Disney WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As an observer I thought Hedgie was a wolf too. As far as fraud/ lying tactics, one tactic we are taught for spotting liars is use of qualifiers such as "Honestly..." and the repeated justification or statement of status "I'm a villager, what else can I say?" I would have lynched her.
Yes. I find this is true. Except in trading, man traders are the best liars. We just are really good at deception. You just make a flat, bald-faced wrong statement as real. Hard to catch.
 
You mentioned you had a convert option.. .why didn't you use it? was there some downside?

Yeah we couldn't kill anyone the night we converted and the person we chose to convert could decide not to join us. It seemed like too big of a risk at that point and we didn't know if anyone would want to be a wolf. We ended up going after Katie8 that night but she escaped some how so maybe we should have tried.😕 That was the last night I was alive so I don't know if they got another chance.
 
Ok here is how the game breaks down. First, EVERYTHING in the game (besides player decisions) was decided by random chance. Items had a 1-in-7 chance of being lost each night and if they were lost they were randomly found by someone else. Talking about an item did NOT make you lose it. Items were reassigned when a player died holding an item. Secondly, the biggest twist in this game was that we started off with 2 wolf packs that didn't know about each other. Only one could win.You villagers got lucky because the first 2 wolves killed were killed by wolves in the opposite pack. Every 4th night the wolf packs were offered the option to try to convert someone to a wolf. If that person declined the wolves would lose their opportunity to kill that night. Neither pack ever tried to convert (which is why I think they lost).

The seven items:

The dinglehopper- this fork-like object protects you in case of attack. You are not killed but injured (silenced for a day/night). What the possessor wasn't told was that the wolf would also be injured (silenced for a day/night).

The poison apple- The holder of the apple could PM me each night with who they wanted to send the apple to. The apple caused the recipient to be silenced for one day/night.

Beast's magic mirror- The mirror allowed the holder to investigate one person each night. They were told their player status and about any items the person had.

Zazu- allowed the holder to pass a one-way message to one person outside their group. They could send an anonymous message through me if they wanted.

Magic Carpet- allowed you to escape attack unscathed by flying away.

Fairy Godmother- allows holder to protect one person each night.

Compass- misdirected investigation of the holder. Really only useful to wolves.

Here is what happened:
Day 1: Pack A consisted of LIS, squirrelsrule, and sheepdogpsu. Pack B consisted of CFC, SOV, and orcagirl.
orca2011 had the dinglehopper. Minnerbelle had the apple, Sooprnova had the mirror, dyachei had zazu, katie8 had the carpet, DVMDream had the fairy godmother, kakurubird had the compass.
-PetPony elected mayor. Trematode chosen as second in command.

Night 1:
Pack A killed WTF. Pack B tried to kill orca2011. The attack failed because of the dinglehopper, injuring orca2011 and SOV. Sooprnova investigated SOV (a wolf). DVMDream protected Krist. Minnerbelle did not use the apple.

Day 2: Dyachei
lost Zazu which was found by devyn. Bandierose (a villager) was lynched.

Night 2: Pack A killed SOV. Pack B killed Graduatedly. Sooprnova investigated squirrelsrule (a wolf). Dyachei was protected, trematode silenced by the apple.

Day 3: DVMDream lynched (tie decided by petpony).

Night 3: Pack A killed kakurubird. Pack B killed kaydubs. wildcatj was investigated, there was no fairy godmother, and minnerbelle chose not to use the apple.

Day 4: Blackdog618 found the compass. Trematode found the Fairy Godmother. Dyachei lynched.

Night 4: Pack A tried to kill Katie8 who escaped on her flying carpet. Pack B killed minnerbelle. Petpony investigated and protected. Didn't write down who got the apple (oops!) but someone did.

Day 5: Blackdog lost the compass. Katie8 found the apple. Orcagirl found the compass. Blackdog was lynched.

