Edward Via - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an II on Jan. 30 (have yet to schedule my interview), but really looking forward to visiting VCOM-Auburn!

Reactions: 2 users
Did any one have difficulty scheduling their interview? As mentioned in my previous post, I received an II Jan. 30 (Admissions left a voicemail), I called back and left a message. They still haven't returned my call and I was really hoping to schedule my interview ASAP.

Just put my tuition deposit check in the mail :). I still cannot believe it sometimes that I am in... For the rotation sites I know they will have some in EAMC and some in Huntsville, what were some of the other sites if anyone can remember?

Did any one have difficulty scheduling their interview? As mentioned in my previous post, I received an II Jan. 30 (Admissions left a voicemail), I called back and left a message. They still haven't returned my call and I was really hoping to schedule my interview ASAP.
I would call back. It's better to call again than to find out in a week that they never received your message. You could probably schedule an interview for next week, or if you're local, maybe even join us tomorrow.

I would call back. It's better to call again than to find out in a week that they never received your message. You could probably schedule an interview for next week, or if you're local, maybe even join us tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm in Florida so it would take a little planning to get to Auburn. I called yesterday and again today (even provided them with another contact number), but still have't heard anything. Should I try emailing at this point?

Just put my tuition deposit check in the mail :). I still cannot believe it sometimes that I am in... For the rotation sites I know they will have some in EAMC and some in Huntsville, what were some of the other sites if anyone can remember?
If you still have the book they gave out at the interview, it lists all the clinical sites currently operating, but it is not a definitive list.

Unfortunately, I'm in Florida so it would take a little planning to get to Auburn. I called yesterday and again today (even provided them with another contact number), but still have't heard anything. Should I try emailing at this point?

I would. Worth pursuing every avenue. They are extremely busy. Not trying to make an excuse, but taking a school off the ground is a ton of work and I know personally that the staff are doing a ton of work

I would. Worth pursuing every avenue. They are extremely busy. Not trying to make an excuse, but taking a school off the ground is a ton of work and I know personally that the staff are doing a ton of work

Thanks for the input! I can imagine they're incredibly and I guess that's why I don't want to bother them, but at the same time I would hate to miss the opportunity to interview and visit the school.

Thanks for the input! I can imagine they're incredibly and I guess that's why I don't want to bother them, but at the same time I would hate to miss the opportunity to interview and visit the school.

Any rational being would understand your motives. Another option is to just continue to call as frequently as you can and just not leave a message.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview today was awesome. Give more info when I get to the airport but biggest detail I wanna say is the class is "half" full. And there is a committee meeting Thursday. So calls Thursday or Friday

Reactions: 1 users
Just remember they're busy doing the job you need them to do. They are the admission staff and they need you to interview (or at least schedule your interview). You're fulfilling their mission by contacting them. That's how I would look at it.

Reactions: 1 user
Just remember they're busy doing the job you need them to do. They are the admission staff and they need you to interview (or at least schedule your interview). You're fulfilling their mission by contacting them. That's how I would look at it.

Good news, Admissions called me back and I was able to schedule my interview for February 12! Thank you for the reassurance!

Those concerned with the rotations also should keep in mind that there are current VCOM students rotating at these institutions to prepare them. So, the inaugural class will likely not have to take the brunt of the initial hiccups.

Those concerned with the rotations also should keep in mind that there are current VCOM students rotating at these institutions to prepare them. So, the inaugural class will likely not have to take the brunt of the initial hiccups.
One thing that is certain in life is that there are always hiccups, practice or no. Still I think VCOM auburn will be just fine

Last edited:
Is it just me or is anyone else finding it virtually impossible to get into contact with anyone from this school?

Is it just me or is anyone else finding it virtually impossible to get into contact with anyone from this school?

I can promise you they arent ignoring you, or anyone, on purpose. I would suggest multiple avenues of contact if you haven't and to keep on trying.

At this point I'm pretty much down to sky writing and smoke signals.

Jasmine answers almost every time I call. But if you can't get ahold of her, call William King. He's at the Virginia campus. His number is listed on the faculty/staff directory.

Regarding the whole rotations uncertainty, VCOM is already well established at other campuses. So, like others have said, I don't think it will be an issue

Reactions: 3 users
ii on Feb 18th. Anyone else interviewing that day?

I'm in!! Did not think that was going to happen :) Guess this California girl is going to have to get used to the South!

Reactions: 9 users
I am giving up my spot to go to my in state school. I hope one of you get it. I truly believe in VCOM-Auburn and the staff there as well. It was very bittersweet to give that up.

I'm still more than happy to answer any questions people may have. PM would be the best way to reach me.

Ask and you shall receive :)

ACCEPTED!!! DEFINITELY going here!!! I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!

Reactions: 6 users

I've had absolutely ZERO issues contacting Mrs. Oliver via phone, email, or even in person. I just don't attempt to contact her Monday morning, Friday afternoon, or during interview dates/times. :)

I'm chalking this up as a silent rejection sigh. I completed back in October, but haven't received a secondary invite. I spoke to Mrs. Oliver a few weeks ago, who by the way is amazingly nice and professional, but still haven't gotten a secondary.

I'm chalking this up as a silent rejection sigh. I completed back in October, but haven't received a secondary invite. I spoke to Mrs. Oliver a few weeks ago, who by the way is amazingly nice and professional, but still haven't gotten a secondary.
Did you check your spam? That's where I found correspondence from VCOM initially!

