French QWWarter Sign Ups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wouldn't it make more sense to vote Mel then if you agree he's a good first day vote vs. a random vote on someone who hasn't shown up yet?

Wanted to spread out votes. Didn't realize they were already so spread out.

Also to clarify, I just think mel is a good random D1 vote in general. I don't think his post was sketch.

Members don't see this ad.

Makes for better discussions I think and keeps people from getting tunnel vision so early on in the game which is unhelpful in most cases. Also helps my VCA when it gets closer to endgame. Why do you dislike it D1?

I don't think it makes for better discussion. A ton of people on the board who only have 1 or 2 votes generally feel no pressure to say anything until late in the day. And then some people aren't even around to change their votes when people actually start talking, we get into a scramble mode as people start realizing they're in trouble, and with the votes being so close it's easier to quickly flip the vote onto a random person... which could work out in our favor but is more likely not to.

Nothing wrong with a smaller spread. It's good not to be restricted to discussing just a couple of leading candidates, but when you have literally have the roster on the board? Nah, that sucks.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is finn serious while everyone else is non-serious? How does that make you feel about her voters? Do you still think acan is the most informative choice right now?

I don't know it sounded like the most serious pressure was on her out of anyone else. Maybe mel too.

I don't think it makes for better discussion. A ton of people on the board who only have 1 or 2 votes generally feel no pressure to say anything until late in the day. And then some people aren't even around to change their votes when people actually start talking, we get into a scramble mode as people start realizing they're in trouble, and with the votes being so close it's easier to quickly flip the vote onto a random person... which could work out in our favor but is more likely not to.

Nothing wrong with a smaller spread. It's good not to be restricted to discussing just a couple of leading candidates, but when you have literally have the roster on the board? Nah, that sucks.

well as I said before I didn't realize how many people were on the board...

AM She's been on here multiple times since the game started and said nothing of content except a vote for 3m that seems like a random joke vote. So nothing.

AM She's been on here multiple times since the game started and said nothing of content except a vote for 3m that seems like a random joke vote. So nothing.
Do you have any questions for her?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Touchdown in Nola Day 1 Lynch Tally:

1576172073725.png

AM (1) - Coffee?
Coffee? (1) - AM
capri (1) - finn
3M (2) - SAR, Msp
Finn (2) - capri, miz
SAR (2) - WZ, Snowy
Nav (1) - Coops
WZ (1) - Sporty
Dolph (1) - Lawp
Mel (1) - genny
Lawp (1) - Dolph
genny (1) - 3M
acanth (-)

15/20
closes at 9pm EST TODAY, Thursday, 12/12 (8.5 hours)

There are at least one or two other people I can pick out who have done similar. Why pick me out of them? And is this inconsistent with what you know of my D1 play?

I know everyone is throwing joke votes around right now but this gave me some extra feelz anyway.

*****lynch finn****** for now
I was wondering about that extra bit of justification for a joke vote. Trying too hard because she’s wolfy, or just exam stress?
Seems reachy to me tbh
I get it's day 1 but like, it didn't read as any more over-justification than anyone else's joke votes. And you know what happens if you don't give a reason at all.

Two. Snowy and 3M each posted once. And everyone else who was posting at that point had voted. Mel threw a little shade and peaced out. I don’t think it’s inconsistent for me to vote for him under those circumstances.
Is it abnormal for mel to do that? Honest question

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems reachy to me tbh
I get it's day 1 but like, it didn't read as any more over-justification than anyone else's joke votes. And you know what happens if you don't give a reason at all.

I legit forgot you were playing :laugh: for a second I was like why is the mod commenting on a strategy post?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

1576177615695.png

AM (1) - Coffee?
Coffee? (1) - AM
capri (1) - finn
3M (2) - SAR, Msp
Finn (2) - capri, miz
SAR (1) - Snowy
Nav (1) - Coops
WZ (1) - Sporty
Dolph (1) - Lawp
Mel (1) - genny
Lawp (1) - Dolph
genny (1) - 3M
acanth (-)
Lawper (1) - WZ

15/20
closes at 9pm EST TODAY, Thursday, 12/12 (<7 hours)

Unlynch 3m, lynch Snowy

Got 3m in my light village lean pile now and though sure it may be retaliatory but I don't like the aggro way Snowy came out of the gate. Not what I associate with her village play I guess?

Is it abnormal for mel to do that? Honest question
Not entirely. I’ve seen him do it more as a wolf than a villager. The problem with playing more games is that you see more players trying more tactics, and eventually their meta becomes all-encompassing. At least, that’s what I like to tell myself when I’m crap at hunting wolves after having played so much.