Night 5: Pack A killed Emiloo, Pack B killed Sheepdogpsu who was also investigated. wildcatj protected, Petpony silenced.

Day 6: Katie8 lost the magic carpet which was found by sooprnova. devyn lost zazu which was found by trematode.

Night 6: Pack A killed katie8. Pack B tried to kill orca2011 but failed injuring orca2011 and orcagirl. Trematode investigated, CFC protected, wildcatj got the apple.

Day 7: Sooprnova lost the mirror which was found by tigerwillow. Sunnex found the apple. NStarz lynched.

Night 7:
Pack A killed PetPony. Pack B tried again to kill orca2011 who was injured along with CFC. Hedgiehog was investigated, Tigerwillow protected, LIS got the apple.

Day 8:Trematode promoted to mayor, sooprnova chosen as second. orca2011 lost the dinglehopper which was found by sunnex. Orca2011 lynched.


Night 8:
Pack A had no victim because its only wolf was silenced. Pack B victim was hedgiehog. CFC investigated, wildcatj protected, krist got the apple.

Day 9: Tigerwillow lost the mirror which was found by wildcatj. sunnex lost the apple which was found by tigerwillow. CFC lynched.

Night 9:
Pack A killed devyn. Pack B killed krist. Orcagirl investigated but investigation failed. tigerwillow protected. orcagirl silenced by apple.

Day 10:Tiger Willow lost the apple which was found by wildcatj. sooprnova lost the carpet to LIS. Sunnex lost the dinglehopper to orcagirl. LIS lynched

Night 10:
Pack A was dead. Pack B couldn't attacked because orcagirl was silenced. sunnex was investigated. orcagirl was silenced.

Day 11: orcagirl lynched game over!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There were SO MANY times I wanted to chime in and say something about the magic carpet (since it's the object I started with)!!! AND sorry wildcat I gave you the poisoned apple, and then I died so I could never explain it!
 
Yay!!!! So happy the villagers won!!! Sad I did not make it to the end, but glad we prevailed! Good job guys - can't wait for the next game. I am totally down for a hunger games themed one as I loved the books, but would be up for anything as I just love the problem solving aspect of it all. lol.
 
I know I feel bad for taking you out SOV. That was my choice. I was a newbie wolf and you made me nervous. Wish I had known you were a wolf and I wouldn't have killed you. If we took out soop and left you, wolves probably could have pulled off a victory.

LIS and CFC, did you guys chat about wolfy stuff? Just curious because that was the one pairing I picked up on for sure. Of course I was pretty sure about Hedgie too lol.


I still don't see how there was no wolf in Lion King, didn't LIS's name point to lion king?

So, which game is gonna be next? Never read harry potter, watched twilight, only heard of hunger games, but I'm game for any of them 🙂. I do love Jurassic park, so definitely down for that one whenever.

This game is awesome! Even if I stink. Just hope people will be willing to be on my team, and WON'T be choosing to be on a team with you two soop and wildcat, you guys are ruthless. I really don't get why you were quiet for so long if you knew I was a wolf soop. I would have thought you'd either go for me or try to get info. from me, knowing I was a wolf and wouldn't lead you to any other wolves.

And SOV we could ATTEMPT to convert one player to a wolf on like night 4 or so. They could accept or reject the offer. I was worried a villager would accept and then out us to all the others to help the villagers win. We weren't sure if the villager would know who one or more of us were if we invited them either. Plus, at that point we were doing really good at staying under the radar, so didn't think it was imperative at that point.
 
Thanks Trematode for protecting my butt!!!! I think you did it twice in a row???? Which was smart- I used items twice in a row
 
I know I feel bad for taking you out SOV. That was my choice. I was a newbie wolf and you made me nervous. Wish I had known you were a wolf and I wouldn't have killed you. If we took out soop and left you, wolves probably could have pulled off a victory.
t.
No way for you to have known I was a wolf.
Sadly we were in same group. We could have communicated!
 
