NeWW Girl - Sign Up & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Clem can you do a readthrough of PSV's posts and tell us if you still get the same vibes.
Dubz exited the game a while ago, seems silly to be operating with limited/outdated info, regardless of how confident you are.
Well I can read dubz and I'm not sure i can read psv either way, so...no lol I'm gonna base my read on that slot on the person I can, ya know, actually read

Members don't see this ad.

You do realize how clownish this looks when Dubz isn't even in the game anymore and you aren't going to list the correct player (me)? Like, it's basically impossible to even respond to this because you won't justify your read.
It was for emphasis that my SR is on dubz specifically, regardless of who currently occupies the slot

Members don't see this ad :)

I’m sorry, what? You also voted Ivy last night?

And I don’t think PSV misunderstood the concept, just the wording you used
Correct me if I’m wrong?

Correct. But I’m not going to sus myself, right? So by POE…

PSV and I both made the mistake a few pages ago of thinking conscription could be a night action, which it is not in this game.

So let me get this correct, because I understand the set up after reading it that makes me suspicious?
I think that is a pretty weak argument and understanding the set up of the game is NAI

And how do I know that you aren’t just saying you didn’t understand?

You’re making a lot of stretches Miranda, and coming across a little more defensive than I expected.

I didn’t say you were sus because you understood the setup. I did say that I find it unlikely a wolf would misunderstand the setup. Since PSV misunderstood, that decreased the likelihood (in this context) of wolfiness. You’re logical fallacy-ing all over the place and it’s making it hard for me to feel better about you. Classic fallacy of “A then B does not mean if not A then not B.”

Just because PSV is less sus because he misunderstood mechanics doesn’t mean you are more sus because you do. And I never brought up you understanding mechanics or not as a basis for my sus.

What’s the point of this question? You don’t know. It’s WW. Half of us are going to lie by nature of the game. It’s a game by virtue of asymmetric information. I have no ability to prove I genuinely didn’t understand, even if that were the truth.

This is village-on-village violence or I'll eat my hat

You’re making a lot of stretches Miranda, and coming across a little more defensive than I expected.

I didn’t say you were sus because you understood the setup. I did say that I find it unlikely a wolf would misunderstand the setup. Since PSV misunderstood, that decreased the likelihood (in this context) of wolfiness. You’re logical fallacy-ing all over the place and it’s making it hard for me to feel better about you. Classic fallacy of “A then B does not mean if not A then not B.”

Just because PSV is less sus because he misunderstood mechanics doesn’t mean you are more sus because you do. And I never brought up you understanding mechanics or not as a basis for my sus.
I’m just trying to understand your thought process because it’s not making sense to me

I feel like it's kinda a super level 1 solve but I was pondering whether Kate could be a lost wolf and trying to signal boost to Clem if he's a wolf-wolf.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I feel like it's kinda a super level 1 solve but I was pondering whether Kate could be a lost wolf and trying to signal boost to Clem if he's a wolf-wolf.
I feel like trying to do something like that on thread where we could all see is... Pretty risky

I feel like trying to do something like that on thread where we could all see is... Pretty risky
It is. I've played with Kate before and I think she's ballsy enough to do it and good enough to get away with it.
But again that's a level 1 thought and would be pretty damning if/when either went over

No One Page GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
Lightning Storm GIF
Lightning Bolt Rain GIF by Control Vertex
Art Lightning GIF by davestrick

@alissa14 I’m assuming it’s okay to start preparing the mod lightning bolts?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Lightning Storm GIF
Lightning Bolt Rain GIF by Control Vertex
Art Lightning GIF by davestrick

@alissa14 I’m assuming it’s okay to start preparing the mod lightning bolts?
Marvel Cinematic Universe GIF by Leroy Patterson

This is me. Y’all better count your blessings I didn’t instill a post minimum on this game!

Last edited:
I was really hoping someone would come forward with a block. Because the alternative is that the wolves know who they all are at this point which is worse for village.

I was really hoping someone would come forward with a block. Because the alternative is that the wolves know who they all are at this point which is worse for village.
I suppose the concern is that there are two options for why there was no kill- a blocked wolf or the wolves trying to shoot the lone wolf. If someone did block someone else, it could be a red herring and could lead to a misyeet- which we can no longer afford.

Just to clarify with an example, let's say I blocked Viscernable last night. I could do a big dramatic j'accuse and we all pile on her... but maybe she's just a vanillager who didn't even know she was blocked, and what actually happened was Kate tried to shoot Miranda only to discover that she's the Lone Wolf. We misyeet Vissy and lose the next day.

I suppose the concern is that there are two options for why there was no kill- a blocked wolf or the wolves trying to shoot the lone wolf. If someone did block someone else, it could be a red herring and could lead to a misyeet- which we can no longer afford.

Just to clarify with an example, let's say I blocked Viscernable last night. I could do a big dramatic j'accuse and we all pile on her... but maybe she's just a vanillager who didn't even know she was blocked, and what actually happened was Kate tried to shoot Miranda only to discover that she's the Lone Wolf. We misyeet Vissy and lose the next day.
Ok then, guess I’ll go with my backup plan.

