Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Day 1 A Murder Would Be Nice of Course Lynch Tally

Zen (1) - Finn
LoTF (4) - zen, Coquette, bjeh, sar
FS () -
Mel the axolotl (2) - LIS, shelter
Dubz () -
Pippy (2) - ny, genny
SAR (4) - pippy, caia, dubz, kcough
LIS (1) - hmoo
STL (2) - AM, rojo
bjeh (1) - FS
hmoo (1) - dds
shelter (1) - Mel
kcough (1) - weim
genny (1) - stl

21/24 voting

LadyOtheFarm and @SARdoghandler you are tied for the lead

Not voting: nohika, Mad Jack, LoTF

Lynch Deadline 10 pm EDT (~8 mins)

Start getting night actions in. Your mods will love you if you get them in early

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like I'm tied up because I've tried to contribute too hard. And obviously I expect LotF to vote for me when she does vote.

I'd encourage people to reconsider my vote. If it's between LotF and myself, she has been much more sketchy than I have, imo. My vote was started because two people thought I was pushing too hard on another player. Isn't that the point of WW?

I just tied it didn't I? Crap.

Where is LotF and how has she not even voted yet??
She unvoted bjeh earlier. Not sure where @LadyOtheFarm is now.

Also, here's the role reveal from earlier, since you were asking.
Hey, I give you links to this beautiful show and this is how you repay me? :(

I'm not a fidget spinner. Don't just toy with me out of boredom.

I'm also not a wolf, just nilla.

He didn't. I had 2 reasons to vote for cheese dick -- 1 was my agreement with LIS to hear out the playing style, the 2nd was my weird feeling from cheese dick's comment on asking all wolves to raise their hands. Separate things~
So why did it bother you that cheesy d was saying that? Did you think it sounded forced?

Last edited:
She unvoted bjeh earlier. Not sure where @LadyOtheFarm is now.

Also, here's the role reveal from earlier, since you were asking.
So the "role reveal" you were referring to was just her saying she wasn't a wolf but was vanilla? So the pseudo-ability reveal then? Calling it a role reveal to me implied she'd come out with her role on thread, or at least strongly hinted at it. Though to be fair, she may have done.

I'm not leaving it a tie kids,

Unlynch SAR
Lynch MJ

All the waffles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course I'm not leading all day until the last minute.

Here's my issue with LotF, which I didn't really want to bring out on thread. I have a super super minor villager character. Like I think my character says one line. And even I have an ability. That makes me doubt a vanillager claim.

Make of it what you will. I won't out my power yet just in case I magically live somehow

Reactions: 1 user
So why did it bother you that cheesy d was saying that? Did you think it sounded forced?

(Edit: ninja'd again)

I do think it sounded forced, and while I get the whole comment about assuming everyone to be honest was sarcastic, I felt like it was a bit out of place and just a strange thing to say, especially as one of (if not the) first things they said.

p.s. I love your cats more than anything

I do think it sounded forced, and while I get the whole comment about assuming everyone to be honest was sarcastic, I felt like it was a bit out of place and just a strange thing to say, especially as one of (if not the) first things they said.

p.s. I love your cats more than anything
Thank you !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: 2 users
Day 1 Final Tally

Zen (1) - Finn
FS () -
Dubz () -
Pippy (2) - ny, genny
SAR (5) - pippy, caia, dubz, rojo, mj
LIS (1) - hmoo
STL (1) - AM
bjeh (1) - FS
hmoo (1) - dds
shelter (1) - Mel
kcough (1) - weim
genny (1) - stl
mj (1) - kcough

22/24 voting

Not voting: nohika, LoTF

Check Your Votes!

Oops. Thought the deadline was a bit later and got sidetracked by Pokemon.

Day 1 Final Tally

Zen (1) - Finn
FS () -
Dubz () -
Pippy (2) - ny, genny
SAR (5) - pippy, caia, dubz, rojo, mj
LIS (1) - hmoo
STL (1) - AM
bjeh (1) - FS
hmoo (1) - dds
shelter (1) - Mel
kcough (1) - weim
genny (1) - stl
mj (1) - kcough

22/24 voting

Not voting: nohika, LoTF

Check Your Votes!
I don't know who Mel the axolotol is... Lis and shelter voted for Cheezy d

Explained that this was a forced typo as my cat accidentally hit my enter button, I'd love it if you'd edit these out so a freak occurrence doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.
eh, I have had my cat step on my keyboard during an endgame dungeon raid. You're apparently acquainted with some lvl 99 paladins; you'll survive.