And SOV we could ATTEMPT to convert one player to a wolf on like night 4 or so. They could accept or reject the offer. I was worried a villager would accept and then out us to all the others to help the villagers win. We weren't sure if the villager would know who one or more of us were if we invited them either. Plus, at that point we were doing really good at staying under the radar, so didn't think it was imperative at that point.
This is not allowed. You can't convert and then "out" your new fellow wolves. I guess a veteran could have told you that, otherwise conversions would be useless. Oh well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I'm glad to see some of my suspicions were correct even though a took a roundabout and kinda incorrect way to get to them...whoops! Can't wait for the next game! Definitely down for an HP one. And Hunger Games would be fun too, although I've only read the 1st one so far.
 
Oh, I have to ask, why in the world did PetPony and Trematode make me send a message using zazu to hedgiehog saying she had been investigated and would be outed the next day/night cycle?
Good question.

Zazu could have helped the wolves if they ever discovered their counterparties, but wolves never had the mirror to find other wolves, did they?
 
Good question.

Zazu could have helped the wolves if they ever discovered their counterparties, but wolves never had the mirror to find other wolves, did they?
No, no wolf ever had the mirror. Poor Hedgiehog got so confused about the message though. She thought she had been converted to a wolf and didn't get told about it. I felt so bad just saying: I didn't write the message, just passed it on, over and over.
 
I wanted to tell you, but couldn't since I couldn't talk for 2 entire cycles and then you guys killed me. =(

I'm pretty sure I messaged you 10 times about the mirror and knew you were silenced. You shoulda tried to come on the forum earlier!!!! I tried to defend you, but you could have also been tricking me!
 
This is not allowed. You can't convert and then "out" your new fellow wolves. I guess a veteran could have told you that, otherwise conversions would be useless. Oh well.

Darn, wish I had known that.

A wolf switching packs would have been awesome, then they could have said who the wolves from the other pack were and the wolf on wolf violence would have stopped, at least for a little while :meanie:. I would have been happy if either wolf pack won. I thought we had it for a while there, but everything I said at the end just sealed our fate though. Had hedgie actually been a wolf, I think we would have won. Or if I had outted CFC who I was almost positive was a wolf, then we would have been good. I was worried if I outted CFC then they would have went for LIS instead or next with the 2 wolves per group thing that they were thinking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Darn, wish I had known that.

A wolf switching packs would have been awesome, then they could have said who the wolves from the other pack were and the wolf on wolf violence would have stopped, at least for a little while :meanie:. I would have been happy if either wolf pack won. I thought we had it for a while there, but everything I said at the end just sealed our fate though. Had hedgie actually been a wolf, I think we would have won. Or if I had outted CFC who I was almost positive was a wolf, then we would have been good. I was worried if I outted CFC then they would have went for LIS instead or next with the 2 wolves per group thing that they were thinking.

OT side note: your avatar is bad A. I had to do a physics project my junior year of high school and we were given polarizing lenses we had to color a picture using different brands of transparent tape which you could only see the color using the lenses... I picked this exact picture of Chip to use as my project 🙂
 
You did an awesome job modding Lissarae. I loved being a wolf! I am not a very tricky person though, although I do draw a lot of suspicions.
 
This was a really fun game and I was super bad at it. If I play next time I think I'll talk less since that's what got me in trouble in the first place.
 
Yeah we couldn't kill anyone the night we converted and the person we chose to convert could decide not to join us. It seemed like too big of a risk at that point and we didn't know if anyone would want to be a wolf. We ended up going after Katie8 that night but she escaped some how so maybe we should have tried.😕 That was the last night I was alive so I don't know if they got another chance.

I had the magic carpet!!! 🙂
 
This is not allowed. You can't convert and then "out" your new fellow wolves. I guess a veteran could have told you that, otherwise conversions would be useless. Oh well.

