually make this statement on D1. I could read this as a busy wolf pulling out the one post that she made that had any form of justification and doubling down on it.

Current reads. AM and Cubs haven't moved from D1, no reconsidering of initial reads despite her encouraging everyone else to do so. Has Coop in sketch pile, still hasn't said why. Suddenly puts Mel in that pile too after other people already brought him up and he's in danger of the vote. Feels like a shark smelling blood in the water and trying to push another easy lynch. Alternatively, easy to put a fellow wolf in the sketchy pile without actually voting for them for cred later without a true bus.

And that's a quick review of all the content posts Barks has made so far. Very little pushing discussion forward - lots of echoing things that have already been said and what feels like opportunistic wagon jumping. Not sure where AM is seeing a logical progression of reads here.

This is a lot of words
Do you have a non-AM partner in mind for barks?

So actually the Coops vote gives us good barks info, since if she flips wolf thats a pretty solid village barks for me referencing my previous statement about her aversion to bussing.

So actually the Coops vote gives us good barks info, since if she flips wolf thats a pretty solid village barks for me referencing my previous statement about her aversion to bussing.
I ask you again, how many days do you think this game can max out to?

And if Coop is village I can totally see a Mel/Barks pack despite the common voting on both days, Again I reference Ireland in which wolves voting together multiple times completely threw people off.

I dunno? Sorry, im a dumb scientist, not a mathematician :(
I'm just saying info is for discussion, not voting. Otherwise, you may find yourself misvoting in *olo, or worse slipping back into the POE, since any wolf can easily push an info vote.

My previous post pointed out I am considering Mel/Barks or Cubs/Barks.

Also man that tie. I go to get ready for bed and you almost 3 way yeet me. Rood
Well apparently no one was around for yeet close except my village reads lol

DAY 2

You really meant to look at the menu. You did. You just....got a little side-tracked.

Yeahhhhh, you're not fooling anyone.

One cat gives you a look of disbelief and trots off, taking the menu with her.

regalcat.jpg

Cat or cow? Someone will certainly never have to answer that question. He must be relieved, he doesn't like those cows. Voted out is @Melchizedek , who was the Biscuits and Gravy with a side of Hash, a vanillager.

images

It is now Night 2. Please send in any actions. Night closes at ~10am, tomorrow, Tuesday, 8/11/2020.

6 players

Roster

1. @Coopah
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @WildZoo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @cubsrule4e
13. @Barkley13

REMOVED FROM THE MENU
7. @Cyndia - Patty Melt, vanillager
B. @Melchizedek - Biscuits and Gravy with a side of Hash, vanillager

*****TABLE OF CONTENTS*****

Last edited:
  • Love
I'm still lost on why almost every post of Mel's seemed so unrelated to the reads of the previous one (including the zero discussion of SAR), but I'll just have to accept that it's hard for me to solve without crucial perspective questions answered, I suppose.