Yeet true

• Sad
Ok then, guess I’ll go with my backup plan.

Yeet true
Explain plz.

We also have no evidence for a blocker given the equally feasible possibility wolves did not conscript, so I'm not even sure we should be operating on the assumption we have one.

Though now that gets me thinking - if I were a wolf, is there any reason I WOULDN'T conscript?

I feel like leaving the lone wolf to themselves is a bad strategy for wolves? For one, wolves don't know who the lone wolf is. The only way they could find out is by accidentally shooting them (and even then, the night flavor probably won't specify if it was a lone wolf shot or a blocker). That's a waste of an NK. Why would a wolf pack CHOOSE to have a hidden teammate? It doesn't make sense. Better to conscript and know more information about who is wolf/who is village. Sure, it gives village one more PR but I'd much prefer to know FOR CERTAIN who one of my teammates is?

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrongly. But I feel like the typical play would be to conscript pre-game?

Though now that gets me thinking - if I were a wolf, is there any reason I WOULDN'T conscript?

I feel like leaving the lone wolf to themselves is a bad strategy for wolves? For one, wolves don't know who the lone wolf is. The only way they could find out is by accidentally shooting them (and even then, the night flavor probably won't specify if it was a lone wolf shot or a blocker). That's a waste of an NK. Why would a wolf pack CHOOSE to have a hidden teammate? It doesn't make sense. Better to conscript and know more information about who is wolf/who is village. Sure, it gives village one more PR but I'd much prefer to know FOR CERTAIN who one of my teammates is?

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrongly. But I feel like the typical play would be to conscript pre-game?
Yeah, I've gone down that thought process.

I've been torn over whether I should be blunt about it or not, but given that we need to pick correctly today, I'll be clear: I have a PR. Which means that the village has a minimum of three, so we can confirm that the wolves did choose at least one of their optional boosts.

To remind folks, their list of options is:
  • Bulletproof
  • Role Cop
  • JOAT (1 shot Strongman, 1 shot Ninja)
  • Daytalk (passive ability)
  • Recruit Traitor as Mafia Goon

Of these, the strongest do seem to be daytalk (otherwise they can only communicate during the night cycle, which seems awful for coordinating) and possibly recruiting the traitor. However, where I run into trouble is the fact that my personal preferences are coloring what I value. I value lots of communication in wolfchat, so I'd pick daytalk; but a genny-Clem wolfpack, for example, would probably decline that since it gives the village a material boost. And recruiting the traitor does seem strong, but having them as a separate party (who you can't accidentally kill, even if it costs an NK) is good because it makes the lone wolf harder for us to find by looking at voting patterns or on-thread interactions.

TL;DR: I think we should try and identify a wolf the old-fashioned way, because there's too much wobbliness in the mechanics.

Reactions: 2 users
Marvel Cinematic Universe GIF by Leroy Patterson

This is me. Y’all better count your blessings I didn’t instill a post minimum on this game!
If you’re looking for someone to modkill, I might be interested.

If they didn’t conscript then someone blocked a wolf last night and should probably tell us.
But we don't know if conscription happened. Blocker shouldn't assume this to out themselves needlessly and paint a target on their backs.

I've been torn over whether I should be blunt about it or not, but given that we need to pick correctly today, I'll be clear: I have a PR.
Not sure if there's anything more to elaborate on, but can you explain your thought process around why you chose to identify you have a PR?

If we are in a situation where we need to pick correctly today, even if we yeet a wolf (no guarantees we will, could very well be a misyeet), you have given them a clear target for NK. Of course, we can cross our fingers there is a blocker who could attempt to roleblock you. But there is an equal possibility wolves have chosen a JOAT and there is a strongarm too.

So you made the decision to weigh {small chance we yeet a wolf; painting target on your back for NK} against {small chance we yeet a wolf; not outing yourself as an NK target} and came up with the former.

You *are* leading vote by one I think? But even by moving off you there is no guarantee we will hit a wolf and we may very well misyeet again.

Just thinking aloud and hoping for your aloud thoughts too :)

A wolfy pr?
As we approach the vote your tunnel is getting less funny.

If they didn’t conscript then someone blocked a wolf last night and should probably tell us.
How, exactly, are we supposed to know if they conscripted the LW or not?

Not sure if there's anything more to elaborate on, but can you explain your thought process around why you chose to identify you have a PR?

If we are in a situation where we need to pick correctly today, even if we yeet a wolf (no guarantees we will, could very well be a misyeet), you have given them a clear target for NK. Of course, we can cross our fingers there is a blocker who could attempt to roleblock you. But there is an equal possibility wolves have chosen a JOAT and there is a strongarm too.

So you made the decision to weigh {small chance we yeet a wolf; painting target on your back for NK} against {small chance we yeet a wolf; not outing yourself as an NK target} and came up with the former.