Reactions: 6 users
Today was a doozy of a day. Some may wonder who I am. I would hope those of you watching my blog know who I am so I don’t think that’s a question that needs to be answered. I’ve tried to stay out of the way and not get involved but it’s tough. Sometimes when you’re just observing from above you really want to intervene and do good (or evil).

I watched a poor guy be swarmed by an angry mob today. They were accusing him of being a wolf. I think they’ve gotten so concerned with the rise in crime in the city that they weren’t able to hear the pleas of the poor man. Even from my lofty perch I could hear the man screaming, “it’s not me, it’s LoTF.” The mob was having none of it though.

Makes me think of a song I heard recently

♫Look at these people - amazing how sheep’ll
Show up for the slaughter
No one condemning you - lined up like lemmings
You led to the water
Why can’t they see what I see?♫

Hopefully you all can gain some useful direction for the morrow. Until then:

You have lynched @SARdoghandler
Other Moving Guy - a VILLAGER who could track (or maybe stalk) one person every night

It is now Night 1. Night will close at 6am EDT

Roster

Caring Hands Soup Kitchen
1. @nyanko
3. @kcoughli
4. @Animal Midwife
5. @LetItSnow

Captain Hammer's Command Center
6. @Caia
7. @WildZoo
8. @SummerTheLynx
9. @thedrjojo
10. @LadyOtheFarm

The Laundromat
11. @Zensing
12. @sheltermed
13. @ddstothecor
14. @finnickthedog
15. @hazelmoo

Dr. Horrible's Lab
16. @Coquette22
17. @Frozenshades
18. @WeimMama
19. @bjeh
20. @PippyPony

Caring Hands Homeless Shelter
21. @genny
22. @nohika
23. @Melchizedek
24. @Mad Jack

Midtown Cemetary
2. sar - Other Moving Guy

UGH

:dead:

this is me dead from cute

I just have a dumb dog and no more kitty:(

edit: what are their names??
The DSH is Troll and the Maine Coone is Dayman (it's always sunny fans will hopefully get the names)

Reactions: 3 users
Why not do a more significant defense if something like tracker? That's one of my favorite roles :(

Probably moving towards an STL, genny, or LoTF vote tomorrow

EDIT: or coquette -- I'd like to hear more from her/don't feel great about where she's sitting on the vote tally

This little furball is simultaneously the biggest source of my frustration and the greatest contributor to my joy. Meet Moo

Attachments

• IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: 3 users
I'm not really trying to defend myself because your vote for me is baseless. Its not really pressure when I know that you are doing it just to put pressure on me.

I get it. I'm the new kid. You're trying to get a read on me.
Lynching me D1 is a terrible way to do that. You have to keep me around to see how I play. Its in your best interest to read me now, in a relatively uncomplicated game because woohoohoo good luck reading me and keeping up with STL's game at the same time.

Nah. Putting pressure on you is a great way to get a read. And sure, my one vote may not be, but a few others can tell me how you react under pressure, which is super valuable.

This little furball is simultaneously the biggest source of my frustration and the greatest contributor to my joy. Meet Moo
I have been dominating the thread too much as per usual, but I can't help myself from responding to this.

Welcome to Pre-Vet, where all your cat pictures will be gladly accepted and fawned over by all

:love::cat:

Last edited:
Unless I'm reading you, at which point my reads are ****, as you so recently pointed out lol

Actually, I think you've read me overall pretty well - just not the last couple games.

I'm often misread. Not because I'm some sort of amazing player, just because people put too much emphasis on being frozen, changing play style (contribution-wise), etc. Nature of my job, my play style appearance is erratic. So it leads to misreads. Is what it is. I accept it.

Overall, I don't like that you get a leeeeeeetle more antagonistic than I'd like, but you are super perceptive. So I like your reads. The tough part is convincing myself whether you're a villager.

