*****Official PASS 2026 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***

Started by rb19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the cost of attendance for LSU? Can't find any info.

Also does anyone have a list of costs of attendance for several endo programs? Anyone ever compile something like that. Im working on one myself but it's pretty tedious.
Use chat gpt but double check the answers it gives you. Saves a lot of time but sometimes it thinks there’s one semester per year or that a program is three years instead of two.
 
How soon after interviews are spots offered? Do you have a specific number of days to accept? I have heard also that if you accept an offer you are not allowed to accept another and decline the first. Is this the case?
 
How soon after interviews are spots offered? Do you have a specific number of days to accept? I have heard also that if you accept an offer you are not allowed to accept another and decline the first. Is this the case?
They will discuss all this with you. It happens fast. 1-3 days offers come out and then they will go over the rest with you. Some directly ask you to sign a letter of intent right away.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the cost of attendance for LSU? Can't find any info.

Also does anyone have a list of costs of attendance for several endo programs? Anyone ever compile something like that. Im working on one myself but it's pretty tedious.
I heard from someone who recently graduated from LSU endo that the tuition for OOS students was around $20k for two years, which is crazy cheap compared to most other programs..
 
Random question for those in residency and practicing endos. How much endo are you expected to know when you start residency? Does it vary by program?

I have been in practice for a few years and fairly familiar with all straight forward cases including molars that are non complex in anyway. I typically do a few non surgical treatments each week of non calcified cases but I wonder if it would help/hurt to have more/less experience with difficult cases.
 
Random question for those in residency and practicing endos. How much endo are you expected to know when you start residency? Does it vary by program?

I have been in practice for a few years and fairly familiar with all straight forward cases including molars that are non complex in anyway. I typically do a few non surgical treatments each week of non calcified cases but I wonder if it would help/hurt to have more/less experience with difficult cases.
I have never done a Maxillary molar before residency. Nobody asked anything about my prior experience.
 
Random question for those in residency and practicing endos. How much endo are you expected to know when you start residency? Does it vary by program?

I have been in practice for a few years and fairly familiar with all straight forward cases including molars that are non complex in anyway. I typically do a few non surgical treatments each week of non calcified cases but I wonder if it would help/hurt to have more/less experience with difficult cases.
I didn't have to do any molars before. I have treated teeth through crowns, if that's worth anything to you. I have also had cases with dilacerations. You can do difficult cases, but you are applying to endo to learn how to do difficult cases, so not expected of you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys when it comes to CV's, How long or short is appropriate? Ive seen some that are 2 pages and some that are 20+ pages with lots of description.

For endo residency do we want a short one (1-2 pages) with no descriptions of the experiences because they are receiving so many or make them long and descriptive. Im running into the issue of having 3-4 pages with short descriptions of certain experiences such as research, work experience, etc.
 
Hey guys when it comes to CV's, How long or short is appropriate? Ive seen some that are 2 pages and some that are 20+ pages with lots of description.

For endo residency do we want a short one (1-2 pages) with no descriptions of the experiences because they are receiving so many or make them long and descriptive. Im running into the issue of having 3-4 pages with short descriptions of certain experiences such as research, work experience, etc.
A cv is long and comprehensive. I resume is short and concise. I personally would not read a 20 page cv.
 
Hey guys what is considered a good/acceptable ADAT score. I just took mine a couple weeks ago still waiting on scores but the data seems to be all over the place, some say 600 or nothing, some say as long as your above 500 your fine.
 
Hey guys what is considered a good/acceptable ADAT score. I just took mine a couple weeks ago still waiting on scores but the data seems to be all over the place, some say 600 or nothing, some say as long as your above 500 your fine.
600+ is greater than 90th percentile so quite good, 500 is respectable but not going to compensate if you have a lower gpa. Honestly I scored highly on the ADAT and did get accepted but I’m not convinced many of the schools even looked at my score.
 
Hey guys when it comes to CV's, How long or short is appropriate? Ive seen some that are 2 pages and some that are 20+ pages with lots of description.

For endo residency do we want a short one (1-2 pages) with no descriptions of the experiences because they are receiving so many or make them long and descriptive. Im running into the issue of having 3-4 pages with short descriptions of certain experiences such as research, work experience, etc.
As short as possible, anything more than 2 pages better be amazingggggg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m hoping to connect with anyone who has gone through the Montefiore Endodontic Fellowship program and then successfully matched into an endo residency the following cycle. I’d really appreciate hearing about your experiences with the program and how it impacted your application.
A little about me:
  • Graduated dental school in 22' (GPA 3.2)
  • Completed a GPR in 23'
  • Have been practicing as an associate GP for 2 years
  • Taken a good amount of CE focused on endodontics
I’m strongly considering applying for the Montefiore fellowship and want to get a realistic sense of how much it helps with residency placement, what the clinical exposure is like, and how competitive it is to get in.
Is it worth doing the fellowship and taking the substantial income loss? (70k vs ~300k)
Should I still take the ADAT to compensate for my avg GPA in dental school?

Any advice, personal experiences, or even second-hand knowledge would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance.
 
I’m hoping to connect with anyone who has gone through the Montefiore Endodontic Fellowship program and then successfully matched into an endo residency the following cycle. I’d really appreciate hearing about your experiences with the program and how it impacted your application.
A little about me:
  • Graduated dental school in 22' (GPA 3.2)
  • Completed a GPR in 23'
  • Have been practicing as an associate GP for 2 years
  • Taken a good amount of CE focused on endodontics
I’m strongly considering applying for the Montefiore fellowship and want to get a realistic sense of how much it helps with residency placement, what the clinical exposure is like, and how competitive it is to get in.
Is it worth doing the fellowship and taking the substantial income loss? (70k vs ~300k)
Should I still take the ADAT to compensate for my avg GPA in dental school?