I'm in!! Did not think that was going to happen :) Guess this California girl is going to have to get used to the South!

Congrats! I spent most of my life in California (So Cal - OC and LA). What part are you from? The South is an adjustment for some, but for me ... I couldn't be any happier. The people here are amazing.

I am giving up my spot to go to my in state school. I hope one of you get it. I truly believe in VCOM-Auburn and the staff there as well. It was very bittersweet to give that up.

I'm still more than happy to answer any questions people may have. PM would be the best way to reach me.

Dude ... we're all sad to see you go, but I know this is just "see you later" and not "goodbye." Thanks for your contributions to our group ... see you on FB. :)

ACCEPTED!! Was absolutely blown away with the professionalism at this school.

Congrats! And yes, these folks have their stuff together. You will also be blown away by the quality of people in our class. We have an amazing cohort forming, and the admissions folks have done an EXCELLLENT job.

Like seeing these new faces! WDE!!!

X 2. WDE my friend!

Mrs. Oliver is ... an absolute angel. We love her. Sorry to hear you have not been contacted; it often comes down to what the adcom feels will be a good fit and not necessarily stats, etc. Personally speaking, I was offered IIs at MD schools (that I ended up declining after my VCOM acceptance) but flat out rejected by a couple of DO schools that had less competitive class profiles. You just never know. Anyhow, the class is not yet full and they are still actively interviewing.

Keep your head up, and good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! I spent most of my life in California (So Cal - OC and LA). What part are you from? The South is an adjustment for some, but for me ... I couldn't be any happier. The people here are amazing.

Dude ... we're all sad to see you go, but I know this is just "see you later" and not "goodbye." Thanks for your contributions to our group ... see you on FB. :)

Congrats! And yes, these folks have their stuff together. You will also be blown away by the quality of people in our class. We have an amazing cohort forming, and the admissions folks have done an EXCELLLENT job.

X 2. WDE my friend!

Mrs. Oliver is ... an absolute angel. We love her. Sorry to hear you have not been contacted; it often comes down to what the adcom feels will be a good fit and not necessarily stats, etc. Personally speaking, I was offered IIs at MD schools (that I ended up declining after my VCOM acceptance) but flat out rejected by a couple of DO schools that had less competitive class profiles. You just never know. Anyhow, the class is not yet full and they are still actively interviewing.

Keep your head up, and good luck!

I'm from the East Bay

So, I just randomly got a call from the VCOM-VA main admissions office today asking if Auburn would be a possibility for me. It's my number one DO school choice since I'm from Tallahassee, FL! I didn't officially get asked for an interview, but the admissions lady on the phone sounded like I was…any insight on this?? I literally haven't had a single II from any school, and I've been completed since October. My MCAT score wasn't very good and I knew that, so I've become okay with taking a year off and have found a full-time job…now I'm VERY confused on what is going on lol

So, I just randomly got a call from the VCOM-VA main admissions office today asking if Auburn would be a possibility for me. It's my number one DO school choice since I'm from Tallahassee, FL! I didn't officially get asked for an interview, but the admissions lady on the phone sounded like I was…any insight on this?? I literally haven't had a single II from any school, and I've been completed since October. My MCAT score wasn't very good and I knew that, so I've become okay with taking a year off and have found a full-time job…now I'm VERY confused on what is going on lol
Call back! It'll be the same lady - Jasmine Oliver - answering the phone and I'm sure she'll be happy to clear it up for ya. Best of luck!

Call back! It'll be the same lady - Jasmine Oliver - answering the phone and I'm sure she'll be happy to clear it up for ya. Best of luck!

No, it was someone named Megan from the VA office…that's why I'm confused because it wasn't from the Auburn campus and I wasn't ACTUALLY offered an interview, only if I would consider Auburn. Only issue is I'm now in line to getting a job with a dermatology program, and its a year-long full-time commitment, so I kind of need to know what I'm doing lol

No, it was someone named Megan from the VA office…that's why I'm confused because it wasn't from the Auburn campus and I wasn't ACTUALLY offered an interview, only if I would consider Auburn. Only issue is I'm now in line to getting a job with a dermatology program, and its a year-long full-time commitment, so I kind of need to know what I'm doing lol
It may be a little late to call the VA campus (eastern time zone) today but you can still call Auburn? They may have some insight into what's going on.
If not, I'd call first thing in the morning. Call until someone picks up and get it figured out. Sounds like you're in an odd position currently and you need it cleared up ASAP...

It may be a little late to call the VA campus (eastern time zone) today but you can still call Auburn? They may have some insight into what's going on.
If not, I'd call first thing in the morning. Call until someone picks up and get it figured out. Sounds like you're in an odd position currently and you need it cleared up ASAP...

I just called Jasmine Oliver and left a message. Thanks for your insight! But yes, I'm in the position for a great job after graduation if I don't get in to school this year and just don't want to mess that up!

Anyone know if dual degrees will be offered at this campus?
Short answer I got was yes. No DO/phd's as of yet. but there will be other options. The message I received all day is auburn is ecstatic about VCOM being there and to Dr. Palmarozzi's credit she is working her ass off to get the first year's class as many opportunities as possible.

I got the same call today from VCOM-VA about Auburn. No II but just gauging my interest in Auburn.