Endodontic Residency Interviews 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspirant89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets keep a running list of interview dates. As you get them please update the list with the date(s) of the interview, and how you got the invite (phone or email).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted PASS May 30 and had supplemental mailed to NC June 3rd. Still have not heard anything

any other interviews yet? Also, does any one know how to payy the supplemental fees for Boston, VCU and WVU?

any other interviews yet? Also, does any one know how to payy the supplemental fees for Boston, VCU and WVU?

For Boston, they will be sending over the link for additional payment via email hopefully by next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your app is in right now you are good to go. You are definitely not too late. A reminder, each program receives ~ 90 applications, some more than others. And each program will only interview between 9-15 candidates ultimately accepting 3-4. Some less than that. If you don’t get an interview at a school it’s just because you are not exactly what they are looking for. Every program is unique and fills their class differently. It’s a weird process and doesn’t make sense all the time. If you applied broadly you’ll probably end up with more interviews than you even want to attend. Good luck everyone.

Guys, also be aware that some schools will send out different waves of invites; they see how many accept from the first and then send out more waves accordingly. Don't freak out yet.

Guys, also be aware that some schools will send out different waves of invites; they see how many accept from the first and then send out more waves accordingly. Don't freak out yet.
Yeah I just applied to SLU today :/

Applied to UNC 5/25 via PASS (however PASS has not uploaded my NBDE scores yet)
Finished application to SLU 6/3.

Perhaps I applied to SLU too late?

I think you’re fine. I’m sure they’ll send out more invites #beingoptimistic

DAT , transcripts and photo I think
You're right. I wasnt aware of those being required until I called them to check. Submitted that stuff on June 4th but I guess that was too late for them.
The application process is certainly not consistant with different programs requesting different materials even though they all utilize PASS.

Stole the list from the previous thread, so sorry if there are mistakes. This makes it easier to find dates a little quicker than reading through all the comments as dates are added. I'll try to update this list as more people post their invites.

University of Alabama at Birmingham - July 26 (phone) - changed mid July to Aug 23 due to "emergency situation"
Loma Linda University - August 4 (mail)
University of California at Los Angeles - Aug 2 (phone)
University of California at San Francisco - July 11; Aug 6 (email)
University of Southern California - July 30th (email)
University of the Pacific - July 25th (Phone)
University of Connecticut - July 25th (Phone); Aug 14th (email)
Nova Southeastern University - July 16th (email)
University of Florida - July 25 & 26 (email)
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - July 29 (email)
University of Illinois at Chicago - July 17-18 (email)
Indiana University - July 8 (email)
University of Iowa - July 15 or 16 (email)
University of Louisville - July 19th (phone)
Louisiana State University - July 26 (phone)
University of Maryland - Aug 7 & 14 (email?)
Boston University - July 25 or 29th; Aug 5, Aug 15 (email)
Harvard University - July 12th or 19th (phone)
Tufts University - July 29- Aug 1 (email)
University of Detroit Mercy - Aug 5 (email)
University of Michigan - Aug 5 (email)
University of Minnesota - July 12 (email)
Saint Louis University - July 9 (email)
University of Missouri-Kansas City - July 25 (email)
University of Nebraska - Aug 15, 16 (from ADEA PASS Search Engine)
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - July 29 & Aug 12 (phone)
Columbia University - Aug 13, 14, or 15 (email)
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - Aug 1 or 2 (email)
New York University - July 16 or July 30; Aug 13 (email)
Stony Brook University - Aug 1 (email)
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York - Aug 19,20, 21, 22 (email)
University of North Carolina - July 1 (email)
Case Western Reserve University - October?
Ohio State University - 25 or 26 July (phone)
Oregon Health & Science University - July 24 or 25 (email)
Albert Einstein Medical Center - July 25 (email)
Temple University - Aug 6 (email)
University of Pennsylvania - July 22 or July 29 (email)
University of Pittsburgh - Early Aug?
Medical University of South Carolina - ??
University of Tennessee Health Science Center - July 24, 26
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - July 15 (phone)
University of Texas at Houston - July 15 (email)
University of Texas at San Antonio - Aug 2 (phone)
Virginia Commonwealth University - July 24 (email)
University of Washington - July 15 or 17 (email)
West Virginia University- Aug 5 (email)
Marquette University- Aug 2 (phone)
VA New York - ??

Last & Final Update Edit 9/25/19

Last edited:
Tufts sent out interviews already? Can anyone confirm this?

Tufts sent out interviews already? Can anyone confirm this?
No, that’s the old list from last year or a couple years ago. People ask the same thing every year about Tufts. They usually run a little later anyways.

No, that’s the old list from last year or a couple years ago. People ask the same thing every year about Tufts. They usually run a little later anyways.
Do you know when tufts sent out interview invites last cycle? Also did they ever send you an email stating that your application was complete?

Do you know when tufts sent out interview invites last cycle? Also did they ever send you an email stating that your application was complete?
Someone posted last year that they received an invite via email on June 25th for July either 29,30-Aug 1,2. I didn’t apply Tufts so I am not sure about that app complete notification.

Yeah got email from Tufts today. Application not complete. They need the DAT. Meanwhile I sent them the DAT early May.

I'm glad people are getting interviews already!

Appears that the interview notifications are starting out similar to last year. Based on the posts from last year, are invites also sent out on the weekends? Has anyone had the experience of weekend interview invitations notifications?

I'm glad people are getting interviews already!

Appears that the interview notifications are starting out similar to last year. Based on the posts from last year, are invites also sent out on the weekends? Has anyone had the experience of weekend interview invitations notifications?
They were all sent on weekdays. This is usually the case because a lot of schools call and the ones that email may ask you to call and confirm.

I think you’re fine. I’m sure they’ll send out more invites #beingoptimistic

SLU sends out only one round of interviews and only has one interview date. I interviewed there 2 yrs ago. If you didn't get an invite, unfortunately, you can probably count yourself out at that program (unless things have changed in the last 2 yrs)

SLU sends out only one round of interviews and only has one interview date. I interviewed there 2 yrs ago. If you didn't get an invite, unfortunately, you can probably count yourself out at that program (unless things have changed in the last 2 yrs)

Well, that eliminates one for me. Here’s hoping for some responses this week. :fingerscrossed:

Reactions: 1 users
Baylor called candidates last friday. didn’t get an invite. There is only one round of interview

If your app is in right now you are good to go. You are definitely not too late. A reminder, each program receives ~ 90 applications, some more than others. And each program will only interview between 9-15 candidates ultimately accepting 3-4. Some less than that. If you don’t get an interview at a school it’s just because you are not exactly what they are looking for. Every program is unique and fills their class differently. It’s a weird process and doesn’t make sense all the time. If you applied broadly you’ll probably end up with more interviews than you even want to attend. Good luck everyone.

By what date is my application early, and by what date should I be worried that my application is getting late? I submitted and paid for my ADEA PASS applications on May 23. I had all of my documents submitted and received but my school did not submit the Dean's letter until June 15, even though I requested it the first-day PASS opened on May 15. Now I am still waiting for my final PEF, which should be submitted any day now. Should I be worried?

By what date is my application early, and by what date should I be worried that my application is getting late? I submitted and paid for my ADEA PASS applications on May 23. I had all of my documents submitted and received but my school did not submit the Dean's letter until June 15, even though I requested it the first-day PASS opened on May 15. Now I am still waiting for my final PEF, which should be submitted any day now. Should I be worried?
I think the schools are able to do a preliminary review of your application even when it is incomplete. My transcripts havn't uploaded yet but already got a few interview invites, so hopefully you aren't missing out on anything.