Any advice, personal experiences, or even second-hand knowledge would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance.
If you’re the type of person who would regret it for the rest of your life if you don’t apply to endodontic residency, then I’d consider doing everything you can to pursue it. I’ve seen several people who got into endo residency after completing the Montefiore fellowship, so it can definitely be worthwhile if residency is your ultimate goal.

That said, just to give you a realistic perspective—my program (which I won’t name, but is considered one of the more expensive ones) received over 150 applications for just 3 positions. This gives you an idea of how competitive admissions can be.

If you decide to do the fellowship, I’d recommend looking for opportunities to get involved in endodontically related research and, most importantly, to build close relationships with endodontists, faculty, and residents whenever possible.

By the way, are you guaranteed a spot in the fellowship? I’m not sure how competitive that program is to get into. I also know that other schools, like the UT Houston and the University of the Pacific (and likely others), offer internship programs (tuition-based) that can also strengthen your application—though they do require additional time and financial investment.


Hope this helps!
 
Last edited:
I’m hoping to connect with anyone who has gone through the Montefiore Endodontic Fellowship program and then successfully matched into an endo residency the following cycle. I’d really appreciate hearing about your experiences with the program and how it impacted your application.
A little about me:
  • Graduated dental school in 22' (GPA 3.2)
  • Completed a GPR in 23'
  • Have been practicing as an associate GP for 2 years
  • Taken a good amount of CE focused on endodontics
I’m strongly considering applying for the cand want to get a realistic sense of how much it helps with residency placement, what the clinical exposure is like, and how competitive it is to get in.
Is it worth doing the fellowship and taking the substantial income loss? (70k vs ~300k)
Should I still take the ADAT to compensate for my avg GPA in dental school?

Any advice, personal experiences, or even second-hand knowledge would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance.
Yes I would recommend taking the ADAT and also applying into the fellowship. doing both and if you get in, thats great. but if you don't get in, you would say hey at least I tried.
My program has 300 applicants for 3 spots (paid one). so do the stats on that.

​

 
Yes I would recommend taking the ADAT and also applying into the fellowship. doing both and if you get in, thats great. but if you don't get in, you would say hey at least I tried.
My program has 300 applicants for 3 spots (paid one). so do the stats on that.

​

Which source is better to score high in ADAT?
I hear mixed ideas about CrackADAT and Knockout !
 
I’m hoping to connect with anyone who has gone through the Montefiore Endodontic Fellowship program and then successfully matched into an endo residency the following cycle. I’d really appreciate hearing about your experiences with the program and how it impacted your application.
A little about me:
  • Graduated dental school in 22' (GPA 3.2)
  • Completed a GPR in 23'
  • Have been practicing as an associate GP for 2 years
  • Taken a good amount of CE focused on endodontics
I’m strongly considering applying for the Montefiore fellowship and want to get a realistic sense of how much it helps with residency placement, what the clinical exposure is like, and how competitive it is to get in.
Is it worth doing the fellowship and taking the substantial income loss? (70k vs ~300k)
Should I still take the ADAT to compensate for my avg GPA in dental school?

Any advice, personal experiences, or even second-hand knowledge would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance.
Take what you will but everyone i know who were doing an internship got accepted that year
 
Which source is better to score high in ADAT?
I hear mixed ideas about CrackADAT and Knockout !
I used both and did well. Knockout was more representative of the exam but too few questions. CrackADAT has a ton of questions but a lot are way harder than what is on the actual exam. Still would recommend a combination of the two.
 
Last edited:
How soon after interviews are spots offered? Do you have a specific number of days to accept? I have heard also that if you accept an offer you are not allowed to accept another and decline the first. Is this the case?
The PD called me 2 hours after the interview ended same day and they asked me for verbal acceptance of the offer.

Other applicants I met had interviews at other places the next day/next few days because during interview season they can be back-to-back. I feel like you could always frame it in a positive way to pull off what you want - something like "Thank you so much, I am honored to be selected for your program blah blah... your program is my top choice, but I do have an interview at another program tomorrow that I committed to going to. Out of respect for the other program and being mindful of the time sensitive decision for your program, I will touch base with you tomorrow." Something like that should be respectable, transparent, and professional while maintaining integrity and character.

To answer your final question, this may be against the grain but there's no "set rule" for this. It's a dog-eat-dog situation; there was an applicant in my cohort that accepted the offered and they declined it a few days later and went with a diff program.... soooo.... probably not the most tasteful thing but in the end you have to make the best decision for you.
 
The PD called me 2 hours after the interview ended same day and they asked me for verbal acceptance of the offer.

Other applicants I met had interviews at other places the next day/next few days because during interview season they can be back-to-back. I feel like you could always frame it in a positive way to pull off what you want - something like "Thank you so much, I am honored to be selected for your program blah blah... your program is my top choice, but I do have an interview at another program tomorrow that I committed to going to. Out of respect for the other program and being mindful of the time sensitive decision for your program, I will touch base with you tomorrow." Something like that should be respectable, transparent, and professional while maintaining integrity and character.

To answer your final question, this may be against the grain but there's no "set rule" for this. It's a dog-eat-dog situation; there was an applicant in my cohort that accepted the offered and they declined it a few days later and went with a diff program.... soooo.... probably not the most tasteful thing but in the end you have to make the best decision for you.
This is very insightful, thank you for your response
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone knows anything about the program: why they are not accepting application now ? how many internships per year usually and is it open every year? do you do hands on or only lectures??