Although last time you complimented my reads you were lupine. So... o_O

Eh. I call it like I see it whether I'm wolf or village. It's the "be truthful no matter what" philosophy of play. My play style is opposite of DocE, who is "lie no matter which side you're on".

It's also how I happen to get all over a fellow wolf's ass a game or three ago where I did my reads before checking the wolf thread and realized I was calling out a fellow wolf.

I have been dominating the thread too much as per usual, but I can't help myself.

Welcome to Pre-Vet, where all your cat pictures will be gladly accepted and fawned over by all

:love::cat:
Okay so if I want to increase my post to like ratio
1. Take cat pics
2. Post to Pre-Vet
4.????
5. Profit?

Reactions: 6 users
I also am very displeased with the trend away from PMs. Much can be gained by wolf and villager alike thru naturally occurring PMs that mod controlling and uber limiting them takes away from... I like my cliques and behind the scene moves and have caught more wolves thru them than anything else (often being privy to other people's results and capturing lying wolves) as well as pulled the wolf in sheeps clothing too

Yeah. I have mixed feelings. I don't like too much PM'ing because it shifts much of the strategy out of the main thread. So if you're not privy to the stuff ... the game is horribly frustrating and boring.

But I do like that PM'ing opens up more strategy.

So. *shrug*

I think that's where we stand

Apropos of nothing other than seeing you post something (go ahead, call me wolfy for posting a tangent) ...

... when I was out in Idaho last week I saw a Choco Taco at a nowhere gas station when we were gassing up for some atv'ing in the mountains. I bought it just in honor of you.

Moo looks a little like my girl!

<---- that one

Yeah. I have mixed feelings. I don't like too much PM'ing because it shifts much of the strategy out of the main thread. So if you're not privy to the stuff ... the game is horribly frustrating and boring.

But I do like that PM'ing opens up more strategy.

So. *shrug*

So this has been complained about multiple times now and I'm trying to clarify for myself. Are you saying that only specific roles can pm ex. wolves are still able to pm other wolves; or if its written into a character's ability, or are you saying that ALL pm'ing is disabled period?

Moo looks a little like my girl!

<---- that one
Thats what I thought as soon as I saw your avatar, I figured you'd get a kick out of it too haha

So this has been complained about multiple times now and I'm trying to clarify for myself. Are you saying that only specific roles can pm ex. wolves are still able to pm other wolves; or if its written into a character's ability, or are you saying that ALL pm'ing is disabled period?

Rules:

2. There will be no pms outside of ones set-up by mods

Why not do a more significant defense if something like tracker? That's one of my favorite roles :(

Probably moving towards an STL, genny, or LoTF vote tomorrow

EDIT: or coquette -- I'd like to hear more from her/don't feel great about where she's sitting on the vote tally
I know nothing about anyone's roles and while I am a Dr Horrible enthusiast, I don't play WW often. It was mostly the fact that someone else picked LotF and I was in the middle of two complicated cases at work. Admittedly not a lot of thought on my part. I'm not a wolf.

I'll buy that for now. It makes sense in context but it sure as heck didn't when reading it earlier.

Unlynch sheltermed
Lynch SAR

I just tied it didn't I? Crap.

Where is LotF and how has she not even voted yet??

Yes, yes you did.

If it weren't for the fact that I love to tie it up just to see how people will react, I'd call it sketchy.

But.... I like doing it to see who jumps and how high.

Is that what you wanted to say, though?

So what did CheezyD actually say? I went searching, couldn't find it, concluded he must have edited it out, and then was annoyed I spent all that time looking for it.

Of course I'm not leading all day until the last minute.

Here's my issue with LotF, which I didn't really want to bring out on thread. I have a super super minor villager character. Like I think my character says one line. And even I have an ability. That makes me doubt a vanillager claim.

Make of it what you will. I won't out my power yet just in case I magically live somehow

Actually, the point about abilities is pretty good. My character is about as prominent as SAR's was, and even I have a (passive, minor) ability.

So the vanillager claim does ring kinda hollow.

contingent lynch LOTF

... but I'd love it if someone seer'd CheesyD.

Yes, I saw that rule, hence my confusion. But okay I get it now.