French QWWarter Sign Ups and Game Thread

Started by cubsrule4e
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just tried to find a mardi gras dog gif for my profile picture and was dismayed by the selection

My kingdom for the first person to scrounge me up an appropriate New Orleans dog profile gif

This is the best that google has given me. Much disappointment
source.gif

Edit: lol **** I already broke the rules and did not spoiler the gif originally. And I can't even blame the alcohol
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi hello sorry I am late to mardi gras

Today I have learned:
  • Manatees have 6 cervical vertebrae and the calves nurse from the mom's armpits
  • Horses have ~500,000 blood types (not an exaggeration, there was permutation math)
  • It actually takes a hot minute to catch up on WW when you don't look at a thread for 12 hours
  • A glass of wine at 2am doesn't help me sleep, it makes me want to play games on the internet
 
Hi hello sorry I am late to mardi gras

Today I have learned:
  • Manatees have 6 cervical vertebrae and the calves nurse from the mom's armpits
  • Horses have ~500,000 blood types (not an exaggeration, there was permutation math)
  • It actually takes a hot minute to catch up on WW when you don't look at a thread for 12 hours
  • A glass of wine at 2am doesn't help me sleep, it makes me want to play games on the internet

Mardi Gras(GraWW?) is in February, this is the precursor 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@genny if you are voting for Mel because he posted without voting, what makes his comments different from the other people who posted without voting?

I feel like this isn’t something good to go on first vote. Half the people vote as their first post, the other half don’t...its first vote, there’s not anything to go on but maybe you still get lucky with nothing and catch a wolf
 
I just tried to find a mardi gras dog gif for my profile picture and was dismayed by the selection

My kingdom for the first person to scrounge me up an appropriate New Orleans dog profile gif
Any particular dog preference? And does it have to be a gif?
d84cb7f06473f02e8d0dbf065274a3b3.jpg

^ I see this one was already posted, but I'm posting it again because cute doggo
giphy.gif

free+animated+gifs+dog+free+animated+gif+cats+3d+DDD+free+animated+gifs+dogs++pets+catscarnival+marti+gras+photo+ecards+Venice++free+download+flash+graphic+arts+animated+gifs+funny+animated+GIF+images+clips.gif

giphy.gif

(idk that last one came up for "nola dog gif" b
 
Dear heavens. This week is effing insane. Somebody send help kthxbai.



I know everyone is throwing joke votes around right now but this gave me some extra feelz anyway.


*****lynch finn****** for now
I was wondering about that extra bit of justification for a joke vote. Trying too hard because she’s wolfy, or just exam stress?
 
I feel like this isn’t something good to go on first vote. Half the people vote as their first post, the other half don’t...its first vote, there’s not anything to go on but maybe you still get lucky with nothing and catch a wolf
It's not so much that, it's that multiple other people posted right above that without voting so it's inconsistent.

On the flipside, I don't disagree with dropping a vote on Mel early
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not so much that, it's that multiple other people posted right above that without voting so it's inconsistent.

On the flipside, I don't disagree with dropping a vote on Mel early
Two. Snowy and 3M each posted once. And everyone else who was posting at that point had voted. Mel threw a little shade and peaced out. I don’t think it’s inconsistent for me to vote for him under those circumstances.
 
lynch acan

Random vote for someone who hasn't shown up yet. But I also agree with genny/pippy that mel is always a good first vote.
 
Hi hello sorry I am late to mardi gras

Today I have learned:
  • Manatees have 6 cervical vertebrae and the calves nurse from the mom's armpits
  • Horses have ~500,000 blood types (not an exaggeration, there was permutation math)
  • It actually takes a hot minute to catch up on WW when you don't look at a thread for 12 hours
  • A glass of wine at 2am doesn't help me sleep, it makes me want to play games on the internet

Too much WW.. Manatee now does not make me think of the animal.

When you get to higher levels of WW do you gain/lose cervical vertebrae?
 
Touchdown in Nola Day 1 Lynch Tally:

1576170471349.png


AM (1) - Coffee?
Coffee? (1) - AM
capri (1) - finn
3M (2) - SAR, Msp
Finn (2) - capri, miz
SAR (1) - WZ
Nav (1) - Coops
WZ (1) - Sporty
Dolph (1) - Lawp
Mel (1) - genny
Lawp (1) - Dolph
genny (1) - 3M
acanth (1) - Snowy

15/20
closes at 9pm EST TODAY, Thursday, 12/12 (9 hours)
 
Not feeling finn. Everyone else is a joke lynch I think. I don't remember who's all being voted for.

I like to spread out lynch votes D1 until I actually have feelz for someone.
Oh, so you think finn is a serious push?

The other people on the board (outside of finn and Mel) are me, Coffee?, genny, 3m, capri, SAR, Nav, dubz, dolphin, and Lawpy. Which is already over half the roster. How much larger does the spread have to be?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, so you think finn is a serious push?

The other people on the board (outside of finn and Mel) are me, Coffee?, genny, 3m, capri, SAR, Nav, dubz, dolphin, and Lawpy. Which is already over half the roster. How much larger does the spread have to be?

Yes.

And oh wow. I didn't realize how many people are on the board.

Why do you like to spread out the lynch votes?

I ask because I really dislike it so I'm curious what your reasoning is for spreading them out further.

Makes for better discussions I think and keeps people from getting tunnel vision so early on in the game which is unhelpful in most cases. Also helps my VCA when it gets closer to endgame. Why do you dislike it D1?
 
Unlynch acan

Lynch SAR


because the most feelz for her at this point from the list of people who have votes on them already