You *are* leading vote by one I think? But even by moving off you there is no guarantee we will hit a wolf and we may very well misyeet again.

Yes, the thought process was fairly simple.
1. We almost certainly lose if we misyeet.
2. Revealing that I have a PR, while slight negative EV in the sense that the wolves may choose to target me tonight, is not that big of a deal. They get no big material gain from it.
3. And importantly, it is valuable information for the village. It confirms that the wolves took at least one of their potential boons, at a minimum.

Giving them a clear target for the NK is really not a big deal for me. I have often been an early NK target (due to being an extremely difficult misyeet more than anything), and it's nearly endgame. If I die tonight or die tomorrow, it doesn't affect me much. I'd rather give the town more information so we as a group have a better chance to win.

@genny, in the interest of solving, who besides me do you find most wolfy right now? There are three out there, I can't be your only candidate.

And @Clem J, in the same vein, PSZ is one person. If she is a wolf, who do you see as her packmates? If you're wrong about her, who might it be then?

Also, just a note, but the blocker has to select the wolf who was chosen to do the NK to successfully stop the NK. Picking the person who's getting targeted would just stop their role from working, if any. I confirmed this with the mods in my role PM, you can feel free to do the same.

You're right. Idk why my mechanics are crap this game, I have literally misread every single thing and kept on thinking of a jailer role instead of a true blocker role.

Sigh.

@Truenamer since we're talking about it, we might as well talk about it.

Our options for town roles were cop, role blocker, bodyguard, tracker, vigilante, and innocent child.
No child was revealed on D1. We already lost our tracker and vig. You're a cop, blocker, or bodyguard (assuming what you're saying about being a village PR is true - no pun intended). If you're a cop you at least know some information the rest of the vanillagers does not, and if the situation really is as dire as you say, now is the time to share so we can make informed votes.

If you have already painted a target on your back as a PR, then I think it's time to give us your intel. Did you act with your PR on prior nights?

(I also JUST realized that the cop only lands positives on wolves with no PR. Ugh.)

@Truenamer since we're talking about it, we might as well talk about it.

Our options for town roles were cop, role blocker, bodyguard, tracker, vigilante, and innocent child.
No child was revealed on D1. We already lost our tracker and vig. You're a cop, blocker, or bodyguard (assuming what you're saying about being a village PR is true - no pun intended). If you're a cop you at least know some information the rest of the vanillagers does not, and if the situation really is as dire as you say, now is the time to share so we can make informed votes.

If you have already painted a target on your back as a PR, then I think it's time to give us your intel. Did you act with your PR on prior nights?

(I also JUST realized that the cop only lands positives on wolves with no PR. Ugh.)
We're now 5 hours away from vote close and the thread is full of crickets, so:

1. As is probably easy to guess from what I've been focused on today, I'm the Town Blocker.

2. I blocked @Viscernable last night.

• Wow
@miranda920 you went pretty hard on me yesterday but are pretty quiet today, can I get your thoughts?
I still feel like the points you were making yesterday made very little sense

Earlier today True was talking as if they knew information, but was withholding and that felt very weird

But they just now revealed themselves as a blocker, which seeing as there was no NK makes sense
I believe their claim

Sorry, today was the first day I’ve had to get chores and errands done this week lol hence the inactivity

• Care
I still feel like the points you were making yesterday made very little sense

Earlier today True was talking as if they knew information, but was withholding and that felt very weird

But they just now revealed themselves as a blocker, which seeing as there was no NK makes sense
I believe their claim
I was withholding because it is my general policy to not give the wolves more information than I need to.

But like I said, people are not making discussion and we don't have a lot of new info to go off of, and we need to make a correct decision tonight.

We're now 5 hours away from vote close and the thread is full of crickets, so:

1. As is probably easy to guess from what I've been focused on today, I'm the Town Blocker.

2. I blocked @Viscernable last night.

It seems obvious that if you blocked Vis and there was no NK that Vis is almost certain to be a woof
Per the rules, woofs have to submit a kill

I am inclined to believe you, but want to make sure all avenues are explored properly.

The alternate explanation is:

True is a wolf and wolves found their lost packmate last night, resulting in a no-kill, leaving True open to claim whatever roleblocking PR he wants because no one else can verify his claim.

@Viscernable, what are your thoughts on this matter?

Doing a looksee through True's posts through the assumed lens of a roleblocker....

I am inclined to believe you, but want to make sure all avenues are explored properly.

The alternate explanation is:

True is a wolf and wolves found their lost packmate last night, resulting in a no-kill, leaving True open to claim whatever roleblocking PR he wants because no one else can verify his claim.

@Viscernable, what are your thoughts on this matter?
That seems plausible, especially since True has been sitting on this information for well over 24 hours and is just now sharing…
That doesn’t sit well with me

• Dislike
I feel like True’s claim could be real, but I don’t like the fact that if he did block Vis why has it taken this long for True to address it?
We are near the end game, we can’t beat around the bush