He should know better. Idk, I like voting for Mel early. I’ll probably change it unless he does something sketchy.

haha
haha
haha

thats funny because you don't actually vote me early. The only time that you did was Cats when we were both wolves soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Two. Snowy and 3M each posted once. And everyone else who was posting at that point had voted. Mel threw a little shade and peaced out. I don’t think it’s inconsistent for me to vote for him under those circumstances.
who did I shade? The MOD for saying my liver needs a break on wednesdays? Dubz or SAR for continuing their joke about how the original post’s words were Dubz’ words?

Lynch Genny

This isn’t village genny, too serious and jumpy to defend herself. I have a near perfect record reading her (I kept telling people she was off in the FFIX and no one listened to me)

tenor.gif
Here!
(Yes I'm reusing the gif but it's too good not too!)

Damn it: pls hold
Reported for cross posting

• Haha

1576182156651.png

AM (1) - Coffee?
Coffee? (1) - AM
capri (1) - finn
3M (1) - Msp
Finn (2) - capri, miz
SAR (1) - Snowy
Nav (1) - Coops
WZ (1) - Sporty
Dolph (1) - Lawp
Mel (1) - genny
Lawp (1) - Dolph
genny (2) - 3M, Mel
acanth (-)
Lawper (1) - WZ
Snowy (1) - SAR

16/20
closes at 9pm EST TODAY, Thursday, 12/12 (5.5 hours)

Seems reachy to me tbh
Meh. Reachy for sure but I’d rather place a reachy vote than a joke vote that snowballs.

haha
haha
haha

thats funny because you don't actually vote me early. The only time that you did was Cats when we were both wolves soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

who did I shade? The MOD for saying my liver needs a break on wednesdays? Dubz or SAR for continuing their joke about how the original post’s words were Dubz’ words?

Lynch Genny

This isn’t village genny, too serious and jumpy to defend herself. I have a near perfect record reading her (I kept telling people she was off in the FFIX and no one listened to me)

Reported for cross posting
So what you're saying is you're both wolves :heckyeah:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
pbpa since I hadn't read the thread since my original post:

lynch mel
for commenting but not voting
This doesn't seem terribly indicative of anything, especially since it was relatively early in the game day still. But I know everyone has already harped on this post.
Don't like the "welcome" votes for 3M on her first game back, feels cheap
You've definitely said something very similiar to this in a past game, probs about a year ago now. So +1 for consistency I guess, but doesn't make me hate your post any less. Gonna try to figure out what game that was.
He should know better. Idk, I like voting for Mel early. I’ll probably change it unless he does something sketchy.
Meh
Not gonna lie I'm gonna be pretty peeved if you guys lynch me on day one of the last ww game I may be able to play for awhile. Especially over a joke vote.
I think I hate this post most so far. Genuine? Maybe. But it just....reads as such a strong attempt to pull heartstrings and it makes me feel icky.
The appeal to emotions is not helping your case.
This.
And oh wow. I didn't realize how many people are on the board.
This also.... feels forced.

View attachment 289012

AM (1) - Coffee?
Coffee? (1) - AM
capri (1) - finn
3M (1) - Msp
Finn (2) - capri, miz
SAR (1) - Snowy
Nav (1) - Coops
WZ (1) - Sporty
Dolph (1) - Lawp
Mel (1) - genny
Lawp (2) - Dolph, WZ
genny (2) - 3M, Mel
acanth (-)
Snowy (1) - SAR

16/20
closes at 9pm EST TODAY, Thursday, 12/12 (<6 hours)

pbpa since I hadn't read the thread since my original post:

This doesn't seem terribly indicative of anything, especially since it was relatively early in the game day still. But I know everyone has already harped on this post.

You've definitely said something very similiar to this in a past game, probs about a year ago now. So +1 for consistency I guess, but doesn't make me hate your post any less. Gonna try to figure out what game that was.

Meh

I think I hate this post most so far. Genuine? Maybe. But it just....reads as such a strong attempt to pull heartstrings and it makes me feel icky.

This.

This also.... feels forced.
Hey sporty remember that time last game when I got pretty strong village feels from your early game posts?

This is kind of like that time, but the opposite

What's up with all the angst?

• Angry

Really? I have her leaning moderate village. She seems a bit more aggressive than usual, but her tone is still village to me

She's one of the few players I feel like I can still read after my horrendous outing in the last game :laugh: