RHL ONE

CLASS OF 2020!!
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Can anyone give an impression of how soon after Friday we can expect to be contacted by our programs? When does the on-boarding and all the employment stuff typically begin?
Hold my beer. Actually my time zone makes it 9 AM so at least there is that.
so programs now know their roster. What are the chances a resident/PD would give us a hint where we match? like maybe a friend request in facebook? lol. Im just so anxious.

The_Bird

Smash capitalism and chug the coleslaw juice
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
so programs now know their roster. What are the chances a resident/PD would give us a hint where we match? like maybe a friend request in facebook? lol. Im just so anxious.
I wondered about that too, but I reckon it’s against Da Rulez

Reactions: ciestar and RHL ONE
About the Ads

The_Bird

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Do the residents know at this point or just the PDs?
At one of my programs, I’ve heard that the PD can send out a memo to faculty and residents.

Reactions: Osteoth

The_Bird

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
we are also in unprecedented times, so you never know. lol
“In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re letting our residents know who their incoming interns will be ONE. HOUR. EARLIER!!”

Epilepsy365

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Oct 1, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The state of Massachusetts just passed legislation to expedite licensing for recent grads. So while I’m excited to match, 3 of my top 5 are in Mass this future ER doc is not excited to hop in this fight just yet.
brah, your stayacation is ova!!! Good news is that you get paid 2 months early. Bad news is that your last 2 months of tuition is non-refundable.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Crazy and surreal to think that it all comes down to tomorrow. 4 years of hard work, ups and downs, long hours, stress, anxiety, etc. I know everyone says the time goes fast but these last 4 years went by in an absolute blur. Especially these last two years on rotations. Plus, with this pandemic, a lot of uncertainty over what will happen over the next several months. Crazy times.

About the Ads

MerYangBey

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2015
Status
Medical Student
My state just asked medical students to volunteer to test patients.
Third year med student evaluation post coronavirus crisis:
Student volunteered to test patients for corona virus. They worked 14 hours a day. Sometimes having to resort to using homemade masks due to lack of PPE”
Final grade: 3/5 pass

Jun 11, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Third year med student evaluation post coronavirus crisis:
Student volunteered to test patients for corona virus. They worked 14 hours a day. Sometimes having to resort to using homemade masks due to lack of PPE”
Final grade: 3/5 pass
Fund of knowledge limited to infectious disease. Would encourage student to review literature outside of their area of interest.

About the Ads

The_Bird

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
So what y’all reckon our chances are , roughly, of matching in our top 3? I figure it’s pretty good!

not that I’d be really unhappy until I’m down around 8, but ideally...

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student

ChiTownBHawks

5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Sent from my SM-G981U using SDN mobile
Dude. Go away. Why would you ruin current fourth years prime time? Literally the moment they’ve worked 4 years for and you come here to lay this steaming pile?

About the Ads
About the Ads