Endodontic Residency Interviews 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By what date is my application early, and by what date should I be worried that my application is getting late? I submitted and paid for my ADEA PASS applications on May 23. I had all of my documents submitted and received but my school did not submit the Dean's letter until June 15, even though I requested it the first-day PASS opened on May 15. Now I am still waiting for my final PEF, which should be submitted any day now. Should I be worried?
If your full app is not submitted/ completed right now, I WOULD have said it is late. But, if people are receiving interviews without PASS being completely submitted/ completed then it’s obviously not a problem. Majority of 1st round interviews should be sent out in the next 3 weeks. SLU, UW, IOWA, TEXASes are always early. Indiana was definitely not this early last year and I am not sure about UNC. But schools can change their approach every year. Some schools are also going through Director changes right now, so they may be a little more unpredictable with their timing

Members don't see this ad.

Majority of 1st round interviews should be sent out in the next 3 weeks. SLU, UW, IOWA, TEXASes are always early. Indiana was definitely not this early last year and I am not sure about UNC.

Appreciate your insight!

Speaking of UW or Iowa, has anyone heard anything?

UPenn sent out emails regarding completed applications, but I haven’t heard any interview action yet.

I think the schools are able to do a preliminary review of your application even when it is incomplete. My transcripts havn't uploaded yet but already got a few interview invites, so hopefully you aren't missing out on anything.

Did you already complete the supplemental applications for those schools that invited you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate your insight!

Speaking of UW or Iowa, has anyone heard anything?

UPenn sent out emails regarding completed applications, but I haven’t heard any interview action yet.
Nothing yet from Iowa or UW. Both programs said interviews will be mid July though

Yeah got email from Tufts today. Application not complete. They need the DAT. Meanwhile I sent them the DAT early May.
I didn’t see anywhere that they need the DAT. Do you just submit directly to them the DAT scores??

Stole the list from the previous thread, so sorry if there are mistakes. This makes it easier to find dates a little quicker than reading through all the comments as dates are added.

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University - July 29 (email)
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University - July 8 (email)
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota July 12 (email)
Saint Louis University - July 9 (email)
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska - Aug 15, 16 (from ADEA Pass Search Engine)
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University - 2nd and 3rd week of August (from ADEA Pass Search Engine)
Lutheran Medical Center
New York University
State University of New York at Stony Brook
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina - July 1 (email)
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University - July 24, 25 (from ADEA Pass Search Engine)
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - July 15 (phone)
University of Texas at Houston - July 15 (email)
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York

I was perusing previous years... it seems like interviews have been a bit slower this cycle... or I’m just anxious.

I was perusing previous years... it seems like interviews have been a bit slower this cycle... or I’m just anxious.
This period of late june/early July is certainly nerve racking. I dont think there's a pattern. On one hand, some programs are a bit "late" on invitations...on the other hand UNC is interviewing on July 1st

Reactions: 1 users
Lets keep a running list of interview dates. As you get them please update the list with the date(s) of the interview, and how you got the invite (phone or email).
Any invitations for University of Tennessee Health Science Center?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any invitations for University of Tennessee Health Science Center?
UTHSC very recently got a new chair and program director. Normally they interview early-mid July. But probably best to consider them a "question mark" for now.

Reactions: 1 user
UTHSC very recently got a new chair and program director. Normally they interview early-mid July. But probably best to consider them a "question mark" for now.
Thank you Eric for updating me.

A couple of days ago and no idea about the waves of invites.

UT Houston July 15 via email. Application was submitted June 5. Good luck to everyone!

UoI Chicago - July 17th and 18th (email)
Marquette - Aug 2 (phone)
UCSF - Aug 6th (email)

University of the Pacific - July 25th (Phone)

does tufts email you to make the $125 payment? I haven't received anything from them yet....

If your full app is not submitted/ completed right now, I WOULD have said it is late. But, if people are receiving interviews without PASS being completely submitted/ completed then it’s obviously not a problem. Majority of 1st round interviews should be sent out in the next 3 weeks. SLU, UW, IOWA, TEXASes are always early. Indiana was definitely not this early last year and I am not sure about UNC. But schools can change their approach every year. Some schools are also going through Director changes right now, so they may be a little more unpredictable with their timing

Due to unforseen and unfortunate circumstances, I was not able to officially complete my entire application on PASS until July 20 (all supplementals were finished by the end of June). I completed my part of the application by May 16. Do you think my chances for this cycle have been greatly diminished? I was thinking of adding more schools to increase my chances of interview/acceptance but would it be even worth the money at this point?

Last edited:
Updated comprehensive list of programs and their respective interview dates as reported by other posters here:

University of Alabama at Birmingham – 7/26 (phone)
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco – 8/6, 8/11 (email)
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific – 7/25 (phone)
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University - July 29 (email)
University of Illinois at Chicago – July 17, July 18 (email)

Indiana University - July 8 (email)
University of Iowa – July 15, 16 (email)
University of Louisville – 7/19 (phone)

Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University – 7/29, 7/30, 7/31, 8/1 (email)
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota July 12 (email)
Saint Louis University - July 9 (email)
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska - Aug 15, 16 (from ADEA Pass Search Engine)
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University - 2nd and 3rd week of August (from ADEA Pass Search Engine)
Lutheran Medical Center
New York University – 7/16 (email)
State University of New York at Stony Brook
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina - July 1 (email)
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University - July 24, 25 (from ADEA Pass Search Engine)
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - July 15 (phone)
University of Texas at Houston - July 15 (email)

University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University – 7/24 (email)
University of Washington - 7/15, 7/17 (email)

West Virginia University
Marquette University – 8/2 (phone)
VA New York

Is there any international graduate who got invite? Thanks