Well then, that's my fault. I'm the one that pushed for not converting, specifically because I couldn't find somebody that I felt we could be reasonably sure would convert (for starters), and secondly because I was concerned of the risk of them converting to find our identities, revealing us, and then taking a bullet for the villagers.

LIS and CFC, did you guys chat about wolfy stuff?

Negative! Minnerbelle really did share concerns about CFC with me (I don't believe she knew I was a wolf at the time, but maybe she did and was being tricksy.). I wasn't confident enough about him to share my identity until it was too late to make it worthwhile (i.e. by the time I was confident, I was better off letting him be lynched). She and I talked briefly about the apple, but I had no time to really think about it before the night cycle, and she died the next day or night.

Whatevs!! WIIINNNEERRR

Um. You were awesome, TW, but frankly - most of the villager victory came from two wolf-on-wolf kills. If those hadn't happened ... different outcome. And don't forget - you killed more villagers than wolves. 😉 (But -- congrats!)

Just a few random thoughts:

1) On taking 'experienced' players first. Sorry, but put yourselves in our shoes. We're new, you're not, and we have to pick *SOMEBODY*. Sucky as it is to be WTF ... I can't apologize for what I still think was a good decision. And you were a villager, too. So pbbbbt. As for SOV; yeah, that move backfired big for us. After that we were in a 'take a potshot at each group' mode for a little while until we had a better feel for who the villagers were.

2) On why we took devyn and krist the same night. (I took devyn, I think, and orcagirl took krist.) I was *positive* the other wolf out there would take TigerWillow, and I didn't want to waste a kill opportunity, so I gambled. Clearly a poorly played gamble!

3) Dead people need to try harder not to influence things. Momentum is HUGE in this game - that's obvious even to a n00b like me. To have dead people responding when a live player says 'Why would I lie?' may not seem like much - but it influences.... suddenly you have live players with that much bigger seed of doubt... one votes to lynch.... another....

4) I know it's not against the rules to check login times, but I'd definitely encourage people to mask their presence via the settings. It kinda sucks to get accused mostly on the basis of whether you were on or not because the default assumption is you were here but just afraid to talk. In fact, vet school life gets in the way. Frequently. 🙁

5) Lissa was amazing. Really amazing. I think she responded to every one of my PMs within 30 minutes through the entire game. I sent in one of our night kills and made some comment about wanting to eat our next victim - the Pug, and Lissa rolled with it. Sorry Percy! 🙂

6) This was my first game. Thank you to the experienced and other new players for a really fun time!!! I had a blast! Hope I didn't stink it up too much as a n00b!

7) I got a B (pretty sure, anyway) on my organology test today. I bet I could have gotten an A if it weren't for this game. 😉
 
Fab game lissa!!! This was so much fun to play and the two packs of wolves was Ana awesome idea!
 
Congrats, villagers! It was a lot of fun watching!

I'm definitely up for more games (and since midterms are winding down I can actually play!). I think dyachei and PetPony/Trematode have first dibs, then maybe we could do the Jurassic Park one DVMDream and I are working on?

Didn't they determine in the sanctuary game that the official spelling was cuit*keyboard mash* ? :meanie:

Yep 😉
 
Wait a sec, you guys lnly killed two of yourselves. Let us have some credit.

I agree about me killing off nstarz (biggest regret!!) it was what orca2011 and I discussed. It's so hard being a villager!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, villagers! It was a lot of fun watching!

I'm definitely up for more games (and since midterms are winding down I can actually play!). I think dyachei and PetPony/Trematode have first dibs, then maybe we could do the Jurassic Park one DVMDream and I are working on?



Yep 😉


That should work for me... You will have to do most of the modding though because my work schedule can be quite...random. I could be scheduled from 7AM to 5PM and end up being at work until 10PM....never know what will walk through the door of a vet clinic and most emergencies like to walk in 5 minutes before close or before your shift is over.