MD co ‘20 Residency Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone give an impression of how soon after Friday we can expect to be contacted by our programs? When does the on-boarding and all the employment stuff typically begin?
Hold my beer. Actually my time zone makes it 9 AM so at least there is that.
so programs now know their roster. What are the chances a resident/PD would give us a hint where we match? like maybe a friend request in facebook? lol. Im just so anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
so programs now know their roster. What are the chances a resident/PD would give us a hint where we match? like maybe a friend request in facebook? lol. Im just so anxious.
I wondered about that too, but I reckon it’s against Da Rulez

Members don't see this ad :)
The state of Massachusetts just passed legislation to expedite licensing for recent grads. So while I’m excited to match, 3 of my top 5 are in Mass this future ER doc is not excited to hop in this fight just yet.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
we are also in unprecedented times, so you never know. lol
“In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re letting our residents know who their incoming interns will be ONE. HOUR. EARLIER!!”

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
The state of Massachusetts just passed legislation to expedite licensing for recent grads. So while I’m excited to match, 3 of my top 5 are in Mass this future ER doc is not excited to hop in this fight just yet.

brah, your stayacation is ova!!! Good news is that you get paid 2 months early. Bad news is that your last 2 months of tuition is non-refundable.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I wondered about that too, but I reckon it’s against Da Rulez

Can't they just send me a winking emoji? I mean, that could mean anything!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
“In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re letting our residents know who their incoming interns will be ONE. HOUR. EARLIER!!”
That NRMP email last night send me into torsades...I thought they were about to release the results right there and then.

Crazy and surreal to think that it all comes down to tomorrow. 4 years of hard work, ups and downs, long hours, stress, anxiety, etc. I know everyone says the time goes fast but these last 4 years went by in an absolute blur. Especially these last two years on rotations. Plus, with this pandemic, a lot of uncertainty over what will happen over the next several months. Crazy times.

Reactions: 9 users
My state just asked medical students to volunteer to test patients.

• Wow
  • Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For being < 24 hours until our fates are sealed, THERE IS NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH PANIC IN THIS THREAD!!!

1584654105659.png

1584654050318.png

Reactions: 8 users
My state just asked medical students to volunteer to test patients.

Third year med student evaluation post coronavirus crisis:
Student volunteered to test patients for corona virus. They worked 14 hours a day. Sometimes having to resort to using homemade masks due to lack of PPE”
Final grade: 3/5 pass

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Third year med student evaluation post coronavirus crisis:
Student volunteered to test patients for corona virus. They worked 14 hours a day. Sometimes having to resort to using homemade masks due to lack of PPE”
Final grade: 3/5 pass
Fund of knowledge limited to infectious disease. Would encourage student to review literature outside of their area of interest.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Fund of knowledge limited to infectious disease. Would encourage student to review literature outside of their area of interest.

Makes me want to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont wanna wait anymore. I feel sick

• Inappropriate
I didn’t sleep well Sunday night, Monday night, or Tuesday night, so I had to take some Benadryl last night and it worked like a charm. I’m definitely take some more tonight.

Reactions: 3 users
Anxiety is so bad today. Yikes.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
So what y’all reckon our chances are , roughly, of matching in our top 3? I figure it’s pretty good!

not that I’d be really unhappy until I’m down around 8, but ideally...

I CANT TAKE THIS THEY ALREADY KNOW WHY DONT WE AHHH
^ I’ve been saying this on loop for the past 3 hours I just want to know! Why couldn’t the leak have happened our year?!?!?!??

• Haha
  • Haha

Sent from my SM-G981U using SDN mobile
Dude. Go away. Why would you ruin current fourth years prime time? Literally the moment they’ve worked 4 years for and you come here to lay this steaming pile?

Reactions: 12 users
2 hours and 10 minutes. I’m to the freaking out point.

It’s not 11 am yet and I’ve poured a mimosa. Since it’s a brunch alcohol it’s fine right?

Within the hour, we’ll know where we’re spending the next 3 to 7 years of our careers. No big deal haha

I'm an m0 and still hyped. Godspeed ya'll!

Sorry your match wasn't higher on your list, but hoping it will turn out well for you. From what I read here, they usually do ( )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users

Eh, can’t complain. It’s in my home state and the hospital is gorgeous.

Reactions: 14 users
#6 Damn, I'm going for a run to shake things off now. Moving across the coast now... Very sad.

• Sad
GOT MY NUMBER 1 I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Got my #1!! This is truly a miracle

• Love
What's the best apartment finding strategy? Any good websites? what are people planning to do?

I’m sorry you’re upset. But congrats to you as well, Doctor!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users