Drexel Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah... I feel your frustration jult24er. This thing called hope is killing me... :(

fired up amcas again? improved your app? i bet, if not this year, you got it next year. 24, 25, not a huge deal, you'll still be doing great if you go in a year ...

Members don't see this ad.

do you guys think that maybe more people in chunks will be taken off the waitlist next week? since it's been only the first week that the waitlist has started to move and they're just being slow...

do you guys think that maybe more people in chunks will be taken off the waitlist next week? since it's been only the first week that the waitlist has started to move and they're just being slow...

My guess is, since we havent heard from them by now, the only way we'd get a spot is if someone declines an acceptance this week or later, i doubt they're any big blocks, if there ever were, those are probably over ... perhaps disqgfish will inject some optimistic thinking though ...

Members don't see this ad :)
called admissions...class is full but people withdraw so that would be the only way to get a spot.

called admissions...class is full but people withdraw so that would be the only way to get a spot.

Wow, at least, even if i never become a doctor, ive learned how to read admissions offices spot-on.

exactly it ain't over til its over!!!!

I called today and asked the guy how likely it was people drop out this late and he sounded reassuring saying it happened all the time. So even though the class is full...there is still hope.

So did anyone start to re-apply for the 2009 cycle yet?

So did anyone start to re-apply for the 2009 cycle yet?

Funny story (sort of): I was convinced that I wasn't going to be accepted this past cycle, and submitted my primary earlier this month. The day I became under review by AMCAS was the day I got the call from Kelli Kennedy.

The moral: REAPPLY!

Funny story (sort of): I was convinced that I wasn't going to be accepted this past cycle, and submitted my primary earlier this month. The day I became under review by AMCAS was the day I got the call from Kelli Kennedy.

The moral: REAPPLY!

I agree. Reapply. I submitted my AMCAS 2 weeks ago. Just got the phone call for med school today (UIC).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I just got into NYU (my first choice) so I will be withdrawing from drexel soon. Another spot should open up later in the week. Good Luck to all of you!!!

I agree. Reapply. I submitted my AMCAS 2 weeks ago. Just got the phone call for med school today (UIC).

Yep!

Hey guys I just got into NYU (my first choice) so I will be withdrawing from drexel soon. Another spot should open up later in the week. Good Luck to all of you!!!

Yep Yep!

See...in less than 10 minutes things are already looking up. Let's hope that new spot goes to someone on here.

Hey guys,
Can you go to the status check site (if your still on the waiting list and haven't been accepted...) and see what happens when you login. I logged in and it brings me to a new page that offers me the option to apply to their biomedical sciences program. I'm thinking that they completely took me off the waitlist, and not in the good way.

Let me know what happens...:(

Hey guys,
Can you go to the status check site (if your still on the waiting list and haven't been accepted...) and see what happens when you login. I logged in and it brings me to a new page that offers me the option to apply to their biomedical sciences program. I'm thinking that they completely took me off the waitlist, and not in the good way.

Wow. Mine has that too...and I've been accepted. Weird.

Hey guys,

Im allowed to apply for biomedical sciences and business studies too :D!!!

Awsome, thanks, congrats. Can you request an SDNer to take your spot?:)

Phew, I was hoping it wasn't just me. Thanks a lot for checking so quickly. It probably doesn't mean anything after all.

same here... I guess that means the school isn't going to take anyone off the waitlist anymore.

same here... I guess that means the school isn't going to take anyone off the waitlist anymore.

They gotta fill KTLION's spot. that means at least one comes off the waitlist. Out of, im guessing, at least 100 ...

The status page is up and running again!

I just got the email today saying my AMCAS has been verified. I would love to follow that with a phone call of acceptance :D

Yes, mine too. I would love to receive a phone call!

The status page is up and running again!

I just got the email today saying my AMCAS has been verified. I would love to follow that with a phone call of acceptance :D

nevermind...good luck.

Last edited:
mistygirl may be a waitlister who is in the process of reapplying in case she doesn't get in.

You are correct, sir, by the look of her post history. I mistook her low post count (18) as an indication of a newbie...

No offense to mistrygirl...

You are correct, sir, by the look of her post history. I mistook her low post count (18) as an indication of a newbie...

No offense to mistrygirl...

haha..that's ok! I'm an infrequent poster...mostly a stalker :)

I was just commenting on the fact that a few people were saying that as soon as they took the next step to reapply, they got a call from a waitlist.

Im officially withdrawn from Drexel as of today so theres now another spot, hopefully for one of you guys. Good Luck!

Hey all. A girl posted over in the Drexel Class of 2012 thread that she was accepted off the waitlist today. So apparently things are still moving a little bit. KTLION24 is male, however, so there could be a chance that his spot is still open...

thanks for letting us know! still hope!

I just got accepted today!!! Got the call from Kelli Kennedy at 6PM!!!

There's still hope :)

I just got accepted today!!! Got the call from Kelli Kennedy at 6PM!!!

There's still hope :)

Congrats! See thats what we were talking about. Act as if ur not getting in and let the waitlist do its thing! :D

Big CONGRATS to U!

Good luck in the scramble now. I hope ur in-state!

This is crazy. I was verified the day after I got the call from Kelli and you were accepted the day after you were verified. Maybe reapplying is the secret.

That's so weird!

I was also signed up to take the MCAT on Aug 5. Whew...dodged one there...

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING!:luck:

Are you guys all still in hopes of getting accepted off the waitlist this week?
I start my first day of work today.... I guess we all have to move on...

Are you guys all still in hopes of getting accepted off the waitlist this week?
I start my first day of work today.... I guess we all have to move on...

Hope work goes well! I dont think I'll be able to completely kill all hope demons until the second day of classes, but I realize the abysmally low chances. Still have some hope fro next year though.

When does school start? Is it really possible that some people get accepted until 2nd day of classes? People drop out of the school that late?

I got a call from a 215 number today while i was in class in the late afternoon. if it was them I would most likely decline. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything tomorrow.

i emailed admissions and they said they will pull off people til aug.11 as long as people continue to withdraw...

and yeah let us know dieselD, that would open up another spot!

i emailed admissions and they said they will pull off people til aug.11 as long as people continue to withdraw...

and yeah let us know dieselD, that would open up another spot!

I dont think it was them. I didnt receive any other calls today. kinda odd though, I never get calls from philly.

has anyone heard anything? anyone getting off the waitlist in the past week? I was told they accept til first day of class...has anyone been told the same? I'll probably call again on monday to see if people are still withdrawing.

I don't think anything has heard anything anymore.
Maybe it's not going to happen anymore... I have given up hopes.

I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! :eek:

I'm going to medical school baby!

that's awesome! congrats! i guess its still not over. hehe

I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! :eek:

I'm going to medical school baby!

Congrats, thats awsome.

Can I ask if you sent an letter of interest or letter of intent? I'm trying to figure